So it's confirmed - after two months of being broken up after a serious two-year relationship, he is already with someone else. I went to his Facebook (ugh I know I shouldn't have). Since it's usually on complete privacy, there shouldn't be much that would hurt me, right? Wrong! He decided to put his relationship status public as of late and yes, he's in a relationship with the girl he sat next to in his graduation, the day right after we broke up.

Okay okay before you say that we've been broken up for a semi-decent amount of time, keep in mind that the break-up was abrupt with him professing his love up until the day I broke it off with him. (Long story short - I came crawling back for another chance, he shut me down and cut me off coldly from his life) I don't understand. Even I haven't jumped into a relationship yet, and I'm even developing genuine feelings for my good friend. I told him that I need time to completely heal so that we could do things right.

I haven't cried or anything but now I can't sleep. Guise, please, any words of comfort

sorry to hear ... men never cease to amaze me.its now 3 months since my breakup and mine moved on ages ago.yet I can't find anybody

at least your not my age

sorry about it all.

Oh, you will find someone. We both will. Good things come to those who wait....

It will be ok, it sounds like the guy just through the word around. Time heals all, and your doing the right thing by being patient. That way you can love again, and have a serious relationship without distractions

Thanks, Josh. I do believe that I am doing the right thing by taking my time.

2 months isn't that long so I think you're handling it very well. I would be floored if I found out my ex was seeing someone, especially as he used the ol' "I don't another relationship" line - (ha, we shall see.....).

You look gorgeous from your pic, I'm sure you will be fine! It isn't a race either... just take things at your own pace. Your life, your rules, your timeframe..what this ex of yours is doing is no longer your concern, so he can carry on behaving like a tool. You're taking time to heal and doing the sensible healthy thing. Sounds like you will come out better from this mess than he! Keep thinking positively

You don't have a right to complain when you're the dumper imo.

People have the right to their feelings. I don't think it's fair to out and out dismiss them especially when they are asking for support.

You broke up with him for a reason Jenn. I know it hurts to see him professing his love, but you never really know what's going on with his heart. If you see things from his perspective, he's doing the best he can to move forward too. Just remember, you take the time you need and find someone better for you.

You don't have a right to complain when you're the dumper imo.

He is the real dumper since he denied me a second chance, and with an * * * * * * * attitude, too. You have no idea how much pain he put me through, I don't deserve an insensitive comment like that.

That's horrible, Jenn. I'm so sorry. I guess the only "good" news is that he's rushed into something instead of waiting for the right thing, so it probably won't make him happy in the end.

He's a jerk for putting his relationship status public. Personally, I think he did that on purpose hoping you'd look. Maybe you should block him now, so you don't have these setbacks?

I thought you departed from the site with your last thread, it's good to see you're still here.

Just take your time, you shouldn't really care what happens or goes on with his life. Just focus on yourself. The best thing to do is to not go to his page if you know it's going to hurt you.

I thought you departed from the site with your last thread, it's good to see you're still here.

Just take your time, you shouldn't really care what happens or goes on with his life. Just focus on yourself. The best thing to do is to not go to his page if you know it's going to hurt you.

I know, I know...I'm heading out for a jog right now..

sorry to hear ... men never cease to amaze me.its now 3 months since my breakup and mine moved on ages ago.yet I can't find anybody

at least your not my age

sorry about it all.

Not just men. I am healing while my ex went right into a new relationship.

To OP. We are the ones doing the right thing. Healing and working so our next one won't fail

He is the real dumper since he denied me a second chance, and with an * * * * * * * attitude, too. You have no idea how much pain he put me through, I don't deserve an insensitive comment like that.

Didn't you dump him first? As much as you're hurting, I can't blame him for not wanting anything to do with you anymore. He's probably still hurting over what you did.

Didn't you dump him first? As much as you're hurting, I can't blame him for not wanting anything to do with you anymore. He's probably still hurting over what you did.

Yes, I did but with good reason. He was always breaking up with me and getting back with me within the same week. And I pathetically believed in us working out every single time.Try going through this several times in a period of two months. No joke.

Yes, I did but with good reason. He was always breaking up with me and getting back with me within the same week. And I pathetically believed in us working out every single time.Try going through this several times in a period of two months. No joke.

I see. I had a boyfriend like this once. So, he dumps you whenever the feeling passes through him thinking he'll just call you up when it gets a little lonely, but the sucker can't handle it when you've just had enough. I feel you, I've been there. Over, and over, and over.

Seriously, you'll be fine. Just brush this off your shoulders. That poor chick has no idea what she's in for, and I'd wish her good luck!

In a sort of preemptive strike against my being sad when/if the day comes that I find out my ex is with someone new, I have created a boyfriend in my head. The guy looks like Bradley Cooper, he knows how to do EVERYTHING, and he's got a personality that could melt the hardest heart. He's not real, but whenever I imagine what it would be like to be with a guy like that (and, one day I will!), my ex looks like a pile of horse poo in comparison Perhaps similar thoughts will only reinforce your reasons for ending things.

i feel you.

my ex not once ever posted anything on fb about us because he says its silly and stupid but now he's liking her status and posting on her wall openly flirting. i had to delete him so i won't see it.

at least at the end of the day we will grow our will power!

seriously though.. you are ONLY 20!!! So please do explore the world of single people because when i was 20 everybody was single and i wasn't. Now i'm 25 and almost everybody is attached in long term commitments and i'm single. So relish the singleness!

i feel you.

my ex not once ever posted anything on fb about us because he says its silly and stupid but now he's liking her status and posting on her wall openly flirting. i had to delete him so i won't see it.

at least at the end of the day we will grow our will power!

seriously though.. you are ONLY 20!!! So please do explore the world of single people because when i was 20 everybody was single and i wasn't. Now i'm 25 and almost everybody is attached in long term commitments and i'm single. So relish the singleness!

Lol, I am only 20 but have always been a serious relationship type of gal. I'm not into flings, hook-ups, or anything like that. I'm trying to enjoy other aspects of the single life - self exploration, making new friends, etc.

so yea

In a sort of preemptive strike against my being sad when/if the day comes that I find out my ex is with someone new, I have created a boyfriend in my head. The guy looks like Bradley Cooper, he knows how to do EVERYTHING, and he's got a personality that could melt the hardest heart. He's not real, but whenever I imagine what it would be like to be with a guy like that (and, one day I will!), my ex looks like a pile of horse poo in comparison Perhaps similar thoughts will only reinforce your reasons for ending things.

okay mine is Clive Owen ^_^

Lol, I am only 20 but have always been a serious relationship type of gal. I'm not into flings, hook-ups, or anything like that. I'm trying to enjoy other aspects of the single life - self exploration, making new friends, etc.

so yea

same here about the serious relationships no hookup etc.. but i means singleness as in time for yourself not one night stands because that is not what being single is about.

being single is about having fun with friends! i wish i had this BU when i was 20 then it'd be so much easier to move on cos everybody is free to help you move on and be single.

Archived