Am I being ridiculous?

Last night I was browsing on facebook and I went on my boyfriend's profile. A little ways down 'the page it said he commented on some picture, so I looked.

It was a picture of him and an ex. He was tagged in it and they were side hugging and wearing matching shirts (it was from 2 1/2 years ago). She commented "lol" and he commented "matching shirts".

I was kind of weirded out cause I didn't think he talked to her ever but thought maybe he just commented cause she did and that they're finally getting over their hatred for eachother? They aren't even friends on facebook.

Then this morning I go on and because I'm crazy I look for it again and I can't find it cause he has this thing where he hates that his wall is messy so he deletes all the posts off it like.. so and so commented on this picture, things like that.

So I found the picture in his tagged photos and they commented some more, reminiscing about old times. Nothing even flirty. If I didn't already know she was his ex I woudln't think anything of it.

But he deleted it so quickly.

I want to mention it to him, ask him if I should be weirded out, but the post was quite far down on his wall, he'd know that I had to look pretty hard for it and I don't want to make him feel as though I'm not trusting him (I'm just trying to get over my own issues).

What do I do?

I think it sounds like they are just being on friendly terms.

I personally have never been friends/friendly with an ex. So I dont get it. None of my bf's would have been happy with me speaking to exes. But everyone is different.

He has other exes I am ok with him being friends with cause it was almost 10 years ago and there's nothing there. But this was his most recent, so I'm a bit weirded out.

Do you think I should say anything to him?

I think if I do he will feel like I am watching his FB profile.. which I kind of do.

I would leave it. You have to pick your battles and this just doesn't warrant one. He'll say they're just friendly which is already your conclusion. So nothing will be gained except that you'll look insecure.

True. I guess what weirds be out is that he deleted the comment so quickly. But then again he does that to all of his so maybe I'm just reading too much into it.

Now I am paranoid that he is texting her or something. I think he might have had her number because of some financial things in the past, after their break up.

He's been treating me so well, too. yesterday he randomly sent me flowers, just cause. And he's been calling me twice a day and skyping me. I wish this stupid mistrust wasn't an issue for me..

I don't have problem with wall posts. I mean, obviously you're not hiding anything when you post on a wall.

You're not being ridiculous, you just need to stop extrapolating wall posts into other things you have no evidence of. Need evidence! But seriously if it goes there you will sense it in shifts in your relationship. They guys buying you flowers. We don't do that for people we don't care about.

True. I guess what weirds be out is that he deleted the comment so quickly. But then again he does that to all of his so maybe I'm just reading too much into it.

From what you've said in this thread, it does seem like you are reading too much into it.

ah, just after the whole "cheating" thing, I've been so paranoid. Understandably.. but I can't keep picking apart everything after we've both decided to work on it and we have been. And things have been better. Last time it happened, I did notice a shift in my relationship but now there's nothing. He's very attentive to me.

I'm overreacting and I'm glad I posted this because I was on the verge of asking him about it.

He commented again and didn't delete it.

I guess if he was hiding something he wouldn't go putting it on facebook where he knows I can look.

perhaps there's just a time when ex's reconcile and decide to look past all the crap that happened? she has a boyfriend and he has me.. I guess I just always thought he hated her, when we first started dating that's how he talked anyway.

He's not making an effort to hide anything so that is a good sign. Sometimes people that have shared a life together previously can come to be friendly again later in life. One or both may have matured and grown and come to realize that holding grudges isn't the healthiest way to live life.

I don't think you need to really worry about this right now.

He's not making an effort to hide anything so that is a good sign. Sometimes people that have shared a life together previously can come to be friendly again later in life. One or both may have matured and grown and come to realize that holding grudges isn't the healthiest way to live life.

I don't think you need to really worry about this right now.

I hope not. It really sounds like they're just remembering the night the picture was taken.

You're being ridiculous....and you know it, that's why you need some sort of affirmation from complete strangers on a forum. Your boyfriend is just being civil and he simply deleted the comments because that's the way he is ( you said so yourself : he doesn't like his walls being messy so he deletes everything ). It's not bc he is cheating on you etc. He is simply being civil and friendly with his ex...and that's it. If you snoop again and he finds out or you ask him about it, he will surely start to look at you wierdly.

You're being ridiculous....and you know it, that's why you need some sort of affirmation from complete strangers on a forum. Your boyfriend is just being civil and he simply deleted the comments because that's the way he is ( you said so yourself : he doesn't like his walls being messy so he deletes everything ). It's not bc he is cheating on you etc. He is simply being civil and friendly with his ex...and that's it. If you snoop again and he finds out or you ask him about it, he will surely start to look at you wierdly.

It is only because he has cheated before that I was questioning it. Not with her. But since then I have become suspicious. We are working it out and he has put a lot of effort in, but still I have my moments where I question things. And yes, I come to a forum with complete strangers for affirmation because if I didn't I would probably say something stupid to him.

It's not like I snooped either. It's facebook. But yes, I was keeping an eye on it.

Archived