I know the famous question "Why do girls like bad boys" has been answered countless of times. It's not always about being a bad boy criminal. It's about the attitude, lifestyle, and how the women is treated.
Before you continue reading this post let me tell you that this is completely based on my experience as a black man living in the south of the US.
During this current generation I feel that black men seem to have a certain standard to hold to attract women. It's mostly a very negative standard. Being a ghetto stereotype seems to attract all types of women. A below average black ghetto stereotype can pick a 10.
Now some of you wonder why I asked this question because I mention in the first paragraph about the bad boys. In my opinion being a ghetto stereotype takes the bad boy to another level. What are these stereotypes known to do? Not all ghetto stereotypes have all of these traits.
1. Drug Users- One of the negative stereotypical traits of ghetto stereotypes is very risk taking. It can lead to jail or prison time.
2. Dead Beat Dads- More and more black children are being raised in single parents homes. This is a problem in the black community. In recent sociological studies have found that black men may have some feminine qualities because they were only raised by a mother who took on both parent roles.
3. Clothing- Sagging pants, bagging clothing
4. Gang Members- All street gangs have ghetto stereotypical traits.
5. Does not know his Es and Rs.
So what about the non-stereotypical black man? Where does this leaves us? Some people rudely say to me that I am trying to be white, but I am only acting as myself. We wear more fitting clothes and have our belts above our waist. They rarely use any slang words instead they speak proper English.
Are the non-ghetto black men bad boys? Of course not. However at the same time they am not a "nice guy". We still don't kiss ass to hope a woman will like us. We have confidence and take risk by approaching women.
There are a few non-ghetto stereotypes on campus including myself. Out of the few of us only 2 get dates. They are both muscular, and one is considered the best looking guy on campus. The other guy only has muscles. He relies on his parents for money, has no hair line, and a terrible smile. So both have the athletic look working for them.
Why do some women prefer the Ghetto Black Men stereotype?