Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

giggidy

I'm happy finally. Very happy. I'm really thankful too, because my parents were sweet enough to make it happen for me. I fell really fortunate. I started going to community college when I got out of high school, and two years after that I received an AA. I chose to commute to a branch campus and live at home when I transfered to a university for my last two years. I worked really hard and now for the summer I'm taking my last classes at the main campus in the middle of Seattle. I have met the most amazing people in my dorm and I feel connected to people for the first time in my life.

When I was little, I always wanted a big group of friends that I could relate to. It was hard though, and I ended up making friends with random people who had the same problems/dilemmas. Now, it feels so natural and wonderful to have really close friends that I can laugh with and be myself around. It makes me happy just thinking about it.

It helps too, because its been a year since my last relationship, and I still think about her. I think about her because it seems like we are so much alike and we have had so much of the same problems in our life. I'm happy for her because I know she's experiencing the same thing and it probably makes her feel the same way. I don't know why I do this, but it is easier to connect to my own emotions when I project on to the emotions of others. I don't know if that is troublesome or not...

Regardless, I feel really happy. I never thought I would feel this way after being depressed for so long. But, like Chuck Palahniuk wrote: A moment is all you can expect from perfection.

Archived