Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: He's got a ring on middle finger..any meanings?

xyzzzz
    Silver Member

He's got a ring on middle finger..any meanings?

For the guy I have a crush on..I noticed he's got a ring on his middle finger..sometimes he doesnt wear it sometimes he does..will there be any meaning under it? Or highy possile it's from his gf (if he has one)?Cuz I thought single guys dont really wear such thing...

Jd1983
    To be honest, I don't think the ring means anything.

Now if it was on his ring finger, that's a different story.

xyzzzz
    Silver Member
    Cuz so far one of my friend says it could be his "man-meat" ring and it is from his gf

Jd1983
    This is what I found on the web:

A black ring (usually hematite) on the middle finger of the right hand is a universal, but not well-known, symbol of asexuality.

Do you guys talk? If so, why not just ask him if he has a gf?

Nomadic Intent
    Ummm... No.

back in my early 20's i wore a lot of rings on different fingers that i had bought, and i was witha gf back then, but i wore them for me. not for her.

Plus she and i had varying wardrobes anyway. I was more alternative. So could be this guy. Its most likely a statement of individuality.

Why not just ask him if there's any significance to the ring? And is this the same guy you've ben posting about xyyzzz? You still don't know if he has an SO?

xyzzzz
    Silver Member
    hmm? i dont remember if ive posted him before? but we just talked once and I havent asked him about the ring. Besides I never saw him wearing this ring before...oh actually it just reminded me..quite a long time ago I saw him wear a different ring..

xyzzzz
    Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomadic Intent [Register to see the link]
    Ummm... No.

back in my early 20's i wore a lot of rings on different fingers that i had bought, and i was witha gf back then, but i wore them for me. not for her.

Plus she and i had varying wardrobes anyway. I was more alternative. So could be this guy. Its most likely a statement of individuality.

Why not just ask him if there's any significance to the ring? And is this the same guy you've ben posting about xyyzzz? You still don't know if he has an SO?
    I just feel if it really is very possible from a SO, I dont even wanna bother talking to him anymore..
    However my friends say he doesnt look like he has a gf..lol Im surprised such thing can be observed?

sophie274
    I wouldn't think too much about it. A lot of sort "artsy/alternative" guys I know wear rings simply because they like the way they look. I personally (female) wear a ring on my middle finger that one of my best female friends bought for me when I visited her in my hometown.

You could always say something to him like that you like your ring and does it have any special significance to him? A lot of rings do for people - so I don't think it's too weird a question.

alli
    I think it probably means he has a ring that he likes to wear sometimes.

Why don't you just ask him if he has a girlfriend? It doesn't have to be that direct question. Ask him what he's up to this weekend (or any upcoming weekend). If he doesn't mention a girlfriend, say something like "No plans with your girlfriend then?" & he will either say "Well, she is doing xyz" which tells you he has one, or the obvious "Oh, I don't have a girlfriend".

Why spend so much energy analyzing this when you can just talk to him & find out??

Nomadic Intent
    Quote Originally Posted by alli [Register to see the link]

Why don't you just ask him if he has a girlfriend?

Why spend so much energy analyzing this when you can just talk to him & find out??
    I see so many threads here on ENA about this topic. Personally it frustrates me to no end, how people choose to over analyze and suffer through their thoughts instead of seizing the moment and finding out.

I understand confidences are different for everybody, or a lack thereof, but being a former shy guy i can no longer accept how people choose self-inflicted-anxiety instead of asking one simple question.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Top Threads
is he into me or nah?
Hello, I got single 7 months ago and ended my contact with my ex for good 4 months ago, it ended very badly and my ex turned out to be a complete
How to talk to a girl in the gym
I frequently go to the gym and I have seen this one girl that I think she is pretty. It might be me but every time I turn she is looking at me or
How do I know for sure if she is into me?
Hi everyone There is a girl who I recently met trough my friend. She is my friend's gf's best friend. She is 24. It was my friend's gf's birthday
Would like some tips for flirting
So I guess it's not that I can't flirt, as complimenting other people can sort of come naturally to me. I've only been in 1 relationship before and
She's trouble
Hey everyone! So recently split from my gf of 8 months (my decision) and kinda came to terms with the fact that my head has been turned by a girl
Crush on my friend please help!
Well, i have been friends with this guy for about a year and I've recently started to develop feelings for him. We're in the same group of friends so
He knows he was caught
So I had been texting this guy who had DM me and he was not a total stranger or anything I used to go to school with him in ememetry. He's really

Featured Threads
Controlling or very opinionated?
Hi, my name is Michael. I came here for some advice on my girlfriend and I's relationship. I am 17 and she is 16 and we've been dating for just shy
Women who prefer/only date younger men
I am dating a woman who is 9 years older than me. However, going after younger guys doesn't appear to be her pattern. In fact, the age difference
Still feels like the first day...
Long long story short.. I'll Coles notes it. I meet the love of my life at a gig I was playing, we ended up not spending a single night apart for
My partner and I have different goals, values, and thinking, should we continue?
My partner and I met a couple years ago when she moved to the city I lived in. We had shared a group of friends but never really knew each other
I'm hurt and not sure what to do ...
So ,this is my first time posting here ,but My mother always said it helps to write things down .So here it goes ! ^^ For a couple of weeks now
Who Am I and What do I Want?
Hi everyone, and thanks for reading this. At the moment I feel like I am having some sort of identity crisis, whilst not knowing what I want for
Is it wrong that I still talk to my ex boyfriend?
My ex boyfriend dumped me last week because he was pressuring me to have sex and I wasn't ready to have sex and he keeps calling and texting me every
Ask For Advice