Major depression - dilemma

To make a long story short:

-If I don't check myself into a psychiatric hospital within the next 48 hours, the odds that I'll end up injuring myself, getting myself fired, or getting myself arrested are very high.

-If I spend more than a week in the psychiatric hospital, I'm not going to have a job when I come out at all.

What would you do?

There's not much more to tell. I'm extremely, violently, urgently depressed, for no particular reason that I can put my finger on, and my options are 'pretend nothing is wrong and keep on seeing my psychiatrist every three weeks and hope i don't explode', or 'surrender control of my life to the psychiatrists at the hospital'.

Well considering you posted this in the suicide forum, I would say that your life is more important than a job. I think you should get the help you need before you end up doing something irreversible.

I dont know your work situation, but I would try and do what I can there too to make sure you dont completely lose it. But again, get yourself better, if you end up hurting yourself or worse, it really wont matter if you were able to keep your job or not anyways.

Archived