Ask For Advice

Thread: what does it mean if a girl says your name when she talks to you?

Deejmonster

what does it mean if a girl says your name when she talks to you?

This girl and I have been talking for a while.. Its a long and complicated situation.. we briefly dated but we called it off.. and I am under the assumption that she might be wanting step things up again.. as well as me wanting to also.. I have been looking at certain character traits about her that have become routine.. one thing that ive noticed that not other girl has down was.. when we text or even talk i will catch her saying/typing my name in the sentence every once in a while.. I was wondering why she might be doing this? She has down on all sorts of occasions.

BunnyTee
    Maybe she likes your name? Maybe she's emphasizing that she talking to you? I don't know that there's really any meaning to divine here. Perhaps just asking her will resolve your issue?

I wouldn't worry until she starts calling names that are not your's, though.

IphigeniaSaysHi

Some people just say names when they converse. I am not one of those people. It usually reflects intimacy of some sort.

doiiiieeezie
    Platinum Member
    Same, I usually only mention their name to emphasize emotion based on the topic of conversation, but perhaps she is using to that method of conversation?

ponyboy
    Silver Member
    Or maybe shes been trained by her female friends that it drives guys crazy when you say their names lol.

IGlareOften

I don't use names when I'm talking to males I like..I don't know why. I use them when I initially text someone like.;.." Ammmmmmmmmy" but after that..I tend to just talk to them. Plus, I'm the type to nick name people. So, I tend to use the nick names

Fudgie
    I always use people's names, male OR female, when I converse with them. It's personal habit I guess. It doesn't mean that I am romantically attached to them.

Cheetarah
    Forum Supporter

I use a person's name in conversation. Everyone from family to my clients. To me, it adds a personal touch.

intolerable
    I use names too, not a big deal to me.

Cognitive_Canine
    Platinum Member Cognitive_Canine's Avatar
    I use names if I particularly like saying the name.

"Eliott" "Alexander" "Jacque"

But, I think you're looking too into it.

Top Threads
Do any of these guys like me or am i being played by a group of friends ?
Im new here, so sorry if I talk a lot, but next time i will summarize my posts. Crazy enough, I found myself attracted to this guy Jay the first
Did he not tell me about her because maybe he once considered leaving her for me
I met Ash during a high school field trip to see the Great Gatsby. He went to a high school 2 hours away, but we got to know eachother and he even
Does he like me???
So there's this guy. His always flirting with me and asking me to go places with him. I really feel like he likes me, but today we were talking and
dad says go.find a.rich girl lol
Was at family reunion and my dad tells me go find rich chinese girl. He tells me how meighbour wifes side family bought house..the girl is lawyer and
She kissed me while being drunk
So I know this girl as a language exchange partner for about a month... we text and sometimes talk on the phone but are often busy to meet. Today I
Girl I Just Met Going Distant When Texting Her... Happens A Lot... What's Up?
Hey folks, been reading this forum for a while now. Plenty of good stuff on here, so keep it up! I keep running into a problem with girls I meet
So confused with mixed signals, help!
I've been working with this guy for 3 years. He is in a relationship with a girl and I'm in a relationship with a guy. We all work together (except
Featured Threads
Tired of Being His Provider??
Okay so I found this site through Google. This seems like a pretty common topic and I suppose I just need to vent. My husband has been unemployed
Beautiful women who works at lush...
So there is this a girl who works at this place. I've been in there twice now and she is a stunner. Its one of those girls who you have to look twice
Being left for another man by my ex girlfriend
My and my ex gf broke up 7 months ago back in late April. We had bad fights and she stated she was unhappy. She then proceeded to have an active
Wondering?
Ok, I posted before about my situation but I would like to further talk. This woman I became involved with 3 years ago TOLD me she had feelings for
Break up Advice Needed
Hi all, I really need some advice on my recent break up with my girlfriend of almost five years. A few months ago I started to feel unhappy and
She's getting ready for marriage. She thinks that it is what I want. My fault.
So, I am pretty much in a difficult situation. I have been with a girl for the past 4 years. In these 4 years, after a while I realized she really
Venting - Advice...?
Hello, Im a 36 year old male, married with 3 kids. My wife and I are pretty much like roommates. There is zero sex life and its from both ends
Ask For Advice