Ask For Advice

Thread: what does it mean if a girl says your name when she talks to you?

Deejmonster

what does it mean if a girl says your name when she talks to you?

This girl and I have been talking for a while.. Its a long and complicated situation.. we briefly dated but we called it off.. and I am under the assumption that she might be wanting step things up again.. as well as me wanting to also.. I have been looking at certain character traits about her that have become routine.. one thing that ive noticed that not other girl has down was.. when we text or even talk i will catch her saying/typing my name in the sentence every once in a while.. I was wondering why she might be doing this? She has down on all sorts of occasions.

BunnyTee
    Maybe she likes your name? Maybe she's emphasizing that she talking to you? I don't know that there's really any meaning to divine here. Perhaps just asking her will resolve your issue?

I wouldn't worry until she starts calling names that are not your's, though.

IphigeniaSaysHi

Some people just say names when they converse. I am not one of those people. It usually reflects intimacy of some sort.

doiiiieeezie
    Platinum Member
    Same, I usually only mention their name to emphasize emotion based on the topic of conversation, but perhaps she is using to that method of conversation?

ponyboy
    Silver Member
    Or maybe shes been trained by her female friends that it drives guys crazy when you say their names lol.

IGlareOften

I don't use names when I'm talking to males I like..I don't know why. I use them when I initially text someone like.;.." Ammmmmmmmmy" but after that..I tend to just talk to them. Plus, I'm the type to nick name people. So, I tend to use the nick names

Fudgie
    I always use people's names, male OR female, when I converse with them. It's personal habit I guess. It doesn't mean that I am romantically attached to them.

Cheetarah
    Platinum Member

I use a person's name in conversation. Everyone from family to my clients. To me, it adds a personal touch.

intolerable
    I use names too, not a big deal to me.

Cognitive_Canine
    Platinum Member Cognitive_Canine's Avatar
    I use names if I particularly like saying the name.

"Eliott" "Alexander" "Jacque"

But, I think you're looking too into it.

Top Threads
Is being straightforward a good thing or bad?
This girl I like cancelled again. Iím a bit annoyed at this point. But hereís my question is it needy or just pathetic for me to just flat out ask
She cancelled. What should I do?
I feel like Iím hurting myself at this point. She is just playing some stupid game and honestly itís getting to me cause I like her. Do I have the
Sexual Tension or NOT?!?
Hello everyone. First time poster here. So, I recently started a new job. At this new job I have some co-workers. One of which is a female. She is
Says she's going on a date - advice needed!
I recently met a girl on my university course who I've been talking to for four or five weeks via Facebook/Snapchat and of course in class. We have a
I need help!! I dont know what to do!
HI, my name's Jhon, I'm 17 and I go to Highschool. Since my first day in highschool I fell in love with a girl that was in my class (here in Italy
Finally met a friend who Iíve known online for 3 and a half years
Hey all, So Iím 23. When I was 19, I met a girl online and we got on really well. She lives 100 miles away so itís not too far. Texted all the
Why did she even call me?
I move on from this girl and say, hey if she doesnít respect my time enough to stop playing games then Iím done. A couple days later she calls and
Featured Threads
What eNotAlone gave you?
I wonder mostly about long-time members who decided to be a part of this community. Has this forum enriched your lives, and if so, in what
How to end things with him
Iíve been dating this guy for 2 months. In the beginning he was very sweet and romantic, however I learned in the last month or so that he is
My ex bf told me he wants sex, nudes and me to loan him money until he's stable... Should I lend $?
Hello.. I am 22 I met my ex bf (21) 3 years ago in college. He dropped out of college after the first semester.. he didn't go to finals. He stayed in
How Should I have handled it?
My GF and I were together for about 5 months. Things were great except for some of my questioning her online activity which challenged her. All
My Ex Husband still berates me
Hello, first off I am not sure why I am on a forum but.. I need an anonymous outlet I guess because my friends and family all say the same thing
Yall ready for a messed up one...
Okay, so i cheated on my bf about 6 month ms into our relationship with a guy 20 years older then me at our work. And it was a rule that it was only
Iím at a really bad state of mind right now
Itís been a little over the month since the breakup, since then, heís messaged me 2-3 times about random topics (that I donít care about), and has
Ask For Advice