Ask For Advice

Thread: what does it mean if a girl says your name when she talks to you?

Deejmonster

what does it mean if a girl says your name when she talks to you?

This girl and I have been talking for a while.. Its a long and complicated situation.. we briefly dated but we called it off.. and I am under the assumption that she might be wanting step things up again.. as well as me wanting to also.. I have been looking at certain character traits about her that have become routine.. one thing that ive noticed that not other girl has down was.. when we text or even talk i will catch her saying/typing my name in the sentence every once in a while.. I was wondering why she might be doing this? She has down on all sorts of occasions.

BunnyTee
    Maybe she likes your name? Maybe she's emphasizing that she talking to you? I don't know that there's really any meaning to divine here. Perhaps just asking her will resolve your issue?

I wouldn't worry until she starts calling names that are not your's, though.

IphigeniaSaysHi

Some people just say names when they converse. I am not one of those people. It usually reflects intimacy of some sort.

doiiiieeezie
    Platinum Member
    Same, I usually only mention their name to emphasize emotion based on the topic of conversation, but perhaps she is using to that method of conversation?

ponyboy
    Silver Member
    Or maybe shes been trained by her female friends that it drives guys crazy when you say their names lol.

IGlareOften

I don't use names when I'm talking to males I like..I don't know why. I use them when I initially text someone like.;.." Ammmmmmmmmy" but after that..I tend to just talk to them. Plus, I'm the type to nick name people. So, I tend to use the nick names

Fudgie
    I always use people's names, male OR female, when I converse with them. It's personal habit I guess. It doesn't mean that I am romantically attached to them.

Cheetarah
    Platinum Member

I use a person's name in conversation. Everyone from family to my clients. To me, it adds a personal touch.

intolerable
    I use names too, not a big deal to me.

Cognitive_Canine
    Platinum Member Cognitive_Canine's Avatar
    I use names if I particularly like saying the name.

"Eliott" "Alexander" "Jacque"

But, I think you're looking too into it.

Top Threads
Ready to date the ugly guy?
Hi, I am actually a little shy about asking this question because Im scared Im going to come across as too vain but I really need some
Ok, what's going on here
So there's this younger guy at work. I admit i find him attractive and intelligent but i know he's like 5 years younger than me so i consider him a
Attraction or no?
This is puzzling so I'll ask it: If a girl tells you she feeds off your vibes at work to get her through the day, is it flirting?
My crush wanna only Freindship
One month ago I met this lady older than 10 years to me. She initially talk to me about her ex breakup which is so painful to her. I was listening
Strange behaviour
There's this girl I met through work. She's really cute and I wanted to get to know her better so I started talking to her, and in the end we even
Mutually attracted to coworker who is in a relationship
So I recently started working at a new place (we switch work places every six months as resident doctors in a hospital) and there is this lesbian
he has a girlfriend but we flirt?
So me and this guy i like grew up as acquaintances as kids but in the last year became really close, and when we got really close, we ended up
Featured Threads
Dating younger guy 24 years difference
I am 50 yrs old dating a 26 yrs old guy. We been dating each other for a couple months things are great between us. He told me he will always be
Boyfriend gets very angry if I mention his ex, is this normal?
Hi everyone! My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost 5months. He broke up with his ex and a year and a half ago. 7 months after they
Should I let my boyfriend stay overnight with his friends?
Hi there. Firstly thank you for reading this post. I am a new member to this forum, and also will soon be new immigrant of the UK so basically there
Is this abuse?
Im desperate for some advice. Ive been with my partner for nearly 2 years and everything has been ok, except from when he drinks. I really do not
Is there hope for me?
Me and my girlfriend of two years had been talking about moving in together lately. We didn't actually go look at any place in person, but browsed a
Bringing up trust issues at the start of a new relationship? My situation...
Haven't been on these boards since my last break up a couple years ago, and here I am about to begin a new relationship with feelings from the last
Whats my next move - Dating a girl fresh out of a relationship
Hey guys, So heres the deal. Met a girl in class and I asked her out. Her answer was "maybe" because she didn't want to say no to me but just
Ask For Advice