Ask For Advice

Thread: what does it mean if a girl says your name when she talks to you?

Deejmonster

what does it mean if a girl says your name when she talks to you?

This girl and I have been talking for a while.. Its a long and complicated situation.. we briefly dated but we called it off.. and I am under the assumption that she might be wanting step things up again.. as well as me wanting to also.. I have been looking at certain character traits about her that have become routine.. one thing that ive noticed that not other girl has down was.. when we text or even talk i will catch her saying/typing my name in the sentence every once in a while.. I was wondering why she might be doing this? She has down on all sorts of occasions.

BunnyTee
    Maybe she likes your name? Maybe she's emphasizing that she talking to you? I don't know that there's really any meaning to divine here. Perhaps just asking her will resolve your issue?

I wouldn't worry until she starts calling names that are not your's, though.

IphigeniaSaysHi

Some people just say names when they converse. I am not one of those people. It usually reflects intimacy of some sort.

doiiiieeezie
    Platinum Member
    Same, I usually only mention their name to emphasize emotion based on the topic of conversation, but perhaps she is using to that method of conversation?

ponyboy
    Silver Member
    Or maybe shes been trained by her female friends that it drives guys crazy when you say their names lol.

IGlareOften

I don't use names when I'm talking to males I like..I don't know why. I use them when I initially text someone like.;.." Ammmmmmmmmy" but after that..I tend to just talk to them. Plus, I'm the type to nick name people. So, I tend to use the nick names

Fudgie
    Forum Supporter
    I always use people's names, male OR female, when I converse with them. It's personal habit I guess. It doesn't mean that I am romantically attached to them.

Cheetarah
    Forum Supporter

I use a person's name in conversation. Everyone from family to my clients. To me, it adds a personal touch.

intolerable
    I use names too, not a big deal to me.

Cognitive_Canine
    Platinum Member Cognitive_Canine's Avatar
    I use names if I particularly like saying the name.

"Eliott" "Alexander" "Jacque"

But, I think you're looking too into it.

Top Threads
20 year old wanting an older man
I'm 20 years old and I recently got a job that I will start next August. There is a 30 year old man that works there that I am attracted to. I want
I did it, Instant regret
So Im here again, because I decided to heed no warning. I wrote a love letter to my crush, her response was a rejection. Thats fine it could have
what possesed me to do that??
Why is flirting so complicated? no luck if you do or don't. I told my crush how I felt, now its painfully awkward. I cant take it, too awkward. All I
Met anew amazing woman/single mother who doesn't have much free time
Met the most amazing woman a couple months ago at my nieces baseball game. From the moment we saw each other we both turned into ""....lol After
This is very frustrating!
A little introduction I am a 20 year old guy, I am handsome, open and a fun guy to be around. So I started following that girl on instagram (lets
Feeling lead on?
Hey guys, So about 5 months ago I met this girl at work. We are both lesbians, in our mid twenties. We got along right off the bat. Started
Am I reading too much into this?
I'm going to try to make this as short as possible, but there's a lot of info here, so I apologize for that in advance. I am a late 20-something
Featured Threads
After 3 date ...nice mam but stingy .what to do
Dear all...Please share your thoughts...Just returned from 3rd date with a guy I met on line. As you may know from my previous thread...we met for a
Lack of experiences possibly affect Relationships?
I've been thinking lately about whether someone might be 'lacking' in some ways because of their own lack in 'experience' in their Life.... Eg. I
Being Called A Liar When You Aren't...
Is it reason to get angry, when your being called a liar and accused of stuff when it isn't true. Conversation was about sex, i went about 2 or 3
Left me on our two year anniversary
Here's the thing.... I am well aware of the dusfunction that was my relationship. I'm well aware that I've only been making myself suffer. I am also
Reconciliation
Iíve seen an awful lot of posts about reconciliation lately and why you should never go back to an ex because they dumped you and they are evil
Why would the girl in dating tell me this??
We haven't been dating long so we're not exclusive. Slept over at hers a few times. Anyway today she was messaging me telling me how she is really
started antidepressants....
Hi all, So first time in my life I started antidepressants yesterday, after visiting a doctor. The reason for feeling this way is recent breakup
Ask For Advice