Ask For Advice

Thread: what does it mean if a girl says your name when she talks to you?

Deejmonster

what does it mean if a girl says your name when she talks to you?

This girl and I have been talking for a while.. Its a long and complicated situation.. we briefly dated but we called it off.. and I am under the assumption that she might be wanting step things up again.. as well as me wanting to also.. I have been looking at certain character traits about her that have become routine.. one thing that ive noticed that not other girl has down was.. when we text or even talk i will catch her saying/typing my name in the sentence every once in a while.. I was wondering why she might be doing this? She has down on all sorts of occasions.

BunnyTee
    Maybe she likes your name? Maybe she's emphasizing that she talking to you? I don't know that there's really any meaning to divine here. Perhaps just asking her will resolve your issue?

I wouldn't worry until she starts calling names that are not your's, though.

IphigeniaSaysHi

Some people just say names when they converse. I am not one of those people. It usually reflects intimacy of some sort.

doiiiieeezie
    Platinum Member
    Same, I usually only mention their name to emphasize emotion based on the topic of conversation, but perhaps she is using to that method of conversation?

ponyboy
    Silver Member
    Or maybe shes been trained by her female friends that it drives guys crazy when you say their names lol.

IGlareOften

I don't use names when I'm talking to males I like..I don't know why. I use them when I initially text someone like.;.." Ammmmmmmmmy" but after that..I tend to just talk to them. Plus, I'm the type to nick name people. So, I tend to use the nick names

Fudgie
    I always use people's names, male OR female, when I converse with them. It's personal habit I guess. It doesn't mean that I am romantically attached to them.

Cheetarah

I use a person's name in conversation. Everyone from family to my clients. To me, it adds a personal touch.

intolerable
    I use names too, not a big deal to me.

Cognitive_Canine
    Platinum Member Cognitive_Canine's Avatar
    I use names if I particularly like saying the name.

"Eliott" "Alexander" "Jacque"

But, I think you're looking too into it.

Top Threads
Mutual Attraction - Does it Exist?
I've toyed with online dating and real-life dating for years now. I find that mutual attraction is so exceedingly rare, that it makes me wonder
hello new here and have a very unique situation
I just want to say HI and share a situation that I need help with desperately. So I will start off. I am a 37 yr old male, healthy and fit. I own
Does my professor have feelings for me? I like him...
I’m 22 and I have a huge crush on my English professor at college. He's about 30, and I'm pretty sure he's single (due to Facebook stalking....) I
No response anymore?
So I came to the forum a few days ago about how I was comparing myself to this girls ex and feeling self doubt. We continued talking and it was
Utterly confused....
So this woman and I began talking and flirting back in June....we were both involved with other people but kept it light and playful....we ended up
A bit of a flirtation
This guy at church I've learned is a greeter, but he makes it a point to come up and speak to me. One time I blushed in his presence because he's
Loss of interest?
My friend has met a man online (facebook) and they have been chatting for a few weeks. She is currently away for work (he knows this) and he has
Featured Threads
How should I proceed?
I have financially supported my wife for the first 10 years of our marriage. I paid for everything (including her student loan from college) while
Was it rape if it wasn't violent?
Okay, I've never posted this on a forum or anywhere before so it's a little uncomfortable for me but bear with me. I met a guy two years ago that
Not sure what to make of this
So my boyfriend, 28, and I (26) have been together a year and a half now. My boyfriend, "Brett", used to be a member of this site called 'Suicide
Was He Cheating?
I need some advice. I have been with my bf for 2.5 years. I recently went through his phone which I never do but I had a bad feeling. He's been
My mother is snooping into my relationship
I know I posted about how my boyfriend came out as a bisexual after three years of dating right before he wanted to propose. And if some of you don't
hello new here and have a very unique situation
I just want to say HI and share a situation that I need help with desperately. So I will start off. I am a 37 yr old male, healthy and fit. I own
Do I leave my secure relationship for my soulmate?
So I've been with my fiancé for about 6 years and engaged half that. I've also been friends with a coworker of his for those 6 years. Only about a
Ask For Advice