Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 54

Thread: FWB with an Older Woman

  1. #11
    Miss Firecracker
    Platinum Member Miss Firecracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    8,528
    Gender
    Female
    Thanked
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by adonis_boy [Register to see the link]
    I met this woman who is 20 years older than me on Facebook. (I am 20.) We messaged back and forth and I discovered that she lives at a city I visit regularly every summer. I told her this and she said "We can hang out together and discover some new places! =)".

    I haven't replied to her yet. I do not know if her message implies something more than hanging out but I would like to make known that what I want is more than just hanging out, basically a fwb type of relationship. How can I test the waters without directly asking her and scaring her away? Should I do this on Facebook or wait for the moment until we hang out? What are your ideas?
    I would wait until you meet. You will likely scare her off if you start with that on the phone. Most likely she is telling herself you will just meet and tour the town. If she likes the way you look and smell in person, you're in! It's so simple, just don't blow it by saying something on the phone or in e-mail about sex if you WANT sex.

  2. #12
    Blue Spiral
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    38
    Posts
    3,619
    Gender
    Male
    Thanked
    287
    In my experience, older (not old!) women tend to be more direct. When they've told me they wanted to hang out, they meant they wanted to have sex.

    I wouldn't suggest verbalizing it--let the subtext remain subtext. Just see what happens.

  3. #13
    Miss Firecracker
    Platinum Member Miss Firecracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    8,528
    Gender
    Female
    Thanked
    36
    She wouldn't want to tell you she wants sex because right now she doesn't know. All women want sex, but she can't choose to feel chemistry. It may happen and may not.

  4. #14
    surfNski
    Gold Member surfNski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hawaii
    Age
    39
    Posts
    593
    Gender
    Male
    I dont know this woman and really either do you. She may want to get something going with you but she also may just want to flirt and have some company. I have known a few women who use the fact that you want to get them into bed to just have some fun company.
    Either way direct approach...bad idea.

  5. #15
    adonis_boy
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    136
    Gender
    Male
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus [Register to see the link]
    Two approaches:
    1) Just come out and tell her what you are looking for
    2) go into standard flirting mode, and work your way up to it

    I'd suggest #2 has a better chance of success than #1, but it depends on the woman. How long have you been exchanging messages with her?
    Well, it has been like a week and it has been a total of 6 messages back and forth. It all started when I messaged her requesting her profile pic that I liked (which is not a pic of herself but a random pic from internet). She was very gentle and eager to send it to me and she sent some more I might be interested in. Then I sent her some I have. I added her as a friend and I had the chance to see real her. Then it came to the topic where we are at now.

  6. #16
    Batya33
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    42,645
    Thanked
    2809
    Would you be interested in meeting her if all she wants is to make a new friend, no romance?

  7. #17
    adonis_boy
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    136
    Gender
    Male
    Quote Originally Posted by Batya33 [Register to see the link]
    Would you be interested in meeting her if all she wants is to make a new friend, no romance?
    To be honest, my priority here is enjoying sex since it will be a totally new experience for me and I would like to see my chances it if it is there. If this is not she wants, then I see no reason in not being friends with her.

    However, if she wants a long-term relationship, it's a no-no. I will be visiting her city only once in a year and I can't seem to find a logical purpose in pursuing a LDR with this lady when I will be starting my masters education in another country, in a few months. This is a decision I have set in my mind for all the women I will be seeing before going for study abroad, not only her.

  8. #18
    Batya33
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    42,645
    Thanked
    2809
    Quote Originally Posted by adonis_boy [Register to see the link]
    To be honest, my priority here is enjoying sex since it will be a totally new experience for me and I would like to see my chances it if it is there. If this is not she wants, then I see no reason in not being friends with her.

    However, if she wants a long-term relationship, it's a no-no. I will be visiting her city only once in a year and I can't seem to find a logical purpose in pursuing a LDR with this lady when I will be starting my masters education in another country, in a few months. This is a decision I have set in my mind for all the women I will be seeing before going for study abroad, not only her.
    So, you would be interested in being friends but if she definitely is just looking for a friendship it would be a waste of your time to meet her, right? Then I would be honest with her about your intentions so that you dont' waste her time. And, of course, discuss with her what she would do if a pregnancy resulted (even if you use protection), since it sounds like you want to be able to have a quick fling with her, no strings attached.

  9. #19
    adonis_boy
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    136
    Gender
    Male
    Quote Originally Posted by Batya33 [Register to see the link]
    So, you would be interested in being friends but if she definitely is just looking for a friendship it would be a waste of your time to meet her, right? Then I would be honest with her about your intentions so that you dont' waste her time. And, of course, discuss with her what she would do if a pregnancy resulted (even if you use protection), since it sounds like you want to be able to have a quick fling with her, no strings attached.
    So you are saying that I should directly ask her "Do you want to have sex with me?", did I get it right?

  10. #20
    Batya33
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    42,645
    Thanked
    2809
    Quote Originally Posted by adonis_boy [Register to see the link]
    So you are saying that I should directly ask her "Do you want to have sex with me?", did I get it right?
    I think you can convey the same message by saying something like "I'm really interested in meeting you and hanging out with you but I'm really not looking to make new friends or to find a serious girlfriend -- I'm hoping we can meet up, have some fun, and go with the flow"

  11.  

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Top Threads
Little sis meeting big half-bro
After years and much money spent, my big half bro found me! I was looking for my birth father all this time, and my bro was looking for me. I didn't
22 years age gap - I need advices and opinions
Hello! I would like to apologize for my grammar in advance, English is not my native language, but I try to do my best... I have - or correctly

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Completely Confused? What does this mean?
Hi All- I was dating a guy for almost a year. We had a pretty great relationship- Things got serious. We told each other we loved each other. Even
Boyfriend told me he couldn't afford holiday, next day books one to Thailand
Basically my boyfriend of 6 months is $40k in debt (I'm debt-free). We had talked about going to Vietnam and he said he needed 6 months to save up
Not a regular here, I have a few questions...
I'll try to make this brief. Been in a relationship (23F) with a man (35) for 5 years. Typical in the beginning, though I always wondered how he
Weed or Me
Hi, I have been dating my boyfriend for a few months - he is 31 and I am 24. He has recently started smoking weed every night and I don't really
Is He Hiding from Me?
Hi All, Need some advice from those that are familiar with social media apps such as Instagram.. I'v been friends with this guy for about a
Red flag in friendship
I've been through a terrible first break up and was in a lot of pain. I was physically and mentally sick due to the stress of the break up but I'm
I broke hard NC after 7 months (B I G M I S T A K E)
No surprise, I'm absolutely devastated. She pretty much blew me off like I was a piece of trash. At first I was happy because she actually responded
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •