I'm pissed that my crush is ignoring me all of the sudden.

oneshygal

Over the past few weeks since we met there have been tons of glances exchanged and heads turning to watch one another walk by. He is super outgoing with everyone else but will walk to the back of the room if I come into his circle.

I can feel him staring at me sometimes but he turns his head in a flash if i look his way. If I smile at him while walking past him he makes the strangest faces. His eyebrows rise up sharply and he gives me an awkward crooked smile. If he has to come into my area he will wait until someone is there talking to me which obviously means he doesn't want to be caught alone with me. However, the other day he was headed towards the escalators when he saw me and i waved at him. He quickly rerouted to come join me in the elevator. When I ask him a question to make small talk, he will give short answers and never ask anything in return.

But for the past few days he is ignoring me completely. No eye contact, no "hello's", no basic acknowledgement of my existence. Then once he turns the corner he is back to being himself and joking around with people.

I feel like I'm crazy trying to decipher his actions. Can anyone here set me straight?

Thanks!

It's always hard to imagine what looks and those kinds of things mean. Why not strike up some more conversation with him? If you're interested, show it with actions...not just looks/winks/smiles and hopefully he'll follow suit if he's interested too.

The most outgoing of males still get tongue-tied around a pretty lady. I wouldn't be surprised if he's even just a little interested in you considering what you've said about the way he acts (raised brows, looking away when you catch him staring, awkwardly avoiding you?).

I've found that trying to read a man's mind is just as ineffective as men trying to read ours. Mind-reading just doesn't work, sadly. In fact, it just drives us nuts. Try not to think too hard about it. While I don't think you should hover around him, I think you should just continue with your attempts to casually get to know him and maybe something will come to light. If he continues to run away, though, you'll have to make a choice: either a bold move on your part, or move on.

Good luck and let us know!

He might be just shy, or he might has a wife or girlfriend at home and caught himself just in time. You never know.

I would say if he is interested he would have said hello or at least still smile, acknowledge you.

Not even noticing you at all anymore just out of the blue makes me think he is tight up. This is the way guys get all of a sudden.

What exactly have you done to express interest? At this point I'm not sure why you'd expect him to give you the light of day, really. It's possible he has no idea you're interested in him that way.

What would you interpret as showing interest?

If she's too shy to say anything how could she put it accross in a way that he can't mistake?

This would be a huge help to all of us girls if you had any suggestions

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, that sounds exactly like the guy that I was crushing on what he would do. Only we started dating for a while, but then he just totally started avoiding me or not caring I was gravitating near him. And this guy would turn bright red whenever I talked to him, so that's how I knew he was shy.

• 1 year later...

Archived