my mum has disowned me! Im not sure what to feel

cassandra

OK short history my mum and I used to be best friends until I met my bf. I split up from him 2 days ago and we have talked about getting back together. I told my mum she said if I go back to him she will never speak to me again and wants nothing to do with me. Honestly I'm not sure how I feel... Im disappoint in her selfishness.. You cant help who you love and yes the relationship hasnt been the best as I deal with severe depression and take it out on my bf/ex what ever you want to call him. I havent said I was going back but it feels like she has left me no option.

What would you do if you were in my situation or what have you done?

Please help!!!!!!!!

You're 26. She can't make that decision for you. There has to be a good reason she feels so strongly. Or maybe it's just a difference in beliefs for you. My husband isn't Christian and my mom thinks he's less of a person for that and it's hurt our relationship, but that's such a dumb reason and I know she'll get over it.

Is this something your mom will get over?

It is likely that if you do reconcile with your ex she will change her mind. Remember that her view of him is heavily influenced by what you told her of the break-up in the first place and you will need to fix that.

she has never liked him. She hates the fact he has kids from a previous relationship she hates the fact I moved out of home. Everytime I ask her what her reasons are she says it doesnt matter. I havent bad mouthed him as it was a mutual split due to us needing time to work out what we want...

Archived