Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why do guys say they want to be just friends...after a breakup

Lol:)

Why do guys say they want to be just friends...after a breakup

Okay i'm just curious because i've asked some people and their responses were basically they want to keep that contact for "sex" so they can hook up every now and then. My sitiuation: an ex said he "just wants to be friends for right now." If those statements are half true i dont know how that applies to me because we never had sex...so im just curious why do you all think guys OR girls say they just want to be friends after they just broke up with you?

littlestar
    Sometimes people like having their exes around as it makes the break up somewhat easier, as if they havent lost them completely, if that makes sense?

Or they want to keep you on the back burner so they can reconcile in future if they want to.

its just funny to me because they'll say they want to be friends but then they stop contacting you

littlestar
    maybe after they say it they figure it isnt the most clever idea, men can be weird things to understand lol

Yea they say the opposite of what they really mean half the time lol

SpeedingCars
    Sometimes it's to soften the blow and so they don't feel as guilty for breaking up with you. It's always nicer to say "Let's be friends".

JusticeLaw9
    Quote Originally Posted by Lol:) [Register to see the link]
    Okay i'm just curious because i've asked some people and their responses were basically they want to keep that contact for "sex" so they can hook up every now and then. My sitiuation: an ex said he "just wants to be friends for right now." If those statements are half true i dont know how that applies to me because we never had sex...so im just curious why do you all think guys OR girls say they just want to be friends after they just broke up with you?
    Most cases it is for sex, but again, that's not everybody. In your case considering that you haven't had sex before, maybe he really wants to be friends. Why the breakup?

glucoze
    They want you as a back-up plan.

In the Dark
    There are a fair few reasons.
    Guilt would be a number one for me.
    I wouldn't want them hurting but in the end....
    Regardless if they are your friend or not they are going to hurt once they see you smiling and laughing with another partner.

It doesn't soften the blow of the break up but delays the impact of feeling the hurt when they start a new relationship.

Another reason could be, they are wanting you there because they know that you are into them still but they have found greener pastures to play in but just in case they find the pasture has poison ivy they can come back to you.

The only other reason could be that they really just want to be friends with you.

But even then, they should know that would be inconsiderate as they WILL be with someone else.

He said it wasnt a good time because he just lost someone close and that he wasnt go to be there( in my hometown he was going start living back in his hometown but still going to the same school)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Top Threads
Ex keeps looking at my instagram
Hey, So me and my ex broke up about 3 months ago. Since then she has found someone new (who she started dating very soon after my break up). I
Really messed up
Ugh. I hate myself My ex and I broke up in March due to distance however now distance isn't an issue due to unforeseen circumstances. He however
He's still emotionally hooked on his ex
My boyfriend of 2 years is still in close contact with his ex. At first I was ok with it until I eventually asked for more info. He told me they go
Confused by my feeling for my ex and my current relationship status. Can anyone
Hello, I hope somebody can help me out. Two years ago i left my ex for a guy that now i am married with ( not really happily married we are in a
exgirlfriend deleted my whatsapp
we still talk but she deleted me on whatsapp, the picture wont appear. So i cant see her picture but she can see mines. We talk every 3rd or fourth
Break up Advice Needed
Hi all, I really need some advice on my recent break up with my girlfriend of almost five years. A few months ago I started to feel unhappy and
On again-off again relationship for over 2 years, should I move away?
I have spoken to family and friends about this and I'm getting conflicting replies so I'm turning to here because I really need to make a
Featured Threads
Tired of Being His Provider??
Okay so I found this site through Google. This seems like a pretty common topic and I suppose I just need to vent. My husband has been unemployed
Beautiful women who works at lush...
So there is this a girl who works at this place. I've been in there twice now and she is a stunner. Its one of those girls who you have to look twice
Being left for another man by my ex girlfriend
My and my ex gf broke up 7 months ago back in late April. We had bad fights and she stated she was unhappy. She then proceeded to have an active
Wondering?
Ok, I posted before about my situation but I would like to further talk. This woman I became involved with 3 years ago TOLD me she had feelings for
Break up Advice Needed
Hi all, I really need some advice on my recent break up with my girlfriend of almost five years. A few months ago I started to feel unhappy and
She's getting ready for marriage. She thinks that it is what I want. My fault.
So, I am pretty much in a difficult situation. I have been with a girl for the past 4 years. In these 4 years, after a while I realized she really
Venting - Advice...?
Hello, Im a 36 year old male, married with 3 kids. My wife and I are pretty much like roommates. There is zero sex life and its from both ends
Ask For Advice