Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why do guys say they want to be just friends...after a breakup

Lol:)

Why do guys say they want to be just friends...after a breakup

Okay i'm just curious because i've asked some people and their responses were basically they want to keep that contact for "sex" so they can hook up every now and then. My sitiuation: an ex said he "just wants to be friends for right now." If those statements are half true i dont know how that applies to me because we never had sex...so im just curious why do you all think guys OR girls say they just want to be friends after they just broke up with you?

littlestar
    Sometimes people like having their exes around as it makes the break up somewhat easier, as if they havent lost them completely, if that makes sense?

Or they want to keep you on the back burner so they can reconcile in future if they want to.

its just funny to me because they'll say they want to be friends but then they stop contacting you

littlestar
    maybe after they say it they figure it isnt the most clever idea, men can be weird things to understand lol

Yea they say the opposite of what they really mean half the time lol

SpeedingCars
    Sometimes it's to soften the blow and so they don't feel as guilty for breaking up with you. It's always nicer to say "Let's be friends".

JusticeLaw9
    Quote Originally Posted by Lol:) [Register to see the link]
    Okay i'm just curious because i've asked some people and their responses were basically they want to keep that contact for "sex" so they can hook up every now and then. My sitiuation: an ex said he "just wants to be friends for right now." If those statements are half true i dont know how that applies to me because we never had sex...so im just curious why do you all think guys OR girls say they just want to be friends after they just broke up with you?
    Most cases it is for sex, but again, that's not everybody. In your case considering that you haven't had sex before, maybe he really wants to be friends. Why the breakup?

glucoze
    They want you as a back-up plan.

In the Dark
    There are a fair few reasons.
    Guilt would be a number one for me.
    I wouldn't want them hurting but in the end....
    Regardless if they are your friend or not they are going to hurt once they see you smiling and laughing with another partner.

It doesn't soften the blow of the break up but delays the impact of feeling the hurt when they start a new relationship.

Another reason could be, they are wanting you there because they know that you are into them still but they have found greener pastures to play in but just in case they find the pasture has poison ivy they can come back to you.

The only other reason could be that they really just want to be friends with you.

But even then, they should know that would be inconsiderate as they WILL be with someone else.

He said it wasnt a good time because he just lost someone close and that he wasnt go to be there( in my hometown he was going start living back in his hometown but still going to the same school)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Top Threads
Help!!!!! I want my ex back but I cheated!
I've been in relationship with this guy for 3 years now, and through that time we had our ups and downs. One of them, was his anger. Whenever he
Ex and Adult Hook Up Website Question
Hello there, I have a silly question that I probably know the answer to already, but I thought I'd post just to see others opinions. I ended
Gf meets ex
Guys, my gf wrote this msg to her ex (eventhough she says she never dated him? She did tell me after meeting him that they met, but not these
Update and rant on ‘Should I ask my ex if shes is OK?’
So this is an update on a post I made yesterday regarding asking my ex if she was ok. Quick overview – we have been broke up for around three weeks
what does it mean
So after three months of being broken up with, my ex contacted me. Saying that she is moving back into town Temporarily till she's financially stable
Ex is acting weird..
Me and my ex broke up around three weeks ago. We have two children aged two and five. We hadn’t been getting along for a while, and both of us wert
Ex wants to catch up after more than 3 years - wants to meet up for a weekend.
So Im Canadian and my ex is from France. We met in my hometown during uni and went out for about 4 years total. We dealt with some long distance
Featured Threads
Controlling or very opinionated?
Hi, my name is Michael. I came here for some advice on my girlfriend and I's relationship. I am 17 and she is 16 and we've been dating for just shy
Women who prefer/only date younger men
I am dating a woman who is 9 years older than me. However, going after younger guys doesn't appear to be her pattern. In fact, the age difference
Still feels like the first day...
Long long story short.. I'll Coles notes it. I meet the love of my life at a gig I was playing, we ended up not spending a single night apart for
My partner and I have different goals, values, and thinking, should we continue?
My partner and I met a couple years ago when she moved to the city I lived in. We had shared a group of friends but never really knew each other
I'm hurt and not sure what to do ...
So ,this is my first time posting here ,but My mother always said it helps to write things down .So here it goes ! ^^ For a couple of weeks now
Who Am I and What do I Want?
Hi everyone, and thanks for reading this. At the moment I feel like I am having some sort of identity crisis, whilst not knowing what I want for
Is it wrong that I still talk to my ex boyfriend?
My ex boyfriend dumped me last week because he was pressuring me to have sex and I wasn't ready to have sex and he keeps calling and texting me every
Ask For Advice