LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Breaking up" with my Best Friend/Lover...I can't deal with this :(

Bronze Member
    He made out like he was totally sure to begin with that's the problem. I even asked him like 3 weeks in if he could see us going somewhere and he said yes. It's only after that he started backpedalling and getting scared.

Im literally sitting here in tears at my desk. How can a person who claims to have real feelings just switch them off? He must have been lying all along, this hurts so much. How could he do this to me? We have been friends for 10 years he should have chosen another girl to do this to.

He went on about it lasting 6 months and that was longer than anyone else and I mean more than anyone else but its just words with no actions. He's probably real happy with himself that he gets to do what he wants now.

I would never have gotten into this if I knew this was how it all ends. How can I mean so little to everyone. This isnt the first time, its like I don't deserve something good.

Bronze Member
    dating friends is such a bad idea...

Bronze Member
    Men are notorious for switching their feelings on and off. There's a saying by the author who wrote the Venus/Mars book...that women are like waves and men are like rubberband....they get close and then they pull back. I just don't understand how they could tell us they love us one day and the very next day break our heart into a million pieces. My boyfriend of almost 2 years just recently broke up with me 3 weeks ago. He gave me that stupid speech, " Its not you...it's me"...what a stupid cliche. Anyways, I haven't stopped crying since. You say that you rarely cry, that is not healthy. You must cry to heal properly, otherwise you'll just bottle up your feelings and get panic attacks. Good luck!

Bronze Member
    Wow sombrechic..Thanks for your input, I hope you are okay *hugs*...

What you said interests me. I find it extremely difficult to cry and when I do its over trivial things, but I think I suppress things subconsciously, block them out..I don't mean to, but I have actually been suffering extreme anxiety and panic attacks for years and it never crossed my mind for one second that the cause could be an unhealthy control over emotional release.

I really had no idea! I mean I do cry sometimes, but at exterior things like movies. If Im really sad I cry but rarely in front of people I wait until Im on my own, and even then I cant always do it! It's mad...

When I do shed a few tears I usually end up looking at myself in the mirror in a weird state of awe lol..

xxx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice