Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: She cheated on me and we have a child

Butchannon

She cheated on me and we have a child

Hello,

here is my story... I found out about 5 months ago that my girlfriend cheated on me in the beginning of our relationship. I found her chat history on MSN where it was described what she had been doing with boys. She also took her naked pictures and sent them to other boys and she had webcam sex also. We have been together for about 2 years now and we had a beautiful daughter of 8 months old. She had sexual intercourses with a couple of guys for at least 6 months in the beginning of our relationship. I think that this time was even longer. Yes, it is true that we were not seeing each other often but I think that there is no excuse for affairs.

So, after 6 months of dating we move in into appartment which I have rented. I have to drive 5 hours a day to work in both directions because I rented appartment in the city in which she studied. She said that after that time when we moved in she had no more affairs. Then she got pregnant and when the baby was born in September 2009 I took parenting holiday to help her so she could study.

All this time went well till December 2009 when I found out all that stuff. We were at her parents' place that time. I lost my mind, I didn't even knew if the child is mine so I told her to take her things out of our appartment. She took her things and went to her parents then things began to complicate. I came next day when I calmed down to her parents place to solve the problem. But her father said that I have only 10 minutes left to see my child and then I had to go out of their house. He didn't want to listen to me of about his daughter has done to me. The very next day they filled the form for aliments and custody issues. They didn't wanna talk to me at all.

So then I made a paternity test and tnx god the daughter is mine but I can see her for only couple of hours one day a week. When I come to see her every week to their place, nobody wants to talk to me, they ignore me. I tried to apologize but it didn't work, they didn't wan't to reconcile. They said to me that I didn't have to react impulsively and that I should talk to her. But she didn't want to confess her affairs in the beginning even she knew that I had a proof. She confessed a day later.

So, when I am at their place, nobody talks to me except GF and her father who come to me to say hello. Her mother doesn't talk to me at all. My GF wants to reconcile but she is afraid of her parents so she told me to give their parents some time to calm down. We hear each other every day by phone and we are in some sort of relationship each week. But she has started to look for another guys on net again. She said that this is just for fun... But it hurts after all she and her parents have done to me. I can't go back to my work cause my holiday should last till August. So I lost my income... I want to reconcile with all, I have waited for them for 5 months already now, don't know what to do... I think I could forgive her affairs cause I love her and we could start over so our daughter will have both parents... Don't know why they treat me like a junk.. I come to their place every week to see my daughter and I bring her things that she needs... Don't know what to do, now I have feeling that this is all my fault... Don't know why they don't wanna talk to me and solve a problem?

DN

It absolutely is not your fault and you did the right thing in getting a paternity test. Now you should get a lawyer to sort out better visitation rights to your daugher - ask for joint custody.

OptomisticGirl
    Don't apologize to them. You are her father, you weren't the one who cheated. Get a lawyer and sue for joint custody. Do not get back together with her if she is already looking again.

In the Dark
    Pisses me off when parents back up their children even though they are the guilty party.

Just like when you are made to feel bad when it is their fault but this time even their parents are in on it.

I would not take the side of my own child if they were the guilty ones.

NO ONE!
    Should ever be made to feel like they are the ones who ruined the relationship.

For what it's worth you are in the right and they are all in the wrong.

Butchannon
    Do you think there is a possibility her parents will get over it?

Butchannon
    I think that I overreacted

In the Dark
    Some parents will believe their child and or even take their child's side regardless if they are the ones who crapped in the nest or not.

Some will even take their child's side just so their child will not hate them and disown them.

I know for sure ^ is a possibility because I have been through it.

I would not count on her parents taking your favor until you get the opportunity to talk with them rationally.

That's if they will.The only way you can do that is test the waters with them.
    Hear what they have heard then here what they have to say.
    To see if their actions are down to what your ex said or just to take their child's side.

If it's the latter you will not have a chance to explain or negotiate.

No one is able to negotiate with people who do not listen to reason.

Baily
    Silver Member
    You were emotional...so what! When someone cheats on you...that's what the body does....you didn't overreact.

Her meeting guys on the net 'just for fun' right now is garbage....she's out looking for other men.

Her parents will never take your side....they can't...that's their child and their grandchild...if they want to see their grandchild they have to side with her.

Butchannon
    She says now that she wanna future with me and our daughter. That she wanna move in and buy a new car... But I just can't imagine this happens because of her parents' control. I don't think they will accept that.

Butchannon
    Quote Originally Posted by Baily [Register to see the link]

Her parents will never take your side....they can't...that's their child and their grandchild...if they want to see their grandchild they have to side with her.
    But I think they should consider that their grandchild will need a father and it wouldn't be okay if she will have to grow up without father.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Top Threads
help without judgement, please :(
Hi everyone, I'm really opening up here so I'm hoping I won't be judged too much.. At the start of 2013 I began an affair with a married man and I
Definately a weird one - could write a book about it.. please help!
After reading this, i'm hoping someone can help me understand women. This is a weird story, and im left feeling confused. First of all I want to
My ''Married man'' texting back?
Hey guys, i really want advices i don't know what to do.. here the thing.. i met this guy at my first day of work, i immediately had a crush on
I slept with a girl I found out had a boyfriend
Okay.. I'm really unsure on what to do.. last night I went town for my nephews 18th. I took a girl back to my house. I later found out she has a
My wife slept with another man while we were separated, but she denies it
First of all, thanks to anyone who replies with something useful, I appreciate it. I would especially ask for the advice of women, but I will
Married behind my back
Hi All I was dating a guy for an year and things were good but suddenly things started getting weird. He started saying that I bossed around him
I think he's messing around, even though he denies it...is it me?
I've been with my boyfriend 9 years. We had a child a couple months ago, unplanned (I was told I'd never conceive) and he proposed to me last week
Featured Threads
Tired of Being His Provider??
Okay so I found this site through Google. This seems like a pretty common topic and I suppose I just need to vent. My husband has been unemployed
Beautiful women who works at lush...
So there is this a girl who works at this place. I've been in there twice now and she is a stunner. Its one of those girls who you have to look twice
Being left for another man by my ex girlfriend
My and my ex gf broke up 7 months ago back in late April. We had bad fights and she stated she was unhappy. She then proceeded to have an active
Wondering?
Ok, I posted before about my situation but I would like to further talk. This woman I became involved with 3 years ago TOLD me she had feelings for
Break up Advice Needed
Hi all, I really need some advice on my recent break up with my girlfriend of almost five years. A few months ago I started to feel unhappy and
She's getting ready for marriage. She thinks that it is what I want. My fault.
So, I am pretty much in a difficult situation. I have been with a girl for the past 4 years. In these 4 years, after a while I realized she really
Venting - Advice...?
Hello, Im a 36 year old male, married with 3 kids. My wife and I are pretty much like roommates. There is zero sex life and its from both ends
Ask For Advice