Parents.......

15old

I'm 15 years old. I'm one of 5 children. My oldest sister just graduated from high school, my youngest sibling is 4. Im stuck in between and never get positive attention or reinforcement from my parents or siblings. I am in debt with Bill Me Later as my dad said I could buy something for my graduating sister as long as it was under $700. It was a lot of money, but I sell books online and offline with book dealers. My Dad is always nagging, calling me an , idiot, stupid, etc.... He's making me pay him back after he SAID I could get something for my sister and he would pay for it. I thought, ok, ill pay you back. BUT, then he PREVENTS me from making money!!!!! He always says that I need to make money, that im worthless and lazy. I have paid him back $200 in ONE MONTH for a $500 purchase. I have a few rare books I found for ONLY 10 CENTS at a library sale that are worth at least $740!!! But, i need to be taken to a used book store to sell them. I've been waiting for 3 months and still haven't been taken!!! He always says he's busy, or that he doesn't want to deal with it "right now". But, after he says that he turns around and floats in the pool or goes shopping for himself. !!!??!!! Im in debt,I need to make money, hes Wanting his money, BUT HE WONT LET ME MAKE MONEY!! My mom is always treating me like im 3 years old. When I was little i was really hyper. My mom wont let me drink red kool- aid because she tells me it makes me too hyper! Im turing 16 in September!!! Both of them are always complaining about my grades. I work my butt off in school. My report card is:

English-A

Math-C

History-A

Driver's ED- A

Biology-A

German-B

I come home excited thinking they will be proud of my grades, but he looks at me and says- you should have tried harder. You dont get scholarships with B's and C's. I don't think I did too bad considering I lost my uncle, dog, and my grandma is diagnosed to Cancer. All Within 3 months!!!! Whenever my siblings and parents are swimming in the pool, they make me cut the grass. I cut an acre, yes, an acre with a push mower. We live in an upscale neighborhood. Every one at my school (Public high school) complain about not getting money to go to the mall and they say they hate their lives because they cant get new clothes and other . I work my behind off to get $5.00 each month. I just can't take it anymore. My parents never buy me things, while the rest of my sisters and brothers are at the mall 24/7 and they dont even work. I get yelled at if i even ask for a value meal at mcdonalds because- How dare I ask to eat out. They say they dont have to give me any money i make because I owe them for raising me and feeding me. !!!???!!!!!

Has the book store committed to paying the $740 already, or are you just assuming they will?

If they've committed to the sale, borrow 30 bucks for a taxi, bring the books there yourself, collect the money, pay Dad back. Done.

It doesn't sound as though your Dad is going to wake up one day and suddenly be nice to you. Unfortunately, some of us don't have good parents, but WE get to decide whether this messes us up, or just makes us smarter.

In your case, I vote smarter.

Write back and let us know how it goes.

Archived