Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need grand gesture ideas

lostinyou

Need grand gesture ideas

Need some 'Grand Gesture' ideas, ive been apathetic and nonchalant for too long and have lost her. i need her to realise im serious and that she is nothing less than beautiful in my eyes.

she was the dumper but im sure its my apathy that has caused this

any ideas gratefully received

and do you think she will respond? if you are female would you?

metrogirl
    Did you not feel this way when you were with her?

What caused her to end things with you?

lostinyou

ToF
    I would not put all my faith in some "grand gesture". I think it's a sweet thought, but ultimately things like this end up being too little, too late.

EDIT: I just read your background story. I'm sorry, but it really does sound as if she's done. To be honest, I would be too.

lostinyou
    basically ive been a div, i think it must have seemed like i took her for granted. I never got the chance to tell her i love her and really start a 'proper' relationship and now i regret it.

im willing to give her time, she would need to know ive realised for anything to start rekindling and not just for the short term. im not gonna stalk her though at the end of the day she has to come back on her own accord. but im just hoping that there is that slim chance of reconcilliation and that she hasnt given up completely
    Last edited by lostinyou; 05-12-2010 at 02:57 PM.

ToF
    Quote Originally Posted by lostinyou [Register to see the link]
    basically ive been a div, i think it must have seemed like i took her for granted. I never got the chance to tell her i love her and really start a 'proper' relationship and now i regret it.
    I'm sorry It happens sometimes.

Don't spend your time regretting it though. Fill your time with other things, other thoughts, other people, and you'll feel better eventually. You said your piece to her. She knows how you feel, and she did not accept it. So just leave it at that for now.

lostinyou
    how has she not accepted it? she moved out and went back to her mums for a week?

she responded to the gifts ok? didnt she?

she may just need time to sort her head out so i am leaving it at that, she comes back next week (but staying elsewhere) so i hope she wants to at least get a coffee. she is worth it
    Last edited by lostinyou; 05-12-2010 at 03:11 PM.

ToF
    Quote Originally Posted by lostinyou [Register to see the link]
    how has she not accepted it? she moved out and went back to her mums for a week?

she responded to the gifts ok? didnt she?

she may just need time to sort her head out so i am leaving it at that, she comes back next week (but staying elsewhere) so i hope she wants to at least get a coffee. she is worth it
    Well ... she told you that you should have said all those things when she was packing, didn't she? That sounds like a rejection of your advances to me.

turnera
    Grand gestures tick people off. They just PROVE that you could have been doing the right thing all along...and didn't.

Vow to live the best way you know how, take opportunities to show her you ARE improving how you live your life, look good, smell good, have outside interests but still show an open hand, show her you respect her enough to not pursue her if she doesn't want it, and just generally look like you've wised up and gotten lessons learned from this.

lostinyou
    yup but i didnt want to sound insincire..... and i didnt think it would have made any difference when she was leaving

i do respect her, i know now it was mostly my fault, so i have to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Top Threads
Will seducing him work?
Hi. I'm new. I joined these forums specifically because I needed some advice on what I can do to get back together with my ex. I've tried looking at
I wasn't given a second chance but I want to fight for it
So here I am, 18 year old guy, who just became single again after his one and a half year (now ex)girlfriend broke up with him. Many things
Made Me Feel Like It Was My Fault.
I made a thread not too long ago but since then a lot has changed. I won't go into all the details again, if you really want to know you can just go
How to Remain Friendly / Not Push Him Away Further
My ex and I have broken up 4 times in the span of 1.5 year. Each time we would have LC for about 3 weeks before getting back together. The third
Ex of 3 yrs broke up - i feel like she may want me back
3 year GF. Sent me email Aug 7 wanting to breakup. She started talking to this new guy immediately, although she had met him in a store a month
Will she ever come back?
I've finally givin up hope for any chance of trying with her again anytime soon. I'm trying to move on now but for some reason it makes me feel
I need help
So my ex girlfriend and I guess broke up we were fighting a lot and about a week ago she said she had enough and wanted to see me change. I was

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Whatever Happened to.....
Hey there, Does anyone know whatever happened to ENA old timers Brownstone, TiredTiger, SuperDave, mhowe, John Galt, Shane Falco, etc? I'd be
I Need Urgent Help With This, Please!!!
Sorry this is long, just want to explain the whole thing. I've been dating a guy for about 3 weeks. The first two weeks we hung out as "friends"
Being a "little man"
So I've been carrying this chip on my shoulder that has been a hindrance to my self confidence that I wanna get rid of. I'm 5'6, with hands and feet
So we broke up, but while I was breaking up with him his phone rang...
So I broke up with this guy who I thought was absolutely wonderful and trying to support as he was going through so much, divorce, business
No contact rule to get ex back.
So ive used the no contact rule to get my ex of 2 years back one other time after we had a short break. Our relationship only allowed us to see each
Am I being too harsh or a push over?
First post so here goes feel like I don't have anyone to turn to about this. Been in a relationship for about 6 years now all has been great for
You find love when you stop looking ??
I don't know how many times I've heard this expression. What do the people of ENA think of this statement? I get pretty annoyed when somebody
Ask For Advice