Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need grand gesture ideas

lostinyou

Need grand gesture ideas

Need some 'Grand Gesture' ideas, ive been apathetic and nonchalant for too long and have lost her. i need her to realise im serious and that she is nothing less than beautiful in my eyes.

she was the dumper but im sure its my apathy that has caused this

any ideas gratefully received

and do you think she will respond? if you are female would you?

metrogirl
    Did you not feel this way when you were with her?

What caused her to end things with you?

lostinyou

ToF
    I would not put all my faith in some "grand gesture". I think it's a sweet thought, but ultimately things like this end up being too little, too late.

EDIT: I just read your background story. I'm sorry, but it really does sound as if she's done. To be honest, I would be too.

lostinyou
    basically ive been a div, i think it must have seemed like i took her for granted. I never got the chance to tell her i love her and really start a 'proper' relationship and now i regret it.

im willing to give her time, she would need to know ive realised for anything to start rekindling and not just for the short term. im not gonna stalk her though at the end of the day she has to come back on her own accord. but im just hoping that there is that slim chance of reconcilliation and that she hasnt given up completely
    Last edited by lostinyou; 05-12-2010 at 03:57 PM.

ToF
    Quote Originally Posted by lostinyou [Register to see the link]
    basically ive been a div, i think it must have seemed like i took her for granted. I never got the chance to tell her i love her and really start a 'proper' relationship and now i regret it.
    I'm sorry It happens sometimes.

Don't spend your time regretting it though. Fill your time with other things, other thoughts, other people, and you'll feel better eventually. You said your piece to her. She knows how you feel, and she did not accept it. So just leave it at that for now.

lostinyou
    how has she not accepted it? she moved out and went back to her mums for a week?

she responded to the gifts ok? didnt she?

she may just need time to sort her head out so i am leaving it at that, she comes back next week (but staying elsewhere) so i hope she wants to at least get a coffee. she is worth it
    Last edited by lostinyou; 05-12-2010 at 04:11 PM.

ToF
    Quote Originally Posted by lostinyou [Register to see the link]
    how has she not accepted it? she moved out and went back to her mums for a week?

she responded to the gifts ok? didnt she?

she may just need time to sort her head out so i am leaving it at that, she comes back next week (but staying elsewhere) so i hope she wants to at least get a coffee. she is worth it
    Well ... she told you that you should have said all those things when she was packing, didn't she? That sounds like a rejection of your advances to me.

turnera
    Grand gestures tick people off. They just PROVE that you could have been doing the right thing all along...and didn't.

Vow to live the best way you know how, take opportunities to show her you ARE improving how you live your life, look good, smell good, have outside interests but still show an open hand, show her you respect her enough to not pursue her if she doesn't want it, and just generally look like you've wised up and gotten lessons learned from this.

lostinyou
    yup but i didnt want to sound insincire..... and i didnt think it would have made any difference when she was leaving

i do respect her, i know now it was mostly my fault, so i have to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Top Threads
Boyfriend and I got back together after a 1 month break, he had sex with someone
My boyfriend and I have been together for two and a half years, we never had broke up any other time in the past. This was our first time breaking
Is He Genuine?
After a month or so of complete stress, something REALLY bad happened and then something that could possibly be good happened. The guy I was
Tough breakup need a fix
I've been broken up with my ex for about a month now. The biggest reason was because she felt stressed by me constantly bringing up issues. Looking
Why has she kept me on Facebook/Instagram? Will she reach out?
Several months ago, I was dating this girl. I really started falling for her. I've dated plenty of girls and felt no real connection with many of
My ex girlfriend all of a sudden ignoring me
Hey guys 👋🏻 I'm 24 years old and So i never write on these sites but I thought I would give it a try, so anyway me and my ex
Should I still have hope or leave her alone?
First time poster seeking advice here. The mother of my child and I were together for 4-5 years, and we have a 3 year old son. We broke up
Very confused
My first love and I broke up almost a year ago. He got in a rebound relationship afterwards.. we got in contact with each other a month after we

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Confused about what he wants
I've (21F) been hooking up with this guy (21M) for a few weeks now, but we've also been really good platonic friends for years. I recently got an
Dating Secretly
A few months ago I started dating a man who I am very serious about. I have known him for about a year , and we have a great connection. We are
Why is it all about SEX?
I haven't been much of a dater. All of my relationships first started off with me and the person being classmates then friends which then moved to a
Somethings amiss...HELP!
Hi guys, I have a confusing situation that I need help dissecting. I have been dating "Z" for a little over 2 months (both in mid/late 30s
My Dad has given up on life
So about 10 years ago my Mother died of cancer. My Dad is now in his 70's and over that past 10 years he has just given up on life. - He no longer
BF does not like to take pictures/ Shady AF
My bf has admitted he hates pictures, he just does not like them, so on thanksgiving 2014 I remember I was so excited I wanted to take some pic of
One day " I love you then the next " we're over "
I've never asked for help or done this before so i don't know where to start but here it goes. I have been in a relationship for around 20 months we
Ask For Advice