Thread: How often do you talk to a new person you're dating?

How often do you talk to a new person you're dating?

I met this new guy (we met online about ayear ago, then lost touch, then started talking again a couple months ago) and we met in person about 3 weeks ago. We've been on 4 dates and it's been going really well. The only problem is that we live about 2-3 hours away from eachother so we can't see eachother too often. We've talked on the phone a few times as well. So far we talk about 1-2 times a week on the phone. He works long hours so it's sort of hard to find time when we're both free to talk. I know it's really early still, but I really like this guy and I think he really likes me too. I personally would like to have more contact with him, even though I know it isn't easy, and I realize this early on it might be too much to expect to have more contact (i.e. almost every day). What do you guys think? How often do you talk with a new person you're dating?

Platinum Member
    My ex ex and I talked almost every day from the get-go. Well, we wouldn't talk on the phone every day, but usually text every day. My ex and I talked almost every day from the get-go. By "talk" I mean communicate in some way, which could also be in the form of texting. Not always for an extensive amount of time, though. I always called or sent good night/good morning texts.

Los Angeles
    Will it stay this way? I think if you both of you don't have a problem with it then it's fine.

Gold Member
    If you want to talk to him more then don't be afraid to initiate it. He might be feeling the same thing but is scared to sufficate you and is being cautious. Rather than bombarding him with phone calls though send him a text message initiating a conversation and see how attentive he is.

Thanks to everyone for the replies.
    Easyguy, my ex and I used to talk almost on a daily basis as well, that's why this seems odd to me. However, my ex and I were friends before we dated and we were close so that's different. I may just be paranoid because I've had such bad luck with guys in the past, and I really like this one, and I really believe that he likes me too.
    CaptainNapalm, I was kind of thinking the same thing. I'm definitely not afraid to initiate it, I have done that already a few times and he's always attentive, and we have great phone conversations. And as I said before, he does work crazy hours and sometimes our work schedules overlap (I'm home when he's at work, he's home when I'm at work). And the distance doesn't help either, that's one of the reasons I would like to have more contact with him, because we don't get to see eachother very much.

Top Threads
I cringe when he uses wrong grammar.
My boyfriend has a habit of saying things like "I should have did...." "I wish I had ate something earlier..." "He should have just came
Should I ask if he wants to be exclusive or should I give it more time?
Hello, I'm 23 yo and I've been seeing a 23 yo guy that I met from Coffee Meets Bagel app since about 2 months ago. We've been on 8 dates (about once
lying about age,deal breaker or red flag?
In the last 2 years I've encountered couple(younger) guys who lied about their age because they thought I wouldn't give them the time of the day
Recently I have learned about a term called "Ghosting". Why do ppl do it? I don't understand why people do these things. Thoughts?
Started this online dating experiment and it appears that women respond more to
a guy who is smiling in his primary photo versus a serious look. I noticed when I had pictures of me with a serious look I never got a reply back
Is it okay to ask her a question?
Hello ENotAlone! I used this site about 6 years ago when I was going through a break-up and it really helped a lot. Surprisingly most of the
Operation Finding Girlfriend
Hey all- I actually have been on this site for a long time. Well, I was on it very extensively in 2013. I created a new account now because I

online counseling
Featured Threads
Need feedback, criticism from the men here *long*
I want to vent cuz this is bugging the hell out of me me even though I should be happy to move on. I want the perspective of men here because I feel
Should I be concernd about my ex's guy being around my son?
I was married to the girl of my dreams for 16 years until she met a guy in a cooking chatroom. The question I have is can I trust this guy with our
Struggling to figure out if she likes me or not?
I really fancy her and I still struggle with all the attraction sign things. I chose to sit at the table that I knew she'd be, because her friend
So having dinner with my ex tonight.
Recap: We dated nearly two years. I dumped him by email -- which was crappy of me, but I don't do conflict well. He was never able to say he loved
2 dates but now a new girl on the scene.
Been a while since I posted here, had a break from dating really, off all OLD and just thought I'd let fate do its thing. about a month ago I got
What are the chances that she could have gotten pregnant?
I met up with an ex from 5 years ago and in the heat of the moment we had unprotected sex. Now here are the facts: - She is 27, I'm 29. - She
Marrying someone with different level of religion understanding
Say, you're an orthodox religious man and your potential spouse has the same religion as you but with much lower level of practice and knowledge