Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 75

Thread: How can I stop attracting weird creepy men?

  1. #1
    glucoze
    Member glucoze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Age
    24
    Posts
    577
    Gender
    Female

    How can I stop attracting weird creepy men?

    Okay.
    Every day i get some weird creepy men hitting on me. It used to be flattering but now it's actually annoying. I mean today this one guy was following me all over the city. I kid you not. I got onto one train, he followed me. I moved to one side he moved right along. He sat right next to me and i felt like throwing a book at him. He was staring hardcore at me for a good 2 minutes. I felt so uncomfortable. I wanted to get up but i was afraid he'd grab me or something weird like that. (We were alone on the train) He then decided to finally ask me "Hey what's your number? what's your name?" I of course lied and said "Amanda.. and no" "you got a home phone?" "No." "You don't have a phone?" "no." He would NOT leave me alone. Question after question. After the third question i ignored him. I got really uncomfortable, and he kept saying how hot i was i thought this was very inappropriate. You don't follow me and harass me like come on.
    And then something out of no where happened... i was downtown walking and I got offered a modeling gig. This woman and this photographer ambushed me. Really random. It didn't end there, aNOTHER guy was following me. They followed me into numerous stores into the mall. I got frustrated and left. i decided maybe they wouldn't follow me into the street, into the icecream shop.. wrong.

    Ugh i am so annoyed! I don't want that kind of attention.
    How on earth can I get these guys to back off? I'm not interested. I mean if a decent guy will come up to me and be NICE not perverted than of course i'll give you my number. But it's clear all these guys that come up to me just want sex.. and for my looks.
    What? DO i have to give them the finger? Like what do i have to do to stop attracting this creepy guys..

    And why is it the guys I AM interested in all act so timid and shy. Just stare, but guys i don't care for approach me with perverted pick up lines?
    :/
    Last edited by glucoze; 05-05-2010 at 06:35 PM.

  2. #2
    xShannyx
    Member xShannyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    178
    Gender
    Female
    wow what a shame =( That reminds me when this 30 something year old looking guy try to hit on me and followed me for 2-3 blocks(I was 17 at the time mind you). I honestly thought i was going to have to run up to someone and ask them to call the cops! Anyway I don't think there is anything you can do about that because creppy men will be well creppy men..but what I sometimes do is make sure the volume on my mp3 is loud enough to block out any unwanted cat calls..maybe that'll work for you.

  3. #3
    Kumatora
    Gold Member Kumatora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    712
    Quote Originally Posted by glucoze [Register to see the link]
    Okay.
    Every day i get some weird creepy men hitting on me. It used to be flattering but now it's actually annoying. I mean today this one guy was following me all over the city. I kid you not. I got onto one train, he followed me. I moved to one side he moved right along. He sat right next to me and i felt like throwing a book at him. He was staring hardcore at me for a good 2 minutes. I felt so uncomfortable. I wanted to get up but i was afraid he'd grab me or something weird like that. (We were alone on the train) He then decided to finally ask me "Hey what's your number? what's your name?" I of course lied and said "Amanda.. and no" "you got a home phone?" "No."
    Wanna know what my response would of been if he asked for my phone? "Uh yea I do. Lemme call the cops now since you're stalking me." Make sure you have enough witnesses too.

    That's called stalking and that's illegal.

    Also... don't give people attention. Act like they don't exist and if they continue, find a cop/security. Never travel alone.

  4. #4
    glucoze
    Member glucoze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Age
    24
    Posts
    577
    Gender
    Female
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumatora [Register to see the link]
    Wanna know what my response would of been if he asked for my phone? "Uh yea I do. Lemme call the cops now since you're stalking me." Make sure you have enough witnesses too.

    That's called stalking and that's illegal.

    Also... don't give people attention. Act like they don't exist and if they continue, find a cop/security. Never travel alone.
    That IS funny! I will remember that .

    Thats what i was afraid of. We were alone.. There was maybe 2 people on the train but they were way far from us. I was scared that If i got him he would like follow me and grab me or something. So i sat down until I had to get off my stop...

  5. #5
    glucoze
    Member glucoze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Age
    24
    Posts
    577
    Gender
    Female
    Quote Originally Posted by xShannyx [Register to see the link]
    wow what a shame =( That reminds me when this 30 something year old looking guy try to hit on me and followed me for 2-3 blocks(I was 17 at the time mind you). I honestly thought i was going to have to run up to someone and ask them to call the cops! Anyway I don't think there is anything you can do about that because creppy men will be well creppy men..but what I sometimes do is make sure the volume on my mp3 is loud enough to block out any unwanted cat calls..maybe that'll work for you.
    This started ever since I was 16.. This guy around my block is constantly whistling at me. Calling me "sweet cakes" "smile baby" what the heck?
    I even had a guy go as far as to harass my friends so that they would tell him who I was. Like come on. EW! I AM 16?!?!?!?! - at the time I thought -
    now it seems to be getting worse.
    I get stared at and hit on hardcore by guys Im not interested in
    while guys that I am interested in just stare and never approach me cause of nervousness.

  6. #6
    oldenoughtoknow
    Platinum Member oldenoughtoknow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Age
    55
    Posts
    2,923
    Gender
    Male
    Thanked
    1
    So, glucoze, you must be really hot, hum?

    Seriously, I'm really sorry you're going through this. You seem like a really nice person. And sometimes, I've noted that really nice women tend to attract creeps. Why? Because they seem friendly and approachable. I don't think it's a workable solution to walk around with a disinterested scowl on you face whenever you're in public. But as the other posters have mentioned, sometimes I've noted that nice women are not firm enough with creeps.

    Example: I've had women friends that have been asked out by some guy they are totally not interested in, and rather than firmly saying "no thank you, I'm not interested," they try to be nice about it and say "no, I'm busy Friday, sorry." Of course, the retort is "What about Saturday? What about Sunday? What about Monday?" etc. Then, days later, they are surprised that the guy won't leave them alone.

    Standing up for yourself and standing firm with what you want will change your demeanor (or aura, if you're into that) to one that is more confident. People can sense this in others. Creeps can too. Try being REALLY firm the next time it happens. Taking that step might also change your level of harassment in the future.

  7. #7
    glucoze
    Member glucoze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Age
    24
    Posts
    577
    Gender
    Female
    Yeah you are right! Maybe I am too nice...
    Thing is I think about if i say "yeah no i am not interested." Because when i get like that.. i am * * * * * y. Seriously * * * * * y. And I am afraid if they will attack me or something LOLL... or totally unload their frustration and anger out on me. I mean the last time i actually gave a creep my number - only because my friends pressured me to just take it - he would NOT STOP Calling me. Kept texting me. I ignored, and finally by the third day he stopped lol.

    What if standing up for myself = them attacking me LOL.

  8. #8
    Momake
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Age
    32
    Posts
    326
    Gender
    Male
    What do you wear? If you're wearing stuff that is designed to attract attention then it will do that - especially if you're already attractive... I am not saying you need to change your entire wardrobe or dress like a monk but just give it some thought to wear something more modest if you're going to be traveling in public for a few hours (Eg. jeans vs short shorts) ... if in fact you do dress this way of course. It couldn't hurt?

  9. #9
    Mauxly
    Platinum Member Mauxly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,025
    Gender
    Female
    Thanked
    4
    I think the super weird creepy guys have no boundaries and hit on lots of women. You just find yourself in the crossfire more often. I have the same problem and I'm willing to bet that I'm not as hot and young as you.

    Someday no one will hit on us. And I suspect that will suck slightly more than being annoyed by the ubercreepsters. Until then, carry your head high and carry some mace.

  10. #10
    Mauxly
    Platinum Member Mauxly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,025
    Gender
    Female
    Thanked
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Momake [Register to see the link]
    What do you wear? If you're wearing stuff that is designed to attract attention then it will do that - especially if you're already attractive... I am not saying you need to change your entire wardrobe or dress like a monk but just give it some thought to wear something more modest if you're going to be traveling in public for a few hours (Eg. jeans vs short shorts) ... if in fact you do dress this way of course. It couldn't hurt?
    I doubt it has anything to do with the way she dresses. These guys can actually be more creepy if they think you look wholesome, like the girl next door.

  11.  

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
Top Threads
is he into me or nah?
Hello, I got single 7 months ago and ended my contact with my ex for good 4 months ago, it ended very badly and my ex turned out to be a complete
How to talk to a girl in the gym
I frequently go to the gym and I have seen this one girl that I think she is pretty. It might be me but every time I turn she is looking at me or
How do I know for sure if she is into me?
Hi everyone There is a girl who I recently met trough my friend. She is my friend's gf's best friend. She is 24. It was my friend's gf's birthday
Would like some tips for flirting
So I guess it's not that I can't flirt, as complimenting other people can sort of come naturally to me. I've only been in 1 relationship before and
She's trouble
Hey everyone! So recently split from my gf of 8 months (my decision) and kinda came to terms with the fact that my head has been turned by a girl
Crush on my friend please help!
Well, i have been friends with this guy for about a year and I've recently started to develop feelings for him. We're in the same group of friends so
He knows he was caught
So I had been texting this guy who had DM me and he was not a total stranger or anything I used to go to school with him in ememetry. He's really
Featured Threads
Controlling or very opinionated?
Hi, my name is Michael. I came here for some advice on my girlfriend and I's relationship. I am 17 and she is 16 and we've been dating for just shy
Women who prefer/only date younger men
I am dating a woman who is 9 years older than me. However, going after younger guys doesn't appear to be her pattern. In fact, the age difference
Still feels like the first day...
Long long story short.. I'll Coles notes it. I meet the love of my life at a gig I was playing, we ended up not spending a single night apart for
My partner and I have different goals, values, and thinking, should we continue?
My partner and I met a couple years ago when she moved to the city I lived in. We had shared a group of friends but never really knew each other
I'm hurt and not sure what to do ...
So ,this is my first time posting here ,but My mother always said it helps to write things down .So here it goes ! ^^ For a couple of weeks now
Who Am I and What do I Want?
Hi everyone, and thanks for reading this. At the moment I feel like I am having some sort of identity crisis, whilst not knowing what I want for
Is it wrong that I still talk to my ex boyfriend?
My ex boyfriend dumped me last week because he was pressuring me to have sex and I wasn't ready to have sex and he keeps calling and texting me every
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •