xXPiLAXx

Im 17 and a senior in high school. My boyfriend is in college, which leaves us in a long distance relationship. We been going out for 16 months now and a baby has been questioned from both of us, but the real question is are we ready?! Gimme feedback on what you think

No, you are absolutely not ready! Wait until you graduate high school, go to college, get yourself a good solid job, THEN think about having a baby. Right now, you're still technically a child. You have SO much living to do. These next 5 years of your life are so critical for your development into adulthood. There are so many experiences you would miss out on because you chose not to wait.

PLEASE wait. For your future child's happiness (trust me, you won't be able to provide for him/her now the way you'd be able to 5 years from now), wait.

Well, I would suggest that you graduate high school first and then think about the kid...are you planning to go to college?

I think it would be difficult honestly. He's away at college...it'll be long distance! Who is going to help parent your child? Wouldn't you want him there with you to help you through every step?

I'd say stick it out with him a bit longer and enjoy your time together. I wouldn't go for a baby until you're both with stable jobs and living in the same house. It'll be a better environment for the child.

No one is ever really "ready" for a child, but I think the best way to measure that, is by stability. As in, finances, your relationship with your SO. and of course your career and the ability of your SO to provide, thats what it all comes down to.

So you both being in school answers that question, your far from ready.

No one is ever really "ready" for a child, but I think the best way to measure that, is by stability. As in, finances, your relationship with your SO. and of course your career and the ability of your SO to provide, thats what it all comes down to.

So you both being in school answers that question, your far from ready.

It's not just that. At 17 you are in no way mature enough to handle the responsibility of a child. You are a child yourself.

OP, please wait. Babies are not cute and fun all the time. There's a lot of crying, sleepless nights, and so many expenses.

Im registered to a community college in fall. Yea but I LOVE HIM. And he wants too...

So what? I love my boyfriend too. That doesn't mean I'm ready for a baby. Wait until you two are LIVING TOGETHER. IN THE SAME STATE.

This just has "bad idea" written all over it.

I understand unplanned pregnancies happen and should be handled accordingly, but planning to bring a child into this world at SEVENTEEN blows my mind.

Can you support this child on your own financially? Can you support it emotionally and mentally? I mean can you support it all on your OWN. NO help from mom and dad, no help from anyone? Do you have medical insurance? Can you afford medication? Can you afford dental care? Can you afford education for your child? Can you afford diapers and formula and clothes without asking for a hand out? Can you stay up all night for nights on end with a screaming and or sick baby and still attend to your responsibilities the next day and every day? Can you take not spending time with your friends anymore because you have a child now and NO ONE to help you?

And all that is just the beginning dear.

Archived