too ticklish

Car Chick

My boyfriend and I were on the couch the other day making out, and when he touch my legs, or my stomach, or some places on my back, I'd start laughing because I am so ticklish. This isn't the first time it's happened, but I was real ticklish that day, and I felt so bad, because he was trying to kiss me and I just kept laughing. Eventually he gave up and stopped touching me and I felt so bad. Does anyone have any advice on how to correct this problem before it happens again. He's going to be gone for a couple of weeks and I know when he comes back, we're both going to be really hot for each other, and I don't want my laughing to ruin it.

The thought of story alone made me laugh lol...

Is it the way he touches you? What if he had his palm on your stomach or guess 'larger surface' of the body rather than running his finger down? If you're very sensitive to touch than not sure if there's anything you can do other than telling him to avoid certain areas.

My suggestion? Use a rough loofah in the shower and make sure you get at your sensitive spots that are ticklish a bit more than you might otherwise. It might help to use an exfoliating soap of some kind too. If you can "deaden" the nerve endings a bit, it should make it easier to handle intimate touching.

The thought of story alone made me laugh lol...

Is it the way he touches you? What if he had his palm on your stomach or guess 'larger surface' of the body rather than running his finger down? If you're very sensitive to touch than not sure if there's anything you can do other than telling him to avoid certain areas.

Yeah, the story makes me laugh to, but also makes me sad, especially since those are the best places to be touched- you know, the ticklish ones. I don't know if it's really the way or places as much as that I get really ticklish at times. I'm not always this ticklish though, but sometimes I get that way. And sometimes, it goes away after we've been intimate a little bit. It finally did that day, but only on our second try. I don't know if it's a nervousness thing since I'm really new to the whole touching thing. I don't really know what causes ticklishness, but it's really annoying and frustrating when you're trying to be all sexy and stuff and end up laughing the whole time. : (

My suggestion? Use a rough loofah in the shower and make sure you get at your sensitive spots that are ticklish a bit more than you might otherwise. It might help to use an exfoliating soap of some kind too. If you can "deaden" the nerve endings a bit, it should make it easier to handle intimate touching.

Thanks, I never thought about that. I will try it. I guess it's like desensitizing them to it. That might explain why sometimes after a bit of touching it gets better.

Hey Car Chick, I'm just like you and EXTREMELY ticklish in certain spots. I just had this exact thing happen with me and hubby the other night, and I felt bad as well, like it was so incredibly interruptive to the "task at hand". And it is sometimes worse than other times. I don't have an explaination other than sometimes, depending on my mental state, I can be more sensitive than other times. For instance, I hate having my feet tickled, but if I'm relaxed enough and employ the ol "mind over matter", I actually LOVE having my feet lightly tickled, it can be relaxing. Figure that one out!!

I would make sure to reassure him that his touch making you laugh and giggle is a good thing! What man doesn't want to make their woman squirm? hehe I find if I can just get through the first one or two fits of giggles, other parts of my anatomy take over and I don't seem to be quite as ticklish. Worst part for me is that one of my most ticklish spots is on my lower belly, right around my hipbones to my pubic bone. I've kneed hubby in some nasty places due to tickling there!

It's nice to know I'm not alone. I am the same way, sometimes, it feels really good. I remember my doctor laughing at my first breast exam because I was really nervous to have it done but then when she started I was laughing historically because it tickled so bad. But when my boyfriend touches me in the same place, I love it. I too find that after a little while of giggling, I stop and can enjoy him. I guess I just have to do as you said and explain to him that's it's good and that I don't want him to stop. My really bad spot is on my upper leg right under my butt, which happens to be a favorite spot for both him and I when I'm not ticklish.

Haha, I just got a funny picture in my head of my cracking up in the shower trying to loofah and my mom sitting in the living room hearing me down the hall and wondering what's so funny in the shower.

ARGH I have this exact problem. It is really getting on my nerves that I'm so ticklish. When he tries to kiss/caress/bite certain parts of me, I giggle, squirm, and sometimes knock him the mouth by accident. So sexy. I will be reading this thread eagerly for tips.

And it is sometimes worse than other times. I don't have an explaination other than sometimes, depending on my mental state, I can be more sensitive than other times. )

Same here! I think sometimes when I'm tired, I'm more sensitive. Or he can sensitize my body too much with the way he's touching me. He's trying to be sexy and give me tingles, but often it just ramps up my ticklishness an unbearable amount!

I'm sorry to smile at your expense but I just can't help thinking how cute this thread is. As for advice, maybe if he touches you on two different areas of your body at the same time you wouldn't be so "concentrated" on one spot to the point of ticklishness? E.g. if he touches your back but also your leg at the same time.

A tickle is also like a miniature pain - Maybe experiment by pinching or scratching some other area of your body first (even though it doesn't itch), so that when you stop, you can still feel the pinch or scratched feeling on your skin there. Then, when touched somewhere else, that new place might not be so receptive because the first place's nerves are receiving the brain's attention.

I've had this problem before, but I've noticed it's usually at the beginning of the relationship when I'm very nervous or overexcited, or giggly in general. If I recall, you and your boyfriend haven't been together much in person, and haven't had too much intimacy maybe, so this is still quite new for you. I find as I get more relaxed and calm I don't have the problem.

I've had this problem before, but I've noticed it's usually at the beginning of the relationship when I'm very nervous or overexcited, or giggly in general. If I recall, you and your boyfriend haven't been together much in person, and haven't had too much intimacy maybe, so this is still quite new for you. I find as I get more relaxed and calm I don't have the problem.

That makes sense since I tend to get less ticklish a little while into it.

I'm sorry to smile at your expense but I just can't help thinking how cute this thread is. As for advice, maybe if he touches you on two different areas of your body at the same time you wouldn't be so "concentrated" on one spot to the point of ticklishness? E.g. if he touches your back but also your leg at the same time.

A tickle is also like a miniature pain - Maybe experiment by pinching or scratching some other area of your body first (even though it doesn't itch), so that when you stop, you can still feel the pinch or scratched feeling on your skin there. Then, when touched somewhere else, that new place might not be so receptive because the first place's nerves are receiving the brain's attention.

Yeah, it is pretty cute in some ways. He seemed to think it was cute, but then he seemed to be getting as annoyed by it as I was, only trying not to show it.

Man this is funny, made me crack up reading this. My ex was like this and it totally didnt bother me at all, I think I actually laughed just as much as her. Usually it went away after I tickled for 30mins lol.

Well it's good to hear that is isn't bothersome.

This has been a fun thread. I admit, even though my ticklishness (if that's even a word) bothers me, I have had lots of fun laughs reading this and sharing my story.

• 3 months later...

You should see me getting a pedicure. Every eye in the place is on my when I squirm and laugh and giggle when they rub my feet with that exfoliating thing. Just had one done and the guy was so amused he intentionally tickled my feet! I was squirming so bad! Haha, it was funny though.

Archived