Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you regret not telling him/her how you truly feel?

glucoze

Do you regret not telling him/her how you truly feel?

Does anyone else have serious regret even till this day, that you never told the person you like/love them because of fear of whatever sort, only til they are gone. Doesn't it hurt?

Dammit.

I regret it. I mean I didn't know him too well.. I regret not telling him that I like him. Even if he would reject me. I regret it and I really don't know what else to feel besides like huge * * * * .

Damn my slight shyness and fear!

newwave

Yes. The guy I loved now I've loved since I met him over 15 years ago. He had let me know then he wanted me but I was scared (though I fantasized about marrying and having children with him). Now we reconnected and he's so scarred from a bad relationship he never wants to get serious again. Had I told him then I wanted him he never would have met the one who scarred him and I wouldn't be alone at 39, hoping he comes back and trying to go on with my life.
    Last edited by newwave; 04-21-2010 at 04:49 PM.

glucoze
    That is so heart breaking ...

So hopefully if I ever see him. I must say something?

newwave

Quote Originally Posted by glucoze [Register to see the link]
    That is so heart breaking ...

So hopefully if I ever see him. I must say something?
    Yes because you never know. I keep hoping that in my case it does work out, but if it doesn't, I'll always feel empty. Sort of reminds me of those movies where a couple loves each other but can't be together for whatever reason and marry people they don't really love. That's my biggest fear.

glucoze
    Yes, thats exactly what it reminds me of.
    I don't want to scare him though
    I mean.. Ugh it's just eating away at me.

Are you with anyone?

Go Habs Go

I consider myself fortunate to have never been in that situation. But, if you have feelings for someone, let them be known. Even if they don't feel the same way, at least you know and it's better than going the rest of your life wondering "what if".

glucoze
    See I always believed in that statement.. But it's hard. I am afraid of rejection. But now I know it's now or never.

newwave

Quote Originally Posted by glucoze [Register to see the link]
    Yes, thats exactly what it reminds me of.
    I don't want to scare him though
    I mean.. Ugh it's just eating away at me.

Are you with anyone?
    Me? no, but am going to start dating again. I just keep hoping he comes back but he hasn't called me in over 5 weeks so I'm kind of losing faith that he will. I keep asking myself why didn't I tell him this years ago? Maybe we'd be married and have kids and I wouldn't be spending time on a dating advice website.

Staple
    Gold Member
    Wish I had the guts to tell this one girl I really like her.

addictedblue
    Gold Member
    OP what was the situation with the guy?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Top Threads
He lets me pay for half? When He suggested we go eat?
Starters: me-F/20. Him-M/23 So I met this guy 2 weeks ago. He's pretty cool, he asks me to hang every other day and he texts me daily. He always
I slept with him - now what?!
Hi everyone, So I'd been chatting with a guy on Tinder for just over a month before we met. We have a lot in common and spoke on the phone for hours
I've caught feelings where I shouldn't...
So annoyed at myself... So- bit of history. I've been single for 6 months after getting out of a 4 year serious relationship and have only been
Is she still interested? Advice for communication.'keeping this alive'
I went out on a first date with a woman I met on an online dating site this past weekend. She had messaged me initially, and we exchanged messages
I became engaged with a girl who calls herself a "free spirit"......need clarity
I met a wonderful and bright girl 3.5 years ago and she by far stole my heart. She is appositely beautiful, funny, intelligent and outgoing. She is
The 'Time wasters' on dating sites
So here I go again and I'm pretty sure I am not alone here. A woman my age (early 30s) I have been talking to for about a month now just admitted
Dating a single mother for the first time...
We are both women and she is a great person. She is very stable, trustworthy and knows what she wants which are all things I LOVE about her. She has

Featured Threads
Who is in the wrong?
This person isn't really a "friend" she is 24+ years older than me. I have a feeling I'm getting taken advantage of because of my age. I started
I became engaged with a girl who calls herself a "free spirit"......need clarity
I met a wonderful and bright girl 3.5 years ago and she by far stole my heart. She is appositely beautiful, funny, intelligent and outgoing. She is
Has anyone ever totally given up on finding love?
Hello everyone! Well I been wanting to post this for a few weeks now. I don't really know how to say it or word it. But, who here has or knows
Today "should" have been our 6 year anniversary
Today was suppose to be our 6th year together. Today is the first time on this date that we are not together. We made this date a big deal
Shoud I break up because my girlfriend hooked up with my cousin in t
I'm jealous because my girlfriend had casual sex with my cousin before she met me. We've been dating for a year, she's very funny, caring, sexy
I'm in love with my co-worker 😥
My coworker and I started working together about 10 months ago. We work closely together all day just the two of us mainly. From the day he started
Aggressive Courting
There's this girl I really, really like, and would really want to be in a relationship with. Unfortunately, recently I messed up, and now I think she
Ask For Advice