Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I get a knot out of my back by myself?

scared and alone
    Gold Member

How do I get a knot out of my back by myself?

I'm home alone for a few days and as luck would have it, I have huge painful knot in my back right below my shoulder, it's painful to do, anything. It is even painful to breath when im not putting pressure on it. I NEED to make it go away, how do I do it? I think I know the cause of it, and i'm going to eliminate it, but that doesn't help me at the moment. lol On top of this, I have class tomorrow and i'd really like to not have to deal with this on my way to school, at school and leaving school.

renaissancewoman101
    Platinum Member renaissancewoman101's Avatar
    you can go get a massage at a day spa if you have the funds for that.

Or you can use one of those Thermacare hot pads (they stay hot for 8 hours then you toss them). They work wonders. I use them when my back or neck acts up.

Victoria66
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    I use a golf ball and lay on it and push down and move a bit so it provides deep massage.

Speranza
    Platinum Member
    The only exercise I know is to pretend you are putting your arms around an ENORMOUS tree trunk, touch your fingertips and relax as much as you can.

But really you may need painkillers to relax it and then it might de-knot itself...

dragon lady
    Platinum Member
    Painful when you breathe? That sounds more like a cyst than a knot. Maybe you should see a doctor.

scared and alone
    Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon lady [Register to see the link]
    Painful when you breathe? That sounds more like a cyst than a knot. Maybe you should see a doctor.
    No, it's not a cyst. it's just SO knotted up. My cats hog my side of the bed by my feet at night so my upper body is on one side of the bed and my lower body is on the other side and my body is just all in weird, painful positions when i'm in bed.

MakestheBest
    I use a long sponge tube. Its a self massager ( my old trainer used to use it on me as well). You lay on it and roll on it to massage yourself---> similar to the golfball post.

scared and alone
    Gold Member
    I'm resting my back on a heating pad right now, hopefully that will help.

dragon lady
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scared and alone [Register to see the link]
    No, it's not a cyst. it's just SO knotted up. My cats hog my side of the bed by my feet at night so my upper body is on one side of the bed and my lower body is on the other side and my body is just all in weird, painful positions when i'm in bed.
    Ouch.

Do you have someone who can press on it for you? Friend, parent, sister?

scared and alone
    Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon lady [Register to see the link]
    Ouch.

Do you have someone who can press on it for you? Friend, parent, sister?
    I wish But I don't know anybody here and my bf wont be back until late wednsday. ugh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Top Threads
Nicotine as a way to control cravings?
I was chatting to some friends about this and wanted more input. What do you all think of nicotine as a way to control appetite cravings? I've
feeling weird
Hello everyone, Recently, I have been experiencing some weird symptoms and it might just me overreacting, but who knows? So, for the past week, I
Depression :(
For the past 3 weeks, ive lost complete interest in things i used to love, im enjoying my placement less and less which is really getting to me
Impotent at 30 with disease
I have been recently diagnosed with MS but i been impotent for about 10 years now. Im afraid of my family and friends eventually finding about this

Featured Threads
Parent and relationships problems
So clearly i need help sooo i will get right into the story.....sorry its so long I am a 25 year old male who is in a relationship with my 19
My boyfriend is trying to date other woman on online dating site.
I really need help. I am so confused. My boyfriend is on online dating site. He said he wants to date other women. We were on and off relationship
My wife left me without having even a talk
Hi everybody, I wonder if this is normal just to leave a marriage of 7 years without having a proper talk before moving on? It happened to me that
Confused about FWB
Last weekend my FWB and I made plans to meet up. He drove down from his place to go to a party with friends, afterwards he was coming to spend the
Everything is just JUMBLED
I have an extremely, EXTREMELY screwed up life. At least from my point of view it is. At least I think I'm the only one that knows my own
Getting over someone to be with them again later?
Long story short, my ex broke up with me after 4 years because he said he was immature and needed to grow up without me and part of that was meeting
Need Advice - it's urgent for me
Hello Everyone, I meesed up my life and I take full responsibilty. I ned advice and what to do to remedy the situation immediately and prevent it
Ask For Advice