Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I get a knot out of my back by myself?

scared and alone
    Gold Member

How do I get a knot out of my back by myself?

I'm home alone for a few days and as luck would have it, I have huge painful knot in my back right below my shoulder, it's painful to do, anything. It is even painful to breath when im not putting pressure on it. I NEED to make it go away, how do I do it? I think I know the cause of it, and i'm going to eliminate it, but that doesn't help me at the moment. lol On top of this, I have class tomorrow and i'd really like to not have to deal with this on my way to school, at school and leaving school.

renaissancewoman101
    Platinum Member renaissancewoman101's Avatar
    you can go get a massage at a day spa if you have the funds for that.

Or you can use one of those Thermacare hot pads (they stay hot for 8 hours then you toss them). They work wonders. I use them when my back or neck acts up.

Victoria66
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    I use a golf ball and lay on it and push down and move a bit so it provides deep massage.

Speranza
    Platinum Member
    The only exercise I know is to pretend you are putting your arms around an ENORMOUS tree trunk, touch your fingertips and relax as much as you can.

But really you may need painkillers to relax it and then it might de-knot itself...

dragon lady
    Platinum Member
    Painful when you breathe? That sounds more like a cyst than a knot. Maybe you should see a doctor.

scared and alone
    Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon lady [Register to see the link]
    Painful when you breathe? That sounds more like a cyst than a knot. Maybe you should see a doctor.
    No, it's not a cyst. it's just SO knotted up. My cats hog my side of the bed by my feet at night so my upper body is on one side of the bed and my lower body is on the other side and my body is just all in weird, painful positions when i'm in bed.

MakestheBest
    I use a long sponge tube. Its a self massager ( my old trainer used to use it on me as well). You lay on it and roll on it to massage yourself---> similar to the golfball post.

scared and alone
    Gold Member
    I'm resting my back on a heating pad right now, hopefully that will help.

dragon lady
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scared and alone [Register to see the link]
    No, it's not a cyst. it's just SO knotted up. My cats hog my side of the bed by my feet at night so my upper body is on one side of the bed and my lower body is on the other side and my body is just all in weird, painful positions when i'm in bed.
    Ouch.

Do you have someone who can press on it for you? Friend, parent, sister?

scared and alone
    Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon lady [Register to see the link]
    Ouch.

Do you have someone who can press on it for you? Friend, parent, sister?
    I wish But I don't know anybody here and my bf wont be back until late wednsday. ugh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Top Threads
Alcohol Problems, what do I do?
Looking back I've had problems with drinking since I started college. I donít drink every day but I have nights every so often that I just keep
Pain after cystitis for weeks
Hey, so I had a couple nasty cases of cystitis about 6 weeks ago that just kept coming back (have explained before) and now I'm just sort of having
Mom I don't understand this
So y'all know that mom has been fightin the cancer for a while now. She's had very little to no mobility the past few months, and hasn't ate enough
Chest pain after meditation
I recently had chest pain after meditation. I have a lot of sadness and pain that is happening with my spouse and the world. I am trying to figure
doctors are not able to help
So its been 1 and a half year of stomach pain. To be more specific in the mid upper abdomen, I have a terrible bowel movement, cuz im only able to
Cambridge diet
Hi starting this thread in the hope someone is in the same position I started the Cambridge diet and I am feeling great looking forward to losing
insecure and people bring her down
This post is about my friend and not me. She wants to take singing as a career. She loves music and have a great knowledge about it. She is a mezzo

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Tired of Being His Provider??
Okay so I found this site through Google. This seems like a pretty common topic and I suppose I just need to vent. My husband has been unemployed
Beautiful women who works at lush...
So there is this a girl who works at this place. I've been in there twice now and she is a stunner. Its one of those girls who you have to look twice
Being left for another man by my ex girlfriend
My and my ex gf broke up 7 months ago back in late April. We had bad fights and she stated she was unhappy. She then proceeded to have an active
Wondering?
Ok, I posted before about my situation but I would like to further talk. This woman I became involved with 3 years ago TOLD me she had feelings for
Break up Advice Needed
Hi all, I really need some advice on my recent break up with my girlfriend of almost five years. A few months ago I started to feel unhappy and
She's getting ready for marriage. She thinks that it is what I want. My fault.
So, I am pretty much in a difficult situation. I have been with a girl for the past 4 years. In these 4 years, after a while I realized she really
Venting - Advice...?
Hello, Im a 36 year old male, married with 3 kids. My wife and I are pretty much like roommates. There is zero sex life and its from both ends
Ask For Advice