I think I'm might be overreacting.

-Sanguine-

here's my question

if your SO worked very long hours, ex: from 6pm - 6 am, how often would you expect them to contact you and for how long do you think is acceptable?

and if you knew they had energy to play a video game and did, but did not contact you, is that acceptable because they had just worked all day?

if they did not contact you at all for a day or two, how would you feel?

I guess it really all depends on how long you have been in a relationship together, and what your work schedule is like, etc. He may not contact you because he does not want to bother you when you are working.

Anyways, I think it's completely fine if he does not contact you on the days that he is working. Night shifts can be really hard on a person and its really hard to try and get a good amount of sleep during the day. Don't read too much into it. Also, maybe he just doesn't really like talking on the phone. Perhaps you want to try text messaging. He might be more into that than the phone.

Have you tried contacting him? Its a two way street, ya know!

I guess it really all depends on how long you have been in a relationship together, and what your work schedule is like, etc. He may not contact you because he does not want to bother you when you are working.

Anyways, I think it's completely fine if he does not contact you on the days that he is working. Night shifts can be really hard on a person and its really hard to try and get a good amount of sleep during the day. Don't read too much into it. Also, maybe he just doesn't really like talking on the phone. Perhaps you want to try text messaging. He might be more into that than the phone.

Have you tried contacting him? Its a two way street, ya know!

We've been together for 13 months.. when he used to work nights he would contact me in some way because I didn't know when he was off work to call. And if he didn't call, I'd text him. I do text, I know it's a 2 way street, so when he kind of lessened his contact recently I wasn't sure how to take it.

He texted me this morning, but a couple weeks ago he would usually call and talk with me for a bit. I do think I'm reading too much into it, which is why I asked. At least he did text me this morning, and I'll probably get another greeting tonight for a few minutes.

I don't know about the not contacting on days he is working.. he works there for a week at a time. Dunno if I like that idea very much, lol.

I agree with Insane Heart he's probably exhausted. Working nights shifts are really difficult.

When I've had a really long and difficult day at work sometimes I just want to chill out, I may just want to watch some tv for an hour or so til my brain's got back into gear and I feel like interacting with people again. Your boyfriend's just doing the sort of thing by playing a video game.

Just give him space when he needs it.

Yes someone who 12hrs shrifts are definitely hard on them and all they want to do is get sleep!! I wouldn’t make this into an argument. Of course when he wakes up he needs to eat and have some time to himself which is what he’s doing, But it seems like it bothers you a lot, therefore talk to him about your feelings and share your ideas on how to resolve it so it will not interfere with the relationship...Good Luck!!

Archived