Hugs-What says it's more than just a hug?

PoopyBear

Hey Guys,

Just curious about this..

Hugs are something we give to many people for different reasons right?

What do they mean, each individual hug?

A full body, loose hug?

A full body, tight hug?

A short hug?

A long hug?

When is a hug more than just a hug?

Hey Brissie chick!

Hugs can have so many different meanings depending on the person. To my female friends, I always give a long hug depending on how long I've known them and how close I am.

A short hug is for someone I don't know so well, or am just starting to know. Or can be a quick hello or goodbye hug.

A tight hug is someone you want close and It's generally a loved one, while a loose hug is again someone you don't know well, or have just met.

A hug is more than a hug when you're naked baby! Then it is surely something else!

I don't think you can really classify all hugs as people are different.

Hey Brissy Guy!

It's great to get an opinion close to home! ;-)

My reason for asking - yesterday I had a first date with a guy I met through friends in fb..

In my experience of first date hugs, this hug was very different. When he hugged me, he pulled me very close and hugged for what seemed like a long time but wasn't an uncomfortable long time. Then he smiled and said, "We'll catch up, you call me or I'll call you, either way we'll hang out". A little bit different to what I'm used to. When I turned to walk away, a woman who was walking up the street smiled at me and I thought, "What do you know about this that I don't?". lol

In my experience of first date hugs, this hug was very different. When he hugged me, he pulled me very close and hugged for what seemed like a long time but wasn't an uncomfortable long time. Then he smiled and said, "We'll catch up, you call me or I'll call you, either way we'll hang out". A little bit different to what I'm used to. When I turned to walk away, a woman who was walking up the street smiled at me and I thought, "What do you know about this that I don't?". lol

To me, it sounds like an, "I really enjoyed spending time with you and I would like to see you again" hug. That he was suggesting another meet up sounds like he is keen.

As for the lady walking up the street... she may have been thinking... "Oh, how sweet."

Oh, and it sounds like you think too much!

I wish I knew... as I suffer from the same thing... (probably same as many of us on here too).

There are plenty of books you can read that will give you a hint... The one on the threads today The power of now may help. But it's all how you set yourself. Just set yourself to thinking that if it happen it happens, and stop worrying if it doesn't. We all spend too much time worrying and second guessing little actions, when we should just get on and enjoy. Taking the side that if it doesn't work out, then it probably wasn't supposed it so why worry?

From the other side, all the worrying can have you suddenly find tiny insignificant things that don't mean anything but you end up making mountains out of them and that can kill a budding relationship...

Do you think he is going to call?

Well he hasn't removed me from his friends list lol and no I haven't "checked" I've seen posts from him on my homepage Yeah we have lots in common including a weird sense of humour so I think he will call. We will chat on fb either way and I'd be happy to call him friend if nothing else Oh and he's a "thinker" too, he actually told me that yesterday lol

I do try not to think too much about such meetings. In two days I will be engrossed in a new org project so I won't be thinking too much about relationships at all!

I like this post. I think hugs are very telling. The guy that I like tends to pick me up with he hugs me. He is about a foot taller than me and if I put my arms around his waist instead of his neck for a hug, he will stop and say, put your arm up here and will move my arm around his neck, just so he can pick me up.

I'm glad he texted you!

• 2 weeks later...

I have now seen him four times in two weeks, we have progressed from hugs to kissing lol and recently more (probably much too soon but hey, we're in our 40's)

On our 3rd date I randomly brought up the question of whether he was looking for a relationship or FWB. He said, "You're asking me this now? We don't know each other at all, let see how it goes." Then I fretted over his answer but believe it was the best response he could give me. 4th date he was very loving, holding hands, stroking my hair and playing footsy with me while we watched a movie on the lounge

We've made plans to go see a movie next week. It's still early days and feels good, I hope it lasts even if only for a little while

On our 3rd date I randomly brought up the question of whether he was looking for a relationship or FWB. He said, "You're asking me this now? We don't know each other at all, let see how it goes." Then I fretted over his answer but believe it was the best response he could give me.

His answer concerns me a bit too. I would think before even date 1, he knows if he's only looking for a FWB. If he wasn't looking for that, wouldn't he have told you, I'm not interested in FWB. Let's get to know each other a bit before we determine if this will be a relationship? I don't think I would jump in too fast with this guy until you know his intentions.

Archived