Quick! How do I get hair dye off my skin?

I decided to dye my hair (out of the box) and apparently I didn't do a very good job...the dye is all over my skin! They dye dripped down my back and face and I can't figure out how to get it off.

I wiped it off as soon as it happened but I missed some, and I rinsed all the dye out of my hair and scubbed my skin. That helped but it's still there!

Does anyone have any tips/trick for getting it off my skin? How long will my skin be stained?

i've heard using some dish soap on those areas of the skin. that could be very harsh though. i would try some regular facial cleanser. maybe some exfoliation?

next time, you can try putting some vaseline by your hairline. then it will be easy to wipe off any spills.

Annie -- I did put vasaline on my hair line. It's one of the few places my face has NOT managed to get dye all over.

Pinnsivini-- I didn't have any cotton so I used a paper towel. It's coming off a little (I can see it on the towel) but it's still on my face/neck.

Victoria---I'll probably just have to wait it out. Does it really come off in a day or so?

If I keep my hair down it covers the side of my face that it dripped all over. It's all over the nape of my neck but if I keep my hair down nobody will probably notice.

Annie -- I did put vasaline on my hair line. It's one of the few places my face has NOT managed to get dye all over.

Pinnsivini-- I didn't have any cotton so I used a paper towel. It's coming off a little (I can see it on the towel) but it's still on my face/neck.

Victoria---I'll probably just have to wait it out. Does it really come off in a day or so?

If I keep my hair down it covers the side of my face that it dripped all over. It's all over the nape of my neck but if I keep my hair down nobody will probably notice.

Mine does and I dye my hair every 4 weeks and they are pretty dark colours. I would say after a day or so it is gone.

It's not too dark---I just dyed it a few shades darker. Not black or anything.

It's not as bad as before. Luckily I don't have an interview or anything! I was worried it would take a few days to a week but a day or two is fine with me.

Thanks!

I am glad it looks great!! Like I said I dye really dark and it comes off in no time. Usually by hairwash the day after the dye job.

Archived