"I Have A Confession To Make..."

Hey everyone. So as many of you know, it has been pretty much one year since my ex and I broke up. The longest NC I have instilled on him was over 5 months, almost 6. I broke it on Feb. 27 to "forgive" him, and so that we can apologize to each other and basically, provide closure for each of us. After that, I felt much better.

I had a feeling that that was it, you know; The end. On to the next chapter of my life. I have been applying for a part time job everywhere in my area so that I can get some money and buy myself some new things to basically "start over" my life and all of that.

Well... He texted me. Again.

He sent me this yesterday at 3:29 PM (My phone records the text messages, durr, lol)

Why do I feel like he's going to tell me, "Oh, I met the one."?

I haven't responded to it yet since I didn't knew he texted me till now when I opened the phone to get a number out for my job application that I'm taking right now.

I know for a fact that whatever he has to throw at me, that I'm pretty much not ready. Do I ignore it? Do I respond? I don't want to hear, "I met someone." because I swear to God, I'm going to lose my head and probably go kill myself, lol...

This is why I personally do not like relationships with ex anything. They feel they have the right to invade your life with their paltry everyday goings on. Delete it and forget it or he will drag you into his life again and bring you down after you have come so far.

~takes vertigos phone. deletes message.~

Thank you.

I just deleted the message.

So you haven't opened the message yet?

I have opened it. I just haven't replied to it. And I don't think I want to this time...

This is why I personally do not like relationships with ex anything. They feel they have the right to invade your life with their paltry everyday goings on. Delete it and forget it or he will drag you into his life again and bring you down after you have come so far.

Okay, you misread me. The last time I spoke to him was about 6 days ago when I just wanted to forgive him/apologize for my own past immature behavior, and for him to apologize to me and forgive me as well. Basically, I just wanted closure and I was so sure I was never going to hear from him again.

I don't want him in my life.

I'm sorry, Vertigo - this sounds like the worst time for a setback, when you are trying so hard to move forward, and to gather momentum with other aspects of your life. (Also, good luck on the job hunt!)

I agree with Agent. If you are not ready for what he has to say, then you do not have to hear it. You can set your own rules, your own thresholds, and you do not owe him the courtesy of a reply simply because he imposes contact on you at his whim.

However, if you are anything like I am, curiosity will get the better of you, at some point, and the anticipation, coupled with an active imagination, might make the missive worse than it really is.

Also, last but not least: "link removed

Be well.

Thank you.

I just deleted the message.

I have opened it. I just haven't replied to it. And I don't think I want to this time...

Okay, you misread me. The last time I spoke to him was about 6 days ago when I just wanted to forgive him/apologize for my own past immature behavior, and for him to apologize to me and forgive me as well. Basically, I just wanted closure and I was so sure I was never going to hear from him again.

I don't want him in my life.

No I am not misreading you, but when you do the whole forgiveness thing they now think they have a "right" to once again invade your life, hence the now text. That is why I am very wary to have "forgiveness" events. I would ignore all texts from now on and hope he gets the point.

curiosity would kill me.

Maybe it will kill me. But it's better that curiosity kills me rather than hear something I don't like at all, and have that kill me to the point of no return.

I'm sorry, Vertigo - this sounds like the worst time for a setback, when you are trying so hard to move forward, and to gather momentum with other aspects of your life. (Also, good luck on the job hunt!)

I agree with Agent. If you are not ready for what he has to say, then you do not have to hear it. You can set your own rules, your own thresholds, and you do not owe him the courtesy of a reply simply because he imposes contact on you at his whim.

However, if you are anything like I am, curiosity will get the better of you, at some point, and the anticipation, coupled with an active imagination, might make the missive worse than it really is.

Also, last but not least: "link removed

Be well.

Thank you so much, I really needed that. I have come so far and I'm much more stronger than I was before. I am not the little 16 year old girl he saw at our mutual friend's party when we first met. I am a full grown woman now, who deserves nothing but the best!

ah I get it now... he sent you a message that said "I have a confession to make.." holy crap the curiosity would kill me!!

I'd rather the curiosity kill me better.

I agree with Victoria, i was dragged down by a similar situation. The problem is though he kind of ninja'd your brain. It might eat at you knowing that he has something he wants to tell you.

He didn't do crap to my brain. I was a bit surprised that I've received this text because I seriously thought I wasn't gonna hear from him again.

I am a strong believer that if he has something very important to tell me, that he'll text me or God forbids even calls me to tell me what he has to say.

No I am not misreading you, but when you do the whole forgiveness thing they now think they have a "right" to once again invade your life, hence the now text. That is why I am very wary to have "forgiveness" events. I would ignore all texts from now on and hope he gets the point.

I wanted the forgiveness talk so that I can free myself from all the pain and to gain back my powers again that he stole. That was it. It wasn't an invitation for him to come back into my life. If he thinks that, he's in for an ugly surprise.

I am ignoring this text and I'm going to ignore him further. Thank you for all the replies, everyone!

That was the whole message? He didn't make the confession in the text message?

Nope, that's all he said. Which made me super nervous when I read it. And kinda annoyed as well.

Whatever. I already deleted the message and I'm moving on to my next problem. NEXT!

Nope, that's all he said. Which made me super nervous when I read it. And kinda annoyed as well.

Whatever. I already deleted the message and I'm moving on to my next problem. NEXT!

That was his effort into baiting you to asking him what he had to confess. I am glad you are not going to let him take you for another ride....like you said.......NEXT

I just received a txt. Letting me know the insurances have all been switched over so I can delete the insurances I was paying for when we were together. As much as I am trying to move on, and by in large respecting her wishes... still hurts. 5 weeks on now and im feeling better each day.

I just received a txt. Letting me know the insurances have all been switched over so I can delete the insurances I was paying for when we were together. As much as I am trying to move on, and by in large respecting her wishes... still hurts. 5 weeks on now and im feeling better each day.

Hmm. I was entirely on board the ignoring him idea until the above post.

(And I am very sorry for your pain, Life - but good on you for moving forward, working for and recognizing improvement every day! I hope better fortune keeps finding you, surely and swiftly)

Vertigo, I am not now encouraging you to speak to him or reply to what might be a pitiful ploy to toy with you (Agent, your comment was brilliant!), but is there anything he might have to say to you that you actually do need to know, such as Life spoke on?

This is definitely what some people were concerned that he would do ... try to put you back on the string. I'm glad you deleted it! Stay strong.

Archived