Young and Dumb and Intoxicated 21st

BioUndergrad

I (female) a serious college student, a biology undergraduate, recently had my 21st birthday. Usually I am pretty reserved and consumed by my work. My birthday ended in a drunken makeout session and even drunker sex, which I hardly remember and didn't want, with a guy friend who I have no feelings for. I was a virgin. I am really scared right now that I may have gotten an extra birthday present (i.e. a child). I am terrified and can't tell anyone as my roommates are bible thumpers and my family is a hardcore Catholic one. I about 2 weeks until my period should come, and am just so anxious. I don't want a baby. Can't have a baby. What should I do? I feel so alone.

So you had unprotected sex and you can barely remember what happened. Yet your biggest worry is wheather or not your pregnant? how about a blood test to find out your not HIV positive? you should be going to your doctor immediately, you being a student of biology should know that, regardless if he's your friend or not, better safe then sorry, and the blood test would reveal if your pregnant or not.

plan b? Pretty common and straight forward approach.. needs to be within 72 hours though.

I was thinking the same thing.

BioUndergrad, how long ago was this? If it was within 72 hours, get to your local pharmacy and start plan B ASAP- it is available over the counter in most places.

Poor girl, no wonder you are frightened - there is a lot about this situation that is terribly unfortunate, to say the least! I am sorry you experienced such a thing, and further sympathetic that you are so anxious, now. Hang in there, friend, it will get better once you get your answers, and move past this uncertain, freshly unpleasant time, with whatever path you take.

Do seek out those tests - you can get them anonymously or at the very least confidentially, and no one but you and your medical team need to know any of your private business.

Also, you might wish to mention to the doctor with whom you speak that this encounter did not unfold precisely as per your plan - and I am not suggesting in any way that anything untoward happened, but things like you were so intoxicated, you had no feelings for the man, make you sound uneasy and unhappy about it, and your doctor might be a safe and helpful person to hear those feelings from you, and take a burden off your chest, if need be.

You take good care, and good luck.

Honestly, I don't think your Catholic parents and Bible thumping roommates would be as upset about a pregnancy as they would about putting yourself in a situation where you were not in control of your judgement. I think that if you are pregnant, they would appreciate your maturity in raising or putting the baby up for adoption. It is not optimal, but don't be afraid of talking to your parents. While they might be disappointed, you are their daughter and they love you. the roommates - its only their business if you tell them - it doesn't have to be their biz.

That being said, I do think HiV is an even bigger issue than pregnancy. Please get tested, and then if negative, get tested again a few months down the road. I don't remember but I think sometimes the virus takes time. Of course there are other STDs, but this is obviously the most serious one.

like the others said, if the sex was within the last 72 hours, you should get plan B. i wouldn't panic just yet, just wait and see what happens.

have you and this guy talked since the incident?

do you remember anything at all about the sex? consenting?

Oh my, this is a bad situation. My advice is in the same vein as everyone else's.

First, morning after pill - asap. Second, STD test. Third, pregnancy test. Fourth, if you believe this guy to have raped you, it would be best to report it as it was not consensual! Being drunk is not an excuse for someone to have sex with you, period.

Archived