Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: does she want me to break up with her?

  1. #1
    mr.mac
    Silver Member mr.mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    40
    Posts
    609
    Gender
    Male

    does she want me to break up with her?

    I've been thinking for a while now that perhaps my girlfriend wants me to break up with her. The latest example was this past Saturday. It was my birthday and we had plans to go to my mother's house for dinner. She came to my house first and was acting very strange. Very quiet. In the car she was quiet and only gave me short responses. A lot of "uh-huh" and "yeah" responses. So, we get there and she's mostly all right. She's usually quiet in group settings so there wasn't anything odd about that, but then we leave and she's silent in the car on the way home. We get to my house and she sits in a chair by herself, not on the couch next to me. And she just watches the Olympics. Now, I'm sort of annoyed. I am very affectionate and I long for affection from her...and she knows this. For her to not want to sit by me, kiss me, hug me, let alone actually talk to me, was very disappointing. I decided to go to bed at 10, so we did and she got in bed without saying a word to me. I finally said goodnight and I kissed her and went to sleep. The next morning...same thing. I make us breakfast, we eat in bed and she says nothing to me. After we finish and we lie there for a while I just turn on a movie. When it's over she gets up, gets ready to go home and then she goes home. Later in the day I send her a text saying that I'm not sure what i did wrong, but it feels like she's breaking up with me. She responded with "I was having a bad day. Not everything is about you." So, the one day a year that actually is about me is not about me because she's having a bad day? I don't get it. It just feels like she was being incredibly selfish. Like she decided that her bad mood was going to rule the day. I also don't get why if she was having a bad day that she didn't say something to me or let me know what her deal was. Instead she acts like she'd rather be anywhere but with me on my birthday and, honestly, it really hurt me. So, I guess, I'm wondering if this is her way of getting me to end our relationship???

  2. #2
    curious11
    Silver Member curious11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    583
    Gender
    Male
    Its a possibility. Usually what our heart is telling us is true. But, for the most part, we ignore it.

    The only thing you can do is sit back and relax and just be happy with yourself. Take the focus off her, and dont bug out about it. Take a few nights and have some fun. Give her some space.

  3. #3
    alli
    Platinum Member alli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,468
    Gender
    Female
    Thanked
    306
    I would ask her why she was having a bad day & see what she says. Kind of sounds like she probably wouldn't give you a straight answer anyway.

    If she continues acting weird, I'd straight up ask her if she wants to break up.

  4. #4
    Sanesoul
    Platinum Member Sanesoul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,324
    Gender
    Female
    Thanked
    4
    Given your history with her, I'm not sure I would have the mental energy to stay with her. Despite whether she wants to break up with you or not, she is messing with your head and making you miserable.

    I would rethink the relationship and decide if all this is worth it.

  5. #5
    mr.mac
    Silver Member mr.mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    40
    Posts
    609
    Gender
    Male
    Quote Originally Posted by curious11 [Register to see the link]
    Its a possibility. Usually what our heart is telling us is true. But, for the most part, we ignore it.

    The only thing you can do is sit back and relax and just be happy with yourself. Take the focus off her, and dont bug out about it. Take a few nights and have some fun. Give her some space.
    I agree and I'll try.

    Quote Originally Posted by alli [Register to see the link]
    I would ask her why she was having a bad day & see what she says. Kind of sounds like she probably wouldn't give you a straight answer anyway.

    If she continues acting weird, I'd straight up ask her if she wants to break up.
    I asked what was wrong. And I mentioned that it felt like I had done something to upset her. She said I did not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Insane Heart [Register to see the link]
    Given your history with her, I'm not sure I would have the mental energy to stay with her. Despite whether she wants to break up with you or not, she is messing with your head and making you miserable.

    I would rethink the relationship and decide if all this is worth it.
    Insane Heart, I didn't realize you were up to date on all my relationship craziness. Nutty, eh?

    As far as rethinking...she sent me a text saying that we had to have "a serious talk"

  6. #6
    ToF
    Platinum Member ToF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    US
    Posts
    4,321
    Gender
    Female
    Thanked
    1
    I just went through and read a lot of your posts, and it sounds like you've had A LOT of issues with this girl.

    May I ask...what about this relationship is worth it to you?

  7. #7
    oldenoughtoknow
    Platinum Member oldenoughtoknow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Age
    56
    Posts
    2,923
    Gender
    Male
    Thanked
    1
    It sounds like she is ongoing bad news. Not even any birthday nookie? No B&B? Sheesh! That's happened to me once before, and I turned it into a huge argument before "my day" was over - we broke up two months later. She obviously doesn't have any respect for you. And then she had the nerve to tell you to not think it's all about YOU?!? Don't put up with that kind of crap. Life is TOO short.

  8. #8
    lostandhurt
    Platinum Member lostandhurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    California
    Age
    52
    Posts
    6,305
    Gender
    Male
    Thanked
    1619
    This stuff is still going on???
    I think the serious talk is way over due. Before the talk think about what you want out of life and a relationship. Has any of this been what you want? I don't think so.
    Sharing the good times and bad is what relationships are all about and she wouldn't tell you what she was feeling?
    I won't write what I first thought when I read your post but I will tell you I have a very bad feeling for some reason. For a moment leave her out of everything and think about just you and your life and what you want. Then bring her back into the picture. What do you see?
    One last thing. Say you were single and your friend wanted to fix you up with this girl and he described your gf to a tee. I mean everything! All the drama, all the problems and the numerous other things. Would you go out with her?

    Lost

  9. #9
    mr.mac
    Silver Member mr.mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    40
    Posts
    609
    Gender
    Male
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistOfate08 [Register to see the link]
    I just went through and read a lot of your posts, and it sounds like you've had A LOT of issues with this girl.

    May I ask...what about this relationship is worth it to you?
    When she wants to be fun and be in a good mood I have lots of fun with her. I keep hoping that she will trend towards being in an agreeable mood more than not, but she is regressing, obviously.

    Quote Originally Posted by richpart [Register to see the link]
    It sounds like she is ongoing bad news. Not even any birthday nookie? No B&B? Sheesh! That's happened to me once before, and I turned it into a huge argument before "my day" was over - we broke up two months later. She obviously doesn't have any respect for you. And then she had the nerve to tell you to not think it's all about YOU?!? Don't put up with that kind of crap. Life is TOO short.
    No birthday nookie. A peck hello and a peck goodnight was all I got. I don't even mind the lack of sex, but the coldness that I felt from her really stung (and still does).

    Quote Originally Posted by lostandhurt [Register to see the link]
    This stuff is still going on???
    I think the serious talk is way over due. Before the talk think about what you want out of life and a relationship. Has any of this been what you want? I don't think so.
    Sharing the good times and bad is what relationships are all about and she wouldn't tell you what she was feeling?
    I won't write what I first thought when I read your post but I will tell you I have a very bad feeling for some reason. For a moment leave her out of everything and think about just you and your life and what you want. Then bring her back into the picture. What do you see?
    One last thing. Say you were single and your friend wanted to fix you up with this girl and he described your gf to a tee. I mean everything! All the drama, all the problems and the numerous other things. Would you go out with her?

    Lost
    Still going on. You make lots of good points. And after my original post she has said all sorts of random things to me. Things that were "disturbing" about my birthday night. It was like everything I said was analyzed and taken out of context to the point that she is questioning me about everything that said to other people. For example I mentioned to my brother's new girlfriend that we should all get together for game night. I have other friends that want to do things, but we can never get things worked out, so I randomly thought, on my birthday, that a game night would be a fun way for everyone to get together and socialize. That was apparently disturbing. I have no idea why. I don't know if it was disturbing because she doesn't like to play games or because I didn't first discuss it with her. I have literally no idea. It popped into my head and I threw it out there. It wasn't like I just wrote a new scripture passage into the bible of our life or anything. Just a random thought. She is making me want to scream the f-word.

  10. #10
    VeraLynn
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    85
    Gender
    Female
    I don't think she's trying to get you to end the relationship-- but I think the work a relationship requires is really off balance. If she's truly that selfish you should take a few weeks to yourself and figure out if it's what you want. Plus, a few weeks of "space" might actually help her realize that you're truly important and you do matter too. When I was about 1 year into my relationship mine was treating me the same way; he took me for granted. I decided to clear my head and took a one week vacation to get away from stress. I didn't call and made it a point to leave my phone off just to be away from the norm-- when I got back, boy was he different! It gave him the chance to miss me.. sometimes that works wonders.

    I do commend you though, not a lot of guys would go through what you are (I read your prior posts). She needs to realize that you're a prize and I think you need to realize it as well. There are tons of girls that would appreciate your actions, I recommend you re-evaluate the situation and find out what you truly want. Put her wants aside and act on what you want and what makes you happy. Life shouldn't be a struggle all of the time, nor should relationships.

  11.  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Top Threads
My boyfriend is trying to date other woman on online dating site.
I really need help. I am so confused. My boyfriend is on online dating site. He said he wants to date other women. We were on and off relationship
Parent and relationships problems
So clearly i need help sooo i will get right into the story.....sorry its so long I am a 25 year old male who is in a relationship with my 19
Am I asking for too much in my relationship?
I have been dating a guy for 4 months that is a coworker. He expressed interest in me for a year before but I was devastated over a previous
Gf slept with someone else before we are official.
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=&]Have been with my gf for 4 months and there have been ups and downs which I have worked through - but I guess im secretly
Bumped into my ex, says she wants me back.????
Right, bumped into my ex last night, walking through the city park... Got chatting, very nice calm surroundings.. Trees, grass, sunshine, I
Confused about FWB
Last weekend my FWB and I made plans to meet up. He drove down from his place to go to a party with friends, afterwards he was coming to spend the
Bf Conversation
Bf told me that our relationship it is only for fun, because I live too far. And that it will take time for me to relocate, and that he is not

Featured Threads
Parent and relationships problems
So clearly i need help sooo i will get right into the story.....sorry its so long I am a 25 year old male who is in a relationship with my 19
My boyfriend is trying to date other woman on online dating site.
I really need help. I am so confused. My boyfriend is on online dating site. He said he wants to date other women. We were on and off relationship
My wife left me without having even a talk
Hi everybody, I wonder if this is normal just to leave a marriage of 7 years without having a proper talk before moving on? It happened to me that
Confused about FWB
Last weekend my FWB and I made plans to meet up. He drove down from his place to go to a party with friends, afterwards he was coming to spend the
Everything is just JUMBLED
I have an extremely, EXTREMELY screwed up life. At least from my point of view it is. At least I think I'm the only one that knows my own
Getting over someone to be with them again later?
Long story short, my ex broke up with me after 4 years because he said he was immature and needed to grow up without me and part of that was meeting
Need Advice - it's urgent for me
Hello Everyone, I meesed up my life and I take full responsibilty. I ned advice and what to do to remedy the situation immediately and prevent it
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •