3 ex'es and engaged again?

KG

A friend called last night to tell me he was engaged again. This is his 4th.....first one ended five years ago, then each year he's engaged, married, and divorced by years end.

Why do 50 year olds act so impulsively? And he had the ***** to ask me when I was going to marry my G/F.....

Just a rant, I feel bad for him, can't find happiness.

That's the thing about looking to someone else for your happiness, it is impossible for someone to make you happy and even if they try it can't be sustained for any length of time until they burn out or the seeker looks elsewhere.

We all know someone that has to get the next new thing to try and keep them happy whether it is a wife, car, boat or whatever new gadget that comes along.

I hope they have a long engagement.

Feeling a little better today?

Lost

Sorry to hear today isn't any better. The attacks may be self fulfilling especially this time of year.

Distraction may help. To much down time will allow the bad thoughts to consume your every moment. Don't try and be a tough guy and take your meds if you have some.

I am sure you will make it through this weekend okay.

Lost

Sorry to hear today isn't any better. The attacks may be self fulfilling especially this time of year.

Distraction may help. To much down time will allow the bad thoughts to consume your every moment. Don't try and be a tough guy and take your meds if you have some.

I am sure you will make it through this weekend okay.

Lost

Doc said take when needed, so I am.

A friend called last night to tell me he was engaged again. This is his 4th.....first one ended five years ago, then each year he's engaged, married, and divorced by years end.

Why do 50 year olds act so impulsively? And he had the ***** to ask me when I was going to marry my G/F.....

Just a rant, I feel bad for him, can't find happiness.

I'm seeing the same thing on both sides of our family, KG. Some people just can't bear being single. My sister is on her 4th. Husband's sister is on her 3rd. And those are just hanging by a thread. I feel sorry for all the children involved, most of all.

I'm seeing the same thing on both sides of our family, KG. Some people just can't bear being single. My sister is on her 4th. Husband's sister is on her 3rd. And those are just hanging by a thread. I feel sorry for all the children involved, most of all.

Luckily, no kids involved.

Perhaps it's harder to take it slow the older you get because part of you is wondering how many chances you have left.

Of course that's not accurate because people find love at all ages but maybe he's got the 'why wait!' bug.

Yeah, but that's a lot of $$$ on rings! Unless he "recycles".

Archived