7 months and back tracking

ex sweatheart

I broke up with my ex a week or so ago as we had been together for 7 mths and i wanted know where it was headed, i have an 11 yr old daughter and have been down the road of 3 yrs and no future before so wasnt willing to wait for another nightmare.

- we met and spent nearly every day together, this reduced due to work commitments after a few weeks

- he chooses to work hrs that conflict with my work hrs and only see me late at night when im exhausted

- he spends a lot of time with my friends and daughter, he loves them and enjoys the time but does not ever invite or include me in his life, family, freinds or otherwise

- he told me he was in love with me 3 months into the relationship then when we had the chat a month ago he said he liked me

- he said he wants to continue this relationship but cannot promise or guarantee any commitment now and doesn't know if he will be able to in a year

- he had a serious relationship for several years 8 months before we met that was difficult and drama filled

- he has never been with a single mother and whilst he is great with my child im wondering if this is a bit to scary for him

i could keep babbling for ages but in short he is a great guy but i don't know if he is just not that interested or if he is scared

He doesn't seem to know what he wants. Decide what you want out of the relationship and then try and fullfill your needs! remember you have a child so obviously you think of her first so if there is no future with this guy and he can't give you the stable home,family that you and your daughter needs then you need to really think twice about him!

I agree with Scarlet_1. Especially with an 11 year old child, you need someone who will be willing to help you create a stable home life - not to mention the fulfillment aspect for you. Go with your gut and your gut pointed you towards a break up. If you really don't feel that you have a sense of clarity yet, you could wait it out a bit longer, but in my experience, intuition is rarely wrong.

• 4 weeks later...

he said he wants to continue this relationship but cannot promise or guarantee any commitment now and doesn't know if he will be able to in a year....

hes not ready, but hes not ready to leave yet... and hes never going to be ready. you made the right choice, cos in 3 yrs, he'll still be saying the same thing... youve been there before... smart move to follow your instincts

Archived