I miss my girlfriend soo much now it hurts

bumpythump

My girlfriend has just gone to Canada for a few weeks and even though it has been less that 24 hours I miss her so much, I can't sleep properly, I wake up and my heart beats really fast, I want to be able to hold her in my arms, the next two weeks will be the hardest of my life.

I have been through some real crap in the last few months, but looking back that was easy to get through. Right now I just want to go to the airport and get on a plane and go and find her.

I know she misses me as much but it hurts so much to know she is so far away.

I have planned trips to friends in the coming weeks to keep me busy but I don't know how I will cope!

Any advice, or should I jump on a plane!

Take a step back dude, don't jump on a plane, nore should you text or call her every hour, it will scare her away and show you have trust issues. A friend of mine went to vegas few years back for a few days and her BF texted and called her non-stop, in the end she had a awful time didn't have anytime to have fun.

Just bite your hand and come on here, lot of very helpful people. If you contact her maybe every few days s simple: "hey whats going on hows your trip ?"

bumpythump, it's very tough being separated from someone you care about. I think it's a bad idea to jump on a plane, though, tempting as it seems!

Even though it seems impossible, remember that it's only for a few weeks, and that any relationship worth the name is capable of withstanding a little separation. It's good that you have arranged to text and talk, but remember it's also important to keep yourself busy and distract yourself from feeling down.

Posting on here is good too!

rest assured texting and calling her will not scare her! We have agreed that we'll do that every day!

I'm not saying if you text once a day or call it wil lscare her away just don't do it every hour or 3 hrs. Personally if that was my GF i would wrote to her every 2 days, that way it wouldn't show that i can't live a day without her. Just watch what you say and how its said.

I'm not saying if you text once a day or call it wil lscare her away just don't do it every hour or 3 hrs. Personally if that was my GF i would wrote to her every 2 days, that way it wouldn't show that i can't live a day without her. Just watch what you say and how its said.

Isn't that what love is though, not being able to live without the other person?

It's just a couple of weeks. Relax. My boyfriend LIVES in England!! THAT is a long distance relationship. Sure you miss her but again, just a couple of weeks. It will be over before you know it. The first couple of days are always the hardest. Start makng plans for when she gets back. Honestly, you sound really codependent if you're this upset about just a couple of weeks apart. You might want to look more into that.

It's just a couple of weeks. Relax. My boyfriend LIVES in England!! THAT is a long distance relationship. Sure you miss her but again, just a couple of weeks. It will be over before you know it. The first couple of days are always the hardest. Start makng plans for when she gets back. Honestly, you sound really codependent if you're this upset about just a couple of weeks apart. You might want to look more into that.

Paul and Linda McCartney only spent 11 nights apart in their relationship of over 30years because he was in jail for taking pot! I think if you truly love someone you can't be without them, or should never want to be without them and if that's possible then why should that be a problem?

Paul and Linda McCartney only spent 11 nights apart in their relationship of over 30years because he was in jail for taking pot! I think if you truly love someone you can't be without them, or should never want to be without them and if that's possible then why should that be a problem?

When did i ever say you should [want] to be away? No one wants to be away from a SO. You think I'm choosing to be an ocean away? No. But what I'm saying is that you need to put this into perspective. This is not a long distance relationship. She's gone for a couple of weeks, then you'll be back together again.

Space every now and then is a healthy thing. Your SO shouldn't be the only person to occupy your time. There needs to be balance. I think this time away is a good thing because you (both?) come off as too needy.

When I read the title, I felt sorry for you because I thought you might be in a similar situation to mine, where it genuinely is a long distance relationship (though not for lack of trying. Visas are complicated and messy). You need to gain perspective. It's a couple of weeks out of your WHOLE life.

And now she's dead, learn your lesson.

On a serious note though, actually I disagree... if you truly love someone then you'll be able to endure seperations knowing you'll be with them again... obviously there's a limit to how long a seperation you can endure, but a few weeks is waaay under the limit of most normal relationships, I see no way why, if you love her, you won't be able to endure this.

Of course no-one 'wants' to be apart, but such is life that if you are a normal couple, you can't spend every single day together. You should consider her perspective. If she is 'normal' then even though she misses you she's probably very calm over the whole separation because it's only for a few weeks and if you're going crazy over it and risking turning up in Canada then that might scare her a bit.

yeah man you got it easy!! few weeks!! thats it!? my gf lives in england and i live in the states....we only get to see each other 2 weeks at a time, and spent 2-3months-ish apart!! i wish it was a few weeks and then together for good!!! man!!

It is hard being apart i know this for sure, i just got back from visiting my gf today back to Long distance....again.. I try to look at it as its until next time not goodbye. Use this time to try to reestablish yourself without her, could be good for you guys.

Somedays are harder then others for sure, especially when going through rough periods or a bad day week. just try and keep busy.

Archived