Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I don't grow hair under my arms?

anya85
    Bronze Member

I don't grow hair under my arms?

I'm a 25 year old caucasian woman--and I've never grown any hair under my arms; completely clear and hairless there. Isn't that strange? I grow the usual peachfuzz woman hair all over my body and the normal hair "down there"; I got my period at the normal age(11), the other body hair grew in along with it, but nothing under my arms! This isn't a genetic thing, because all of the men & women in my family on both sides grow it.

Is anyone else like this? Is it possible this could be the cause of something odd with my body--like a hormone imbalance or something? Believe me, I don't miss having to shave or anything, I've just always found it strange.

peanutbutterandjelly
    Gold Member peanutbutterandjelly's Avatar
    im the same way. I dont know anyone else like this either. I consider myself very lucky lol

hahaha1021
    Wow. you guys are lucky!!! Im jealous.

Salicia
    Quote Originally Posted by hahaha1021 [Register to see the link]
    Wow. you guys are lucky!!! Im jealous.
    I totally agree with you on that one! To have no hair growing on my body except for my eyelashes, eyebrows and the hair on my head would be a godsend!

alli
    Quote Originally Posted by anya85 [Register to see the link]
    I'm a 25 year old caucasian woman--and I've never grown any hair under my arms; completely clear and hairless there. Isn't that strange? I grow the usual peachfuzz woman hair all over my body and the normal hair "down there"; I got my period at the normal age(11), the other body hair grew in along with it, but nothing under my arms! This isn't a genetic thing, because all of the men & women in my family on both sides grow it.

Is anyone else like this? Is it possible this could be the cause of something odd with my body--like a hormone imbalance or something? Believe me, I don't miss having to shave or anything, I've just always found it strange.
    I wonder if it could be genetic. Just because no one else in the family also doesn't grow hair does not mean it's not an inherited condition. Maybe you inherited 2 recessive genes, one from each parent, for hair growth under the arm. Or a genetic mutation?

If you are really that concerned you could talk to your Dr. I kind of doubt it's a hormonal imbalance.. you would probably have other health issues if that were the case. But I'm not a doctor.

greywolf
    I am jealous...

faithful14
    very jealous!

CaptainNapalm
    Gold Member
    Consider yourself lucky. I know a guy at work, in his 50's, who doesn't grow facial hair but the rest of the body does. It's how we're all different I guess. I wouldn't assume it's some imbalance.

jadenrain
    I'm with all of them jelous lucky

jengh
    *gamma rays of hatred and jealousy*

I have to shave EVERY day It's so irritating. Consider yourself super lucky.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Top Threads
Ladies: have any of you fainted/passed out while on period?
I'm asking because last weekend, during the first day of my period, I decided to go shopping and run errands. I was feeling fine until I got into one
Had sex w/bf for 1st time; to get all the way in, he had to get over a "hump"
He and I actually tried having sex last week for the first time; when he tried to get in, I found it painful so he took it out. We tried again like
bad teeth losing job
hi could someone help I have terrible mouth problems (gums and teeth) basically ot the point being harassed about it everywhere and likely to
Car motion sickness a week before period
Has anyone experienced it ? I mean as passenger in a bus and in car. ..right when i got outside i was fine...
She dosent wanna talk and idk why
I'm 17 never had and never wanted a realationship with some until I met this girl (who I'm going to refer to as M). M was perfect for me we liked the
Featured Threads
Is he just telling me what I want to hear?
I've posted on here a few times regarding my relationship. I finally built up the courage to break up with him. It's now been 5 weeks, yet due to our
Did the Psychologist get this wrong??
Me and my boyfriend have been together 8 years. We have not married or had kids yet which is more because of me in the sense I don't feel ready. He
Woman I'm dating revealed a lot about her sexual past
Hi Everyone, I'm a 28 year old male and have been going out with a 28 year old woman for about a month. Things have been going well and we have
Too Fussy?
So on my journey of recovering from a series of abusive and rubbish relationships Iíve come up with a list of deal breakers and a list of minimum
Is there still hope? Wanting to get back with Ex
I feel my hope of getting back with my ex is over for good. We broke up 12 months ago. I did the breaking up and during that time I've been begging
Sexual Chemistry or Comfort
Hi Everyone: I feel guilty for asking this, but here goes: I'm the type of person who is always in a relationship, most of the time they're
advice welcome
Hi all. Been with my wife for 20yrs, married 13yrs. Due to problems on both sides we split up in September. 2 weeks later she is in a rebound and
Ask For Advice