what do i do? i'm only attracted to skinny girls

i.need.help

by skinny i don't mean anorexic, but overall petite figure. but this seems to limit my chances. i don't exactly know why i feel this way. of course looks and personality is also important. grrr this is like a huge catch 22, i just want to get a gf so we can make each other happy but if she's not what i want physically i will always want more.

sigh...

Anytime you have a preference, you exclude people from being potential dates/partners. If you're looking to be in a relationship, that's the goal -- eliminate all but one, right?

We each get to pick our preferences. As long as you are civil, polite, and kind to those who do not fit your preferences, it's nobody's business what you've decided is important to you.

I've always been extremely attracted to petite women. My ex-gf was skinny when we met, but she gained weight during our 3-year relationship. At that point, you need to decide if your are in love with the girl or the body. I feel love is stronger than lust. So, if you think about it, you won't desire more, because you'll have HER and that's what will matter. I'm not saying start dating every women you see, but don't limit yourself to a very particular size or shape.

Many years ago I decided that I only wanted to date blond women. But, after meeting some wonderful women that did not have blond hair, I realized it didn't really matter. I love women for what is on the inside and not what's on the outside. Hopefully you'll realize this too.

OP: are you skinny too?

thanks for all the input. i'm 6 ft tall and 165 lb so i don't think u can call that skinny. i have a lean athletic build. when summer comes i plan on working out more. can't do this in the winter cuz i snowboard A LOT and i'm always sore after. right now i'm recovering from a small concussion i got two days ago LOL and yes i was wearing a helmet.

I dont really understand the point of this thread...it almost seems like you're looking to cause some drama what with all the fat vs skinny and looks vs personality discussions that are constantly popping up on ENA. I dunno..seems kinda weird. We cant really tell you why you prefer one body type over the other

Everyone has preferences. I prefer skinny guys, but being curvy myself this limits my chances as I find that many guys would prefer to date a women smaller than them. In all honesty I should change my preference as it would make things easier, but I like what I like so I gotta deal with it. Of course if you like someone and they are less than your ideal then definitely give it a chance, something great might come out of it. However if you're dead set on a petite woman then keep looking and you'll probably find one sooner or later.

im not skinny i am average with a HUGE chest and men tell me I am their first chub.....so f them and on to the next, it all comes down to what your attracted to....don't make it an issue and it wont be one!

I prefer shorter men with muscle and fat..... those also tend to be the ones with the low self esteem...go figure...

it's all preference....ive had my sexy muscle man tall ex husband and on..... b ut I prefer the shorter guys...they are just as attractive and more my type....

Well in cali there are alot of skinny girls. You wouldnt have any problem finding one you liked.

I live in the midwest and I've only met one girl that was really petite and skinny, and she lived an hour away. Apparently I just live in the wrong area. But, I'm 26 now and have noticed that, even with my lowered standards, most of the women I meet are either taken, promiscuous, or not looking for something long term. It's really hard to find the right person, and I think it's just getting more difficult as I get older. I'm not willing to date single moms either, and it seems like every girl around here is getting knocked up. If I could just get up and move, I would get out of here as soon as possible!

There are tons of women who are petite in both stature and figure. I'm surprised you're concerned about this.

Perhaps you can give us an example of how skinny you prefer. As possible examples, a body like Natalie Portman who is thin but not skinny, as skinny as Kiera Knightly (forget her height just look at her body shape) or someone else?

Perhaps you can give us an example of how skinny you prefer. ...

I don't know about the OP, but, for me, I don't really go for Kiera Knightly, as she has a muscular physique. When I think petite, I think of someone like Vanessa Lengies. I love short, skinny women, and it doesn't get much better than her. But, women like that don't exist around here. Even so, I am content because I am more concerned with values than body type. Hopefully the OP can come up with some other examples.

• 10 years later...
by skinny i don't mean anorexic, but overall petite figure. but this seems to limit my chances. i don't exactly know why i feel this way. of course looks and personality is also important. grrr this is like a huge catch 22, i just want to get a gf so we can make each other happy but if she's not what i want physically i will always want more.

sigh...

Everyone missed the point of op's post. Super skinny women are less than 2% of the westernized population. Meaning op's fetish attraction just eliminated 98% of all women op will be attracted to. It also applies to most women on the planet. BMI for healthy women less than 19 is RARE. BMI for healthy women under 17% is almost impossible to find. Most men in my opinion prefer BMI for a woman between 19-25% while most women prefer their own BMI 22-35%. It's more common to find women with BMI's over 40 than a BMI under 17 for a woman. Op is frustrated being attracted to very thin women making it almost impossible to find let alone be competing for her attention with so many other men trying to win over someone very Rare to find. It also creates a situation where number of men seeking her attention is far more than she can handle. Yes so it's terrible for a man to be attracted to super thin women because odds are very much against him finding her and having her like him back. Also most super thin women do not want to stay super thin and welcome weight gains as their metabolism slows down, she is thrilled to put on some extra weight and op is fearful he will become less attractive. It's not good to be attracted to something not available for most men. That's what op is saying in my opinion.

Everyone missed the point of op's post. Super skinny women are less than 2% of the westernized population. Meaning op's fetish attraction just eliminated 98% of all women op will be attracted to. It also applies to most women on the planet. BMI for healthy women less than 19 is RARE. BMI for healthy women under 17% is almost impossible to find. Most men in my opinion prefer BMI for a woman between 19-25% while most women prefer their own BMI 22-35%. It's more common to find women with BMI's over 40 than a BMI under 17 for a woman. Op is frustrated being attracted to very thin women making it almost impossible to find let alone be competing for her attention with so many other men trying to win over someone very Rare to find. It also creates a situation where number of men seeking her attention is far more than she can handle. Yes so it's terrible for a man to be attracted to super thin women because odds are very much against him finding her and having her like him back. Also most super thin women do not want to stay super thin and welcome weight gains as their metabolism slows down, she is thrilled to put on some extra weight and op is fearful he will become less attractive. It's not good to be attracted to something not available for most men. That's what op is saying in my opinion.

Thread is 10 years old. I'm curious to know why you revived it lol.

Archived