Ask For Advice

Thread: Guys: Why date polar opposite of your ex?

clarebear2486

Guys: Why date polar opposite of your ex?

Guys,

What would make you go for a girl that is the polar opposite of your ex when it comes to appearance and religion, when you said, you'd never date someone outside your religion. And its not a matter of the new girl having a better personality because your friends even complained to you that they preferred your ex.

Its complicated to write out; however, I find myself in the position of having questions concerning my ex's current gf. He's made it clear he's attracted to me, yet she looks nothing like me. Similar personality traits are present; moreover, he still talks to me and is flirtatious. Yet I can't for the life of me understand why he's with her when he knows how I feel about him, and his friends have even said he still has strong feelings for me. Why be with her?

I'm expecting the usual "personality outranks looks;" however, my exes friends have even commented that my ex even knows I have a better personality. HELP!!!

Cognitive_Canine
    Platinum Member Cognitive_Canine's Avatar
    His relations with one kind of person ended in heartbreak, so he's giving a new type of person a try and see if that works out better for him.

I think it's healthier than dating someone exactly like your ex....

clarebear2486
    Quote Originally Posted by Cognitive_Canine [Register to see the link]
    His relations with one kind of person ended in heartbreak, so he's giving a new type of person a try and see if that works out better for him.

I think it's healthier than dating someone exactly like your ex....
    We're VERY similar in our likes...sports, sense of humor, hell we obviously have the same taste in men lol! the only REAL difference seems to be in our appearance and religion. He always said he'd never date someone outside of his religion...yet he's Catholic & she's Jewish.

Cognitive_Canine
    Platinum Member Cognitive_Canine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by clarebear2486 [Register to see the link]
    We're VERY similar in our likes...sports, sense of humor, hell we obviously have the same taste in men lol! the only REAL difference seems to be in our appearance and religion. He always said he'd never date someone outside of his religion...yet he's Catholic & she's Jewish.
    You said she was polar opposite. And now you are saying the only difference is dress and faith.

As far as never dating someone outside of his religion....never say never.

cazmoore
    Well if you're that similar, you're not exactly 'polar opposites'. She's just Jewish and looks different than you. Not really that opposite. By anyway... why not? Why shouldn't he? Could just be something different that he fancied. Just wanted to try a different brand of girl.

JusticeLaw9
    Maybe for him she's a better fit, maybe he wanted to try something new. We can't always do the same thing everytime and expect different results.

Top Threads
Ex-boyfriend Stays out Late Every Night
My ex-boyfriend (together 2 years, lived together over a year) has been out at the bars until at least 11:00 pm (when he starts work at 7:30 am)
My boyfriend's ex is harassing me
Hello. I really need some help bc I don't know what to do and I'm desperate. I have a situation with my boyfriend's ex. When we started dating he
My ex bf is very confusing, what are his intentions
My ex and I were official for 3 months. We broke up in September. He was enamored with me, and thinking long term. For my bday he gave me a card that
Established Contact With Ex But Now She Is Ignoring Me Again??
Hey there, I sent my EX a closure letter 5 months after the break up. Almost as soon as she read it, she replied, apologized for everything & then
Ex-Girlfriend just wants to be Friends after breakup, but I want more.
Hey. Any help would be appreciated on this. My girl broke up with me after a fight recently. We were in a long-distance relationship. She lives in
Can't let him go
My boyfriend of two years broke up with me about 2 months ago fairly out of the blue. He said that i was the right person and it was just the wrong
Why now?
I had fallen for a man 1 year ago who had manipulated me on several levels. He dump me after a significant gift I had purchased for him (met someone

online counseling
Featured Threads
Ugly pictures
We had a professional photographer come in at work. I used the photo and put it on my dating profile. But when my Roomie saw it,she said take it
Not being "too" available.
I posted a few days ago about the younger guy I've been dating for 6 months and how he doesn't want to use BG/GF labels. I got some great feedback
I am having difficulty accepting my boyfriends bisexuality for no reason
So here goes; the main reason why I got this account here is probably because I am so ashamed of myself and that because I am surrounded by either
relationship advice
hi... I'll start by saying i'm a guy, i just really needed a woman's point of view for this, so i hope you can help me! My mom is paying for my
Seeing ex tomorrow..so confused. Need advice!
Hi everyone. I'm really confused with my ex. Dated two years; he was very hurt by the breakup. He hasn't dated many people, and I was his first
Needing advice and/or support with ex girlfriend
Ok. Long story short... I ended up in a serious relationship with my best friend of 7 years. The last 3 years of which we were in a serious
I really need some advice and a outside opinion
I really don't know what to do ... My girlfriend and I have been dating for about a year now she is no longer attracted to me but tells me she loves
Ask For Advice