"You're good for nothing."

vertigoxo

She is wrong. Usually people say these things when they feel them about themselves. She is wrong about herself too.

I agree with waveseer, from what I have seen and gotten to know of you, you are an amazing, strong, sweet, caring and genuine person. You need to get out of there. Your mom's abuse can't keep going on, she needs to realize that as a mother her job is to be there and support you not abuse you. I am so sorry that you are going through this. I know it is hard but please I beg you do not resort to hurting yourself again. I know you are strong!

She is wrong. Usually people say these things when they feel them about themselves. She is wrong about herself too.

She is 43 but acts like a dramatic, hormone-raging adolescent. Always yelling, always provoking fights in the house, etc.

I think I'm done referring her as my mother anymore. I won't say it to her face, but I think now's the time to get away from her, emotionally at least...

I agree with waveseer, from what I have seen and gotten to know of you, you are an amazing, strong, sweet, caring and genuine person. You need to get out of there. Your mom's abuse can't keep going on, she needs to realize that as a mother her job is to be there and support you not abuse you. I am so sorry that you are going through this. I know it is hard but please I beg you do not resort to hurting yourself again. I know you are strong!

Thank you so much for this, sweetheart, heck, you and waveseer made me feel better already! It's really hard because in the end, she's the reason I exist, live and breathe. She and my dad/her husband are the most irrational people in the world; They go by the notion of being against the world. "Never trust anybody.", "The world is evil and God will someday destroy everyone except us Christians.", etc etc....

I don't see things the way they do. I believe in forgiveness, I believe in helping my neighbors out, despite our differences... They are also pretty racist, especially against African Americans, and I'm not like that at all! It's just a constant negative energy around my home... Everyday is the same thing; I come downstairs, and my parents waits for me just so they can fight me. I get so anxious at the end of the day... Sigh.

yes she's definitely projecting her own misery...you're spectacular!!

Thank you dear! I remember reading somewhere, that when someone hates someone else, it's because they have something that the first person have within themselves that they hate. Projection, pretty much... I wonder what I have in myself that she finds in herself that she hates so much.

My parents have to me that. My mom has even told me to go to hell. However, your not good for nothing. Trust me your great at many things; however, she cannot see that. I guess all you should do is take it with a grain of salt and try not to let it get to you. I know thats hard to do.

Well honey come on here and you will see how manye people love you! I am so sorry about your parents, and even though they still deserve respect because they are your parents, they do not deserve you. I am trying to understand why she is like this! Makes me so mad....

ENA is awesome! Because people like you exist on here and it makes it all worthwhile to visit and relax around here, haha!

It is hard because like I've said in the past, I try to get along with them, but it's like... It's like high school to them, still. They see someone they don't like (me), and they go about spreading crap about me, ignoring me, verbally abuse me, etc. I have always eavesdrop on my mom's conversations about me to other family members in the house, and it's always bad things about me... Just like a bratty adolescent girl complaining about another girl she doesn't like in High School.

And it always hurts me in the end.

My parents have to me that. My mom has even told me to go to hell. However, your not good for nothing. Trust me your great at many things; however, she cannot see that. I guess all you should do is take it with a grain of salt and try not to let it get to you. I know thats hard to do.

Sheesh, your mom needs to chill. No offense.

It is hard... I try not to let it get to me but once it's said and done, it hits me like a bullet and the pain remains.

ENA is awesome! Because people like you exist on here and it makes it all worthwhile to visit and relax around here, haha!

It is hard because like I've said in the past, I try to get along with them, but it's like... It's like high school to them, still. They see someone they don't like (me), and they go about spreading crap about me, ignoring me, verbally abuse me, etc. I have always eavesdrop on my mom's conversations about me to other family members in the house, and it's always bad things about me... Just like a bratty adolescent girl complaining about another girl she doesn't like in High School.

And it always hurts me in the end.

Awww honey! You don't deserve this! You need to get out of there. Do you have plans to get out of there soon? I think you need to!

Awww honey! You don't deserve this! You need to get out of there. Do you have plans to get out of there soon? I think you need to!

Plans? I really wish I had one but I don't... I'm thinking maybe joining the Air Force (another ENA member suggested this and I thought it was a great idea.) since they pretty much take you out of the house and provide shelter/food/etc while serving there. Would also be for a good cause; I might help save my country and all that.

I'll die an American hero. (Hopefully by old age, lol!)

She is 43 but acts like a dramatic, hormone-raging adolescent. Always yelling, always provoking fights in the house, etc.

I think I'm done referring her as my mother anymore. I won't say it to her face, but I think now's the time to get away from her, emotionally at least...

I wonder if her hormonal state is making her crazy, or more crazy than usual. Was she always like this?

Plans? I really wish I had one but I don't... I'm thinking maybe joining the Air Force (another ENA member suggested this and I thought it was a great idea.) since they pretty much take you out of the house and provide shelter/food/etc while serving there. Would also be for a good cause; I might help save my country and all that.

I'll die an American hero. (Hopefully by old age, lol!)

Well if it something you are considering just think it through! I support whatever decision you make that gets you out of there ( just nothing crazy as I do not want you to get hurt )

The airforce is great. My fiance is in it and he likes it. They offer a lot of great services for the people in it as well as for families ( if you should ever choose to have babies and a husband )

American hero I like that, I think you are already your own special kind of hero! Just no dying please....

I wonder if her hormonal state is making her crazy, or more crazy than usual. Was she always like this?

Always. There will be moments where she's actually a decent person... But like a switch, she automatically acts very vicious and even violent.

Well if it something you are considering just think it through! I support whatever decision you make that gets you out of there ( just nothing crazy as I do not want you to get hurt )

The airforce is great. My fiance is in it and he likes it. They offer a lot of great services for the people in it as well as for families ( if you should ever choose to have babies and a husband )

American hero I like that, I think you are already your own special kind of hero! Just no dying please....

Your fiance is in the airforce? Man, that's real sweet, I hear they offer so many benefits for people like your fiance and for you and your future kids. What does he do, specifically?

I won't die! HAHA!

Always. There will be moments where she's actually a decent person... But like a switch, she automatically acts very vicious and even violent.

Your fiance is in the airforce? Man, that's real sweet, I hear they offer so many benefits for people like your fiance and for you and your future kids. What does he do, specifically?

I won't die! HAHA!

He fixes planes if I am not mistaken and some other stuff that he doesn't really discuss. hehe

Yes, from what I have heard they offer some great services especially for the spouses and kids!

Vertigo,

Are you the eldest?

Usually the eldest is the trail and error child for parents.

Some parents really suck first time round.

From what I know of you...you just have it rough.

There's only somethings you should listen to from you Mother.

Other things, just shut off.

What do you feel you are worth?

I see potential in you.

Sheesh, your mom needs to chill. No offense.

It is hard... I try not to let it get to me but once it's said and done, it hits me like a bullet and the pain remains.

No offense taken. My dad sometimes isn't any better. Now my sister is starting up to with these type of comments. I've herd them all: you're worthless, you're an idiot, you're stupid, you're lazy, go to hell, I never you with anyone, etc...

I know what the pain is like. I really really hate it when I hear other people have to go through this too. The pain from the words will always be there no matter what. I try to wash the pain away with alcohol, which helps temporarily. I try not to let it get to me either, but its hard. Life is tough for me in general especially with these type of comments, but I keep going and on, and the only thing that drives me in life is that its Glegend and Glegend on his own.

He fixes planes if I am not mistaken and some other stuff that he doesn't really discuss. hehe

Yes, from what I have heard they offer some great services especially for the spouses and kids!

You guys are so sweet, I'm gonna add a reputation point for anyone who posted here.

Man, I'm checking out their website and they have SOOOO many careers to choose from! They even have Mental Health services, I'm checking that out for sure!

That's cool, he sounds like he's happy with what he does! I hope I can find that happiness that you and him found... *sighs dreamily*

[QUOTE=In the Dark;3986842]Vertigo,

Are you the eldest?

I see potential in you.

I agree with In The Dark all the way!

You guys are so sweet, I'm gonna add a reputation point for anyone who posted here.

Man, I'm checking out their website and they have SOOOO many careers to choose from! They even have Mental Health services, I'm checking that out for sure!

That's cool, he sounds like he's happy with what he does! I hope I can find that happiness that you and him found... *sighs dreamily*

Trust me it is great and the best part is they help you go to school. It can definitely be an option for you. I know my fiance did it because he wanted a better life for himself and he always tells me it was the best decision he ever made!

Is she going through the perimenopause? I recall my mother was absolutely VILE at that time, and I had as little as possible to do with her for several years. As you say, as dramatic and full of mood swings as a hormone-raging adolescent.

Keep telling yourself that what she's saying to you is a reflection of who she is, not who you are! And don't, whatever you do, take it to heart, any more than you would a raging toddler who's shouting at you because they're not getting their own way!

Vertigo,

Are you the eldest?

I see potential in you.

Thanks, bro. I am the eldest, their first child. They used to spoil me when I was a baby... But around the age 12-13, that's when they decided, "Hey, she ain't all that. I hate her!"

I do see potential in what I can do and who I can become in myself as well... Thus why I'm checking out the Air Force and see what i can do there.

No offense taken. My dad sometimes isn't any better. Now my sister is starting up to with these type of comments. I've herd them all: you're worthless, you're an idiot, you're stupid, you're lazy, go to hell, I never you with anyone, etc...

I know what the pain is like. I really really hate it when I hear other people have to go through this too. The pain from the words will always be there no matter what. I try to wash the pain away with alcohol, which helps temporarily. I try not to let it get to me either, but its hard. Life is tough for me in general especially with these type of comments, but I keep going and on, and the only thing that drives me in life is that its Glegend and Glegend on his own.

Maybe you should keep them at arms length. This is what I'm planning to do in the future.... Marry, move really far from my parents (hell, another country sounds damn fine by me!), and just perform very light contact with them. Like, just a few cards for Birthdays, holidays, etc. But no more than one phone call every 3-4 months...

Thanks, bro. I am the eldest, their first child. They used to spoil me when I was a baby... But around the age 12-13, that's when they decided, "Hey, she ain't all that. I hate her!"

I do see potential in what I can do and who I can become in myself as well... Thus why I'm checking out the Air Force and see what i can do there.

Maybe you should keep them at arms length. This is what I'm planning to do in the future.... Marry, move really far from my parents (hell, another country sounds damn fine by me!), and just perform very light contact with them. Like, just a few cards for Birthdays, holidays, etc. But no more than one phone call every 3-4 months...

Just make sure that you think it over and that it is something you really want to do. Inform yourself and ask a lot of questions when you meet the recruter!

Archived