Ask For Advice

Thread: Can you be lovers then friends then lovers again?

Thinkingin10s

Can you be lovers then friends then lovers again?

Again, my backstory is out there, but I have had contact with my ex. I know she doesn't want me back, but damn this false hope. She said something about a dawson's Creekanalogy, where two characters reconnected after years.

She is dating someone now, as am I. She hassaid h doesn't mean anything to her, and that they are winding down, but has said this before and she is still dating him. She is heavily forcing the friend card on me. I am all or nothing, but cant seem to get the thought of this woman out of my life as a reality. For 5 years she was my everthing.

She has said my antics to get her back have only pushed her futher away. Thinking that we will never be a romantic couple again makes me so horribly depressed. I owe the new girl in my life 100%, but my love for the ex won't die...so can you be lovers then friends then lovers again?

epicproportion
    Thoughts like that are unhealthy for you, her, and your current SO. I think that it may be best for you to take a break from relationships in order to do a little self evaluation. Take some time to find out if you are still in love with the ex or just the idea of her.

Top Threads
Thinking about proposing without a ring.
So it's been a bit over three years now that I've been seeing my girlfriend. I'm really not a big-on-marriage guy altogether (certainly not opposed
How come I can't magnify the good?
I've noticed a pattern in myself as I get older; that I tend to inflate and ruminate over the small things and overlook the good, specifically when
Can't get over girlfriends past
I've been dating this girl for about 5 months and its going great. The only issue is that I can't get over her sexual history. There are several
Don't want to break up, terrified of moving in and her anger
So my girlfriend and I have been through a lot in the last five or six years, with many breakups and ups and downs but finally I feel like we're both
He doesn't want me to share a photo of us together online
I sent him a photograph of us today (which he had initially sent to me himself, saying how much he likes it) and asked 'Is it okay if i put this on
Is he still in love with his EX?
I met this great guy at work (last November), he just got out of a painful breakup (last September) during that time he kept communicating with his
Herpes
So someone i know just found out They have herpes. Tbey have been in a Relationship for a little over a year And never been with anyone else She

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Is he still in love with his EX?
I met this great guy at work (last November), he just got out of a painful breakup (last September) during that time he kept communicating with his
Can't get over girlfriends past
I've been dating this girl for about 5 months and its going great. The only issue is that I can't get over her sexual history. There are several
I dont like my girlfriends new piercing
So my girlfriend went and got nipple piercings knowing that i didnt like them and didnt tell me she was gonna get them. They are a really big turn
What I am to her ?
hey guys I want some counseling .. I met a girl online .. At first she said that she doesn't wanna fall for me and we will be just friends .. I said
I want my family back
Hi, I was dumped on New Years Eve by my ex girlfriend of 8 years whom I have a 6 year old with. We have been arguing for the past few months prior to
Anxious and depressed about being 32 yo and not married
I could really use some kind and encouraging words right now because I wake up every morning to an intense feeling of pain because I am alone. I'm 32
Ex (dumper) delays giving keys back. Why?
First time poster. Been viewing threads somewhat regularly for a few months now and figured I'd get a few opinions. I'll give a little of the
Ask For Advice