Ask For Advice

Thread: Dealing with a very depressed, negative, and emotionally needy... mother.

coldplay.

Dealing with a very depressed, negative, and emotionally needy... mother.

I just cant deal with it anymore, and it really hurts me deep inside about this.

My mother is slow, she if functional, but has learning disabilities, graduated highschool god bless her but doesnt have a fully working mind. Unfortunetly she also has clinical depression and its bad....

These two facts together just put her in immense pain, and she cant see that what shes doing is causing her this pain. Her and my father got a divorce, she cheated on him for whatever reason. So they naturally got a divorce. This ended her life as i knew her, multiple attempts of suicide, institutionalized several times. All while i was in college and just couldnt deal with it. So shes finally out of that, now heavily medicated... and just making the worst decisions. Spending obscene amounts of money on the stupidest things. Living in a terrible relationship with a man, just because she doesnt want to be alone.

And all this time, she looks at me as like the last link to my dad, which she just cannot get over, she blames herself, and just is self hating. So she like cherishes me... im the only source of her happiness, but she is never happy. She just talks about depressing stuff, cryptic crap like making sure im the benefactor on the will, about her dieing, about how she messed up. It just never ends... So it just turns into this miserable experience with her all the time...

My issue is i cant be around people like that... I have my own problems to deal with, she just puts me in the worst emotional state... she just sucks all the positive out of life. And the fact that im her sole source of happiness bothers me even worse.. Then all my actions directly effect her wellbeing, she doesnt find happiness from within herself, but from an outside source. Im really big into self help... ive tried to console her, but she just refuses anything except her own false reality... I cant deal with it.

So i decided that i cant travel with her on holidays anymore... thanksgiving i sat in a pile of her vomit from her last nights binge drinking, while we picked up some random freaky dude in god knows where, to go to my sisters, a 2 hours ride.... that took 4 hours... I wish i could just talk to her, or slap her so hard she stops all the crap... but i know it will never happen. How can i deal with someone like this, i mean i love her sure, but just wow.

EternalSingle
    I am sorry to hear that man. At some point in time blood begins to mean nothing and you have to live for yourself. Live your life and stop worrying abour her. You owe it to yourself.

lyzhysco

Hello

Out of the many posts, this one attract my attention. I believe it is possible for anyone to participate.

coldplay.
    Quote Originally Posted by lyzhysco [Register to see the link]
    Out of the many posts, this one attract my attention. I believe it is possible for anyone to participate.
    participate in what manner?

Im genuinely asking how i can help my mother, because i dont know how to.

Top Threads
Some help ladies
What does it mean when a girl shows a lot of hope for us and verbal effection but then I break trust and now she says she only liked me but now the
Found intimate pics of bf on Internet
Hi, I've been with my guy for 5 months but known him much longer. Overall he treats me well and is a good guy but I keep finding things about him
My boyfriend of almost 3 years has been lying the whole time.
I don't know what to do, or how to forgive him. We have been together for almost 3 years. We have been perfect, we have a 1 year old little girl
Boyfriend of 3 years is blaming me for his smoking
Hi everyone. First a little background info on the situation: We're both 26 and we met 3 years ago online (not on a dating site) where we maintained
Not being "too" available.
I posted a few days ago about the younger guy I've been dating for 6 months and how he doesn't want to use BG/GF labels. I got some great feedback
Jealous of my boyfriend's wild past
But not exactly how you would think. I've made my peace with his sexual past, it's his "fun" and wild past that I can't get over. My boyfriend
Long Distance Boyfriend Suddenly Wants Zero Commitment?
I hope I can get my head on straight by posting this here, and appreciate all advice possible. I've been dating my boyfriend Long Distance for

valendtine's  day counseling
Featured Threads
Ugly pictures
We had a professional photographer come in at work. I used the photo and put it on my dating profile. But when my Roomie saw it,she said take it
Not being "too" available.
I posted a few days ago about the younger guy I've been dating for 6 months and how he doesn't want to use BG/GF labels. I got some great feedback
I am having difficulty accepting my boyfriends bisexuality for no reason
So here goes; the main reason why I got this account here is probably because I am so ashamed of myself and that because I am surrounded by either
relationship advice
hi... I'll start by saying i'm a guy, i just really needed a woman's point of view for this, so i hope you can help me! My mom is paying for my
Seeing ex tomorrow..so confused. Need advice!
Hi everyone. I'm really confused with my ex. Dated two years; he was very hurt by the breakup. He hasn't dated many people, and I was his first
Needing advice and/or support with ex girlfriend
Ok. Long story short... I ended up in a serious relationship with my best friend of 7 years. The last 3 years of which we were in a serious
I really need some advice and a outside opinion
I really don't know what to do ... My girlfriend and I have been dating for about a year now she is no longer attracted to me but tells me she loves
Ask For Advice