I never get full. What does this mean?

hers

I can eat and eat and eat nonstop. I'm never full. If I do get full, it's not a my-pants-may-burst-open sort of full. Just a little bit of "ok, I guess I can stop."

I snack constantly. I work in a restaurant so I'm always eating something, like a few fries or some chips. I just left there and ate my manager's steak and another manager's burger that they didn't finish. I then ate a dessert that was available (not all of it...I shared that with someone). My boyfriend got onto me b/c he's making burgers for dinner tonight and I'm supposed to go to his house soon for dinner. I told him no worries, I'll still eat. I put back so much food but it doesn't really go anywhere on me. I'm curvy in my butt, thighs, and hips but no where else really. Is it a metabolism thng?

What's wrong with me? I've always been like this.

I snack mostly. If I do eat a meal, it's followed later by some snacking. I do tend to eat more in the colder months, though. Maybe that's what I'm going through? But I am like this in the summer months too, whcih is why it's confusing.

My typical eating patterns each day:

-Wake up, wait about an hour if possible to eat. I don't like to eat when I first wake up in the morning b/c it can hurt my stomach (dairy especially). Will eat cereal if I've been able to wait enough time. If not, I'll eat toast or something.

-Snack after a little while. Usually just something to grab at home, like a handful of something. Not chips or anything. Just anything around.

-At work, will snack on chips and fries throughout the shift.

-Eat as much as I can when I get home. Usually a "meal" of some sort. Since I hate cooking, usually just some chicken from the GF grill with BBQ sauce or some mac and cheese or something. Whatever I feel like making.

-Snack later...crackers, Ramen, whatever.

-If I've had a nap at any time of the day, I MUST eat when I first get up. If I don't, I'll be miserable and cranky, like my nap wasn;t finished. It's weird. I'll eat anything I can, even just a bite of something. Usually cereal or something.

So mostly snack stuff. Eat a lot of fast food (about 3x a week). Dine out at restaurants a lot...about 2x a week. Able to eat a lot of stuff (meals even) at my restaurant job also.

So a lot of my food is processed, preservative-full, high-carb, high-fat sort of stuff too. Does this mean anything?

Hmm as long as you don't look like Orca the whale, whats the issue?

Many WISH they could eat like that with no repercussions...I too am curvy, so thankfully I "gain " in the right spots, but still...I try to watch what I eat. Ironically though it seems like I gain weight MORE when I'm on a "diet", so I think I actually sabotage my efforts...by eating the WRONG things. Ugh..MY New Years resolutions include getting healthier and working out more often. Go figure..lol

I think the problem is what you're eating. Foods with protein and fiber keep you full, and the foods you're eating throughout the day are mostly empty carbs and high fat. So they provide a momentary satisfaction, but they aren't filling you up. Every time you eat, it should be a mix of protein, carb and fat. Healthy fats though.

Another factor is that you seem to do a lot of quick eating and eating on the go. It's "mindless" eating, which I do too. If you don't think about what you're eating, you're likely to eat more. That's why a lot of people recommend not eating in front of the TV and putting the fork down after each bite. I'm not saying I do that, just saying what I've heard haha.

Well sounds like you enjoy eating which isn't bad but I suggest cutting back on the carbs. Key is consume what you are going to use. Eating a large meal might sound good and taste good but if your body isn't going to burn it up then its going to areas you don't want it to go. During the winter months your body burns more calories in order to keep your body warm. Keep in mind it takes awhile for body to adjust to your new eating habit. I say give it a month. Hope that helps.

Your stomach muscle expands and contracts based on how much you eat. Chances are, you eat so much that your stomach finds it very hard to be full cos it is used to constantly being ''topped up'' with snacks.

Slowly cutting down on how much you eat per day will counter this and you will eventually learn when to stop eating and get that full feeling again. Remember, the natural size of your stomach is only the size of your fist, and you should eat accordingly. Only eat when hungry.

You know before I started my strict diet I was probably snacking much more than you. You could say I was even bridging meals in between and sometimes eating as much as 7times perday. My DNA is designed like those who can tip the scale at 500lbs, I will sit down and keep snacking even when I'm not hungry so I have be on top of what I eat constantly but since changing my diet it has made life much easer for me to keep things under control.

It could be something in your DNA is what I'm guessing. Do you gain any weight at all?. do you eat a lot but don't gain a pound? It could be a number of things, hormones, age, ext...ext....

Ok there's a few things here;

1) That is NOT a lot of food. Trust me. Unless I'm missing something, you are not actually eating much, it just seems like it because you're constantly doing it.

2) It's a very unhealthy diet. Very high in simple carbs(sugary foods), very low in protein, very high in sodium(salt) and I can't really tell but it sounds like it's also high in saturated fats.

3) Going on from point 3, simple carbs will make you hungry, or at least build cravings to eat again. Do you ever find you have some chips, but then want some more like 5mins later? Or fill yourself on lollies, then realise half an hour later you want another pack? It happens.

4) You didn't mention this, but how much water do you drink? Drink water all the time. When you are genuinely hungry, the body will let you know. But all this in between "kinda hungry I'll just have some chips" sort of feelings can easily be eliminated by drinking water. It'll keep you feeling fuller. Everyone says 2L a day but I'd even go as far as 3L because it sounds like you are always on your feet and are pretty busy. Don't gulp it down, but sip on it all day long.

5) Though you don't feel the weight packing on, once you hit a certain age it'll hit you. This diet will not only affect your weight but it's not good at all for the body or the heart.

I'm off to work now but I'll post back in here when I get a chance because I reckon there's a few simple things you could do to get into a healthy eating pattern.

My guess would be that you're eating too much processed food and empty carbs. Whenever I eat things that are carb-high and low fiber, I just never get full. If I eat a lot of green veggies, whole grain crap, I won't need to eat for hours. Also, things high in protein (portion of nuts) are good too.

Talus has a good point about the water (and a more detailed description of the carb thing than I gave, I'm lazy)... when you feel the urge to snack, drink a full glass of water. I do this and know I'm genuinely hungry if I can "feel" the water going down through my stomach. If the water just fills me up, then it was more thirst than anything.

well i ddin't give an accurate description of what i eat. actually when i was trying to write that post, i considered deleting it b/c it wasn't that accurate, as my cravings and types of food i eat change all the time. so i really do eat a lot. in the last 2 1/2 hours, i've had a burger (one made on the grill at home), a steak (from my job), a chicken sandwich (also from my job) and a big dessert from there too. ate some fries with the burger, then ate some chocolate stuff after i ate that. taht's in 2 hours! it's not a lot of time at all...that's enough for 3 whole meals!

i do need to drink more water. i druink a lot of unsweet tea but at work i'm always sipping on something b/c i run around so much, and i always drink water. if i drink something else, i drink a cone cup of lemonade watered down (1/2 water, 1/2 lemonade in a cone cup, so like a shot). i drink about one soda a day, if that, always with a meal, usually lunch. i dont like a lot of sugar except in desserts, most of which are just cake-like things over candy and such.

anyway, i think that may be more accurate for me.

I have the same problem. The only thing is that you are eating unhealthy high-carb high-processed food. I am eating fruits, nuts, whole grains and veggies. Always craving more...

Yes if you change what you eat, you may eat / snack less but it's also habits and mindset. It's hard to break.

I eat very little throughout a normal day, and I can't eat big meals in one go. But I've found if I snack constantly, I can put away far more food.

I think if you have a high metabolism then although you don't eat a lot in one sitting, you digest it so quickly that you get hungry sooner than other people might, so you eat a lot over a long period.

The solution might be to change what you're eating to go for the most filling foods possible so that you don't get hungry as quickly... or in the opposite direction, find foods that have so little calorie value that you can eat them to satisfy your desire to eat and not have to worry about how much you're eating. I think stuff like vegetables are good for that.

Oh hell yeah. I can eat almost constantly throughout the day, and not small meals either.

I can eat a full 750 gram steak with mash, prawns and vegies, and 15 minutes later eat a bowl of ice-cream and slice of cake like I never ate dinner.

I'm cutting portion sizes by 3/4 now, and having less often, it's working good but I'm always so hungry that I feel sick.

Archived