I just wish he was as excited as I am...

-Sanguine-

I feel like I'm more excited to see my boyfriend than he is me. I do know though, that I am a more vocal person about this stuff (he will tell me he misses me every once in a while) so I think it's something I just need to get used to. He really is a great boyfriend, this is just an area where we differ.

Anyways

I guess you could say my feelings were a bit hurt the other day (not sure if it's justified as I'm always second guessing myself...)

but my boyfriend made his facebook status "where should I be on New Years?"

and I don't know.. since he was choooosing to be working through Christmas and I haven't seen him for a month almost, I kind of assumed he would want to spend New Years with me? I didn't say anything to him about it, I wouldn't demand that he be with me.

My boyfriend has friends in many places and basically he moved to my town a year ago, made friends with all my friends, and so he misses the ones from where he used to live. Understandable, yes... so why do I feel like this?

This is my Christmas break, I get off until Jan. 10th. Right now his priority is working and making lots of money so he can get ahead. I get that.. but like I said.. he's been there for almost a month and he said he's not supposed to work more than 24 days at a time. He had made plans to come back on the 28th so I was very excited but now he said he might stay longer??

I think this is all my problem and he's not doing anything wrong. but I still feel hurt and like I'm more excited to see him.

I don't remember the last time I've spent more than two consecutive days with him. Since this is my break, I wanted to take advantage of that and I thought he might too. Gah, I feel like I'm being selfish but I feel upset at the same time.

I think your feelings are justified. Considering the fact that you rarely get to see him already, you would assume that you would see him on New Years, since you're not going to on Christmas.

Why not mention it to him?

I did text him after I saw his status

and said "I would love to spend New Years with you even if it's not in my hometown."

basically meaning that I would be willing to go with him wherever he wanted that night because I really just want to spend it with him.

He replied with some song lyrics about staying at the Holiday Inn, haha.. he is very random. But I'm not surprised, he didn't have an answer for me so he said that instead... I can't see him being able to go anywhere but my hometown for New Years since he doesn't have a car...

I think he knows that I would be upset if I can't see him. I've been stressing how long it's been. but then I feel like I shouldn't feel this way because he isn't as excited.. or doesn't say so.

the only thing I can see happening possibly (which would make me very upset) is that he would fly to the city where his friends live.. obviously meaning I couldn't see him. He hasn't indicated he would do that at all but I am being paranoid.

I see where you're coming from,

You would assume that he would respond that he would want to see you too, rather than listing some lyrics. Just to have some acknowledgment that he would want to be with you as well.

Why not just flat out ask him if he plans to spend New Years with you?

I see where you're coming from,

You would assume that he would respond that he would want to see you too, rather than listing some lyrics. Just to have some acknowledgment that he would want to be with you as well.

Why not just flat out ask him if he plans to spend New Years with you?

Exactly.

Part of me feels like he should at least give me that

but the other part knows how much he misses his other friends.. but then I tell myself that I'm putting him first so maybe he should too?

I think I will have to.

Why do you assume that his question meant that he was considering being anywhere without you? He could go to several places and still be with you?

Well, you may be right, but that doesn't seem likely. He can't go to several places. All his friends reside in different cities all over Canada, so he'd either be with me in my hometown, a city five hours from that, or on the east coast.

If he had planned for me to go to places other than where I live, with him, I know he would have mentioned it to me.. this isn't really like a "which bar in the city should I be at?" it's more of a "which city in Canada should I be in?"

Did he mention at all that he wanted to spend time with you and that you can join him?

yes, he did after I asked him why he wouldn't just go to that city if that's where he would rather be..

he said "I'd also rather be all over my gf too, ringing in the new year with a kiss from her."

that's really all I needed to hear, lol.

I know it's not in his nature to just say things like that but would that ever make my life easier! haha.

Archived