Hello all; im that annonying selfish, lazy kid with a lot of potential whos been blogging about getting my life in order since i started coming here. Well, quick update, on the verge of getting kicked out of my university maybe, I am going to seed what I could do to stay there. I am away from the hood isolated away from all the drugs, parties and females. I am studying electrical enigineering but I want to make money quick. I'll like to hear how you guys make money, what do you do for a living, because I am also on the verge of getting kicked out my house. Im 21, sisters who support and care for me are feed up of me never coming home and just being the black sheep of the family.

I think im sucidal but not in the way where ill cut myself or shoot myself with a 360. Im more of the type that gets into fights at clubs, parties, streets when im feeling angry, lonly, mad, sad, agony, pain, disconfort, ect. I never robbed anybody, but two people; one guy jumped me for no reason so I got him back and took his hat, wallet, cell phone a while back and it was easy money. Some other guy at a club punched me inside because i was dancing with his girl i got kicked out he didnt i waited and jacked him for his money too. Both casses I swear it was just the anger but something in me wants to keep coming up. I never licked stealing because i know it comes back to you. And if you get locked up for stealing, specially you own race or some innocent person, theyll be calling me into the showers everyday; and that is something I dont want.

Im stressed right now, looking for an easy way out. I know i got myself in this hole due to my poor choices but I want out. I am too smart to end up in jail, I swaer couple quarters ago i was making the curves in calculus, English I has the highest grade, but i stopped going to school and just mest up. I studied before 12hours daily and it felt good i just cant seem to get my grrove back. I used to be in great shape too.

I be thinking of doing stupid things at times and i hate my thinking. I know thinking is all psychological; and right now im confused. I think about joining the Navy too, but I dont want to end up being a corrupt cop, I live in Los Angeles and Orange County and both sides of town abuse power. I know it for a fact I know some corrupt pigs but i dont like them foos I dont trust them.

I want to make money, I be thinking I should maybe start rapping, get my life story out there, my father was an alcoholic who used to beat me when i was young and the streets raised me. I spent holidays with other families, friends getting drunk partying and with females. I want to get a new career started maybe, I also have dreams of finishing my engineeing degree, and going to lawschool, but theres a bunch of distractions that hold me back, a bunch of people who enable me.

I know I am just being selfish but how do you break that cycle. I wish there was someone to help me before its too late. I asked for help but no one really listens i Guess. I am at the point of no return, I dont know what to do. I need help am willing to go to any lenght to get the help but I need someone i trust and could be honest with.

I am not scared of anything anymore, not even getting jumped. I bike at midnight around orange county, I seen skin head and I know i should no bike through there but I do it anyways (im mexican) But i do get my act together at times and act right. Theres people that dont know this side of me, they just think im innocent, helpful, funny, and a nice guy. I ned help but I also need money. Anybody out there who can change my life and help me Ill really appreciate it. I dont want to live like this anymore. I dont want to hurt anybody or myself.

I guess I am just loosing respect of myself. hELp please anyone

Okay. You want out, so get out. Stop this path of self-destruction you're heading down. You're acting in a way that you know is wrong - you've admitted this and now you have the chance to change it.

First of all, don't tell yourself that you're "too smart to end up in jail," because you're certainly not acting smart. Instead of saying that, tell yourself to SMARTEN UP. Stop getting in fights with people: that doesn't make you suicidal, it makes you masochistic. You're using fights as an excuse to release anger, frustration and stress...but it's not healthy and it's exactly as you said: gonna keep making things worse.

There is no such thing as a get rich quick scheme. There is luck, sure...just as luck is involved when you win the lottery. But if you want to start making income, then make sure you stick to your schoolwork, don't get yourself into debt, and pick up constructive hobbies on the side.

If you want to succeed and you want self-respect then here is your first step: own up to the way you're acting. That means to realize what you're doing, be honest with yourself, don't sugar-coat it or excuse it in any way, and then STOP. Become more constructive. Get involved with groups that are productive, not destructive. Meanwhile, never give up on your education. Get an internship - if you want to start making money fast, then the best way to do that is to get your foot in the door of an industry that you find interesting.

It's good that you're able to admit these things. Now start acting on the reality of it.

It sounds like you've got a lot going on at the moment.

As of right now, I am not working, but there are plenty of ways to make money without resorting to theft or illegal activity. For example, you could take a course to become a C.N.A. (the courses are about 3-8 weeks long, depending on where you go), and work the night shift. It's not a glamorous job, but if you are in need of money, something like that is an option. Another option is taking a temp job. In either case, you can find work during hours that you are not in school.

I really, really urge you to finish that engineering degree. You will be so much better off in the long run if you finish that degree. You will be able to find a stable job that will pay enough for you to get on your feet and have your own place. And then, if rapping is still your dream, you can pursue it on the side without worrying about how you are going to get paid.

As for your aggressive feelings and your concern about being suicidal, I would encourage you to talk to a counselor. A professional can help you work through those feelings and help you get on the right track. A lot of universities have free counseling services.

I look at this post and all I see is a towering monument of potential disaster. (I don't mean that as an insult.)

I have never wanted to help a stranger on the Internet as much as I want to help you.

Step One: admit that one or two of your problems might be your own fault. If you are occasionally overcome with the uncontrollable urge to beat up random strangers at clubs, then you should have sought out psychiatric help the first time it happened. If you would not describe it as an "uncontrollable urge" then it's your fault for choosing to do it.

Step Two: quit drinking. I have a theory that Canadians and Americans don't know how to drink properly, becuase our legal drinking age is too high. My Russian friends all learned to drink in warm, supportive environments with their parents who were experienced drinkers. Consequently, they don't do stupid stuff like pick fights when they drink. If you think you might have a physical dependency to alcohol, call AA. (It's free.)

I'm the technical director at a popular nightclub in Toronto that caters to the hip-hop/R&B crowd. I've seen ALL KINDS of bad drinking behaviour. Nothing surprises me anymore!

Step Three: narrow down your list of possible career choices to two or three. Then, research the hell out of them. You seem a little unfocused and scatterbrained. EVERY career choice contains major investment and compromise, and this isn't a choice to be made lightly

Step Four: don't bet your entire life on a career as a rapper. There is a lot of struggling talent out there, in all musical genres, and in the visual arts. Music should be a hobby, not a career, especially during a year when you have a short-term cash-flow issue.

Chew on that for a while and I'll tell you what Step Five is.

Have a great day! I am sending a hug in your direction (no homo)!

But I feel LAzy, like doing nothing at all, I dont know why. How do you over come excusses? I need some tough love I think, someone just let loose on me man I need help honestly

Or maybe you need Prozac. That lazy feeling might simply be undiagnosed depression that stems from PTSD from your childhood. I think the first thing you should do is seek counseling or a psychiatric evaluation.

But i dont pick fights with just anyone. It's usually for a reason, I mean i could walk away but i dont because i just dont care anymore. MAn Im just all over the place i need tough love man, i need to move the hell put of here. just tell me all your steps so i read them incase i never return but i plan to stick aorund i know theres light under the tunnel. I want to be a professinal texas holdem player too. Man im so childish I am just typing what is runing through my head right now. I think I was want attention, recognition, someone to feel sorry for me and help me and so * * * * en selfish that i hate that quality in me so much. i want to change and i will i just need to focus and do it get a move on get my act together.

As Henry Fielding (or was it Shakespeare?) once said: "but me no buts."

You remind me of myself because when I was nineteen I started flunking university courses, partly because I was completely de-motivated and partly, I guess, because I was angry at the world and wanted to make a flaming wreck of myself, to make myself an example of the utter pointlessness of everything. (I ALMOST started getting into fights. ALMOST.) I had to hit rock bottom - hard, and for a very long time - before I started to reorient myself.

The fact is that university is an awful environment for a certain personality type. I sense you might be the kind of guy who'd rather do something than just read about people who've done things, or about theorems. And that's fine! A lot of very bright people think that way. How did you end up in university in the first place? Was there a lot of pressure from your family?

I think you should leave the option of the military open for yourself. I have a few friends who are army veterans (no navy veterans though), and a few of them regret it, a few of them don't. However, they ALL said that their recruiters were liars, so proceed with caution.

I'm just making it up as I go along but I guess step five might be: talk to the guy who works on your bike. Ask him if he took a course in bike repair, at the local trade school or whatever, or if he's completely self-taught. Ask him if he's happy.

I can't provide you with the kick-in-the-ass that you need but I'd be happy to follow up with you by PM or email.

I need some tough love I think, someone just let loose on me man I need help honestly

Well, you did ask.

So to summarise - you're at university studying for an engineering degree but for whatever reason you might get kicked out. Despite this, you think you could somehow make the jump from engineering to law school, an area which has high standards especially concerning written and verbal communication. You say you used to be in shape and a smart guy who studied a lot, but you've 'lost your groove' and now all you think about is getting rick quick by rapping or playing poker, two industries which are full of people who have been doing it for longer and have more passion and determination for their goals. You also beat up people who start on you and take their things and sell them.

What are you doing with your life? Since you're here asking for help you obviously know you're not on the right track, or at least you're perilously close to coming off it.

These 'get rich quick' schemes are ridiculous. Poker is full of wannabes and you have to be very determined and very good at it to make any significant amounts of money. Rapping... how many young men in your situation do you reckon think 'I've had a hard life, I bet it'd make awesome music'? Hundreds. Everyone's got a story to tell. Maybe if you were truly passionate about these things you'd have a chance, but you only want to pursue them because you want some fast cash.

Finish your engineering degree. Get a job. Get your own place and stop worrying your sisters. You're 21, they shouldn't have to be worrying about where you go and whether you'll even come back. You know what the sensible options here are, you're just looking for an easy way out that doesn't involve having to actually work to achieve something. So many young people have this 'I want it now' attitude. It'll get them nowhere, because at the end of the day it's your responsibility to sort your own life out, and it's not going to happen overnight. Be a man and look after yourself.

Hey, Stranger. I just want to let you know not to give up hope. I had a fubar childhood too and spent my 20s completely floundering, losing jobs, doing destructive things, hosing school.

I'm now 39 have a lucrative career and working on my second masters degree and living/doing pretty much what I dream (like every human, sometimes I take it for granted, feel hopeless and scared, but I pull myself out of it).

There are a few really critical things you have to do for yourself now though if you are going to be at all successful in life.

You absolutely cannot have a criminal record, so your illegal activity must stop right now. Expecially the violent stuff. If you can't stop it, you must get help immediately.

Forget the get rich quick idea. Not going to happen. You are more likely to be hit by lightning. Your best bet is to buckle down and get that degree, or one that will make you some money. If you can't do it right now, fine. Drop out gracefully, don't flunk out, and go back when you can. Living dirt poor for a decade sure motivated me to do well in school when I finally went back.

Whatever you do, stay away from the criminal element. There are plenty of 20 somethings out there who are struggling to figure it out, who are experimental weird and fun that don't do things that will land them in jail. Once you've got that record, you are hosed.

Well to begin I was let in because people pulled strings for me my SAT scores sucked and i graduated with a 2.1 i think and I completed a lot of my courses in night school while attending regular high school. I been kicked out my university 2 times but I always had people in the school pull strings for me to kep me there; this time i am embarrass because I did not even pass one class, other times ill atleast pass something. I am thinking of going to talk to the guy who got me in the school to see what he can do for me. And i do love to read, college is where i learned to read, and eveything I basically know now. I used to be a knuckle head in school, but I changed a lot.

Archived