Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: My sore brain.....migraine journal

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Jan 9..............Another migraine starting now.........ewww. This time it is more in my ear....and radiating out to my face and into my throat reducing sensation and into my eye.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Jan 10.....sigh.....another is on it's way. Starting in the left side of my neck and head.

Bronze Member
    I sympathise Victoria as I also suffer with migraines, though not to the same level of severity, and can usually treat it with over-the counter medicines for migraine.

I did read in a UK paper that new research is showing that migraines are triggered by light and that this may lead to new forms of treatement: link removed

It's interesting because when I have a migraine I often feel that the pain is drilling into my eye.

My mother had migraine too for many years but after going through the menopause and finishing HRT her migraines have stopped. I'm sure women's menstrual cycles have an effect too as my migraines usually occur the week before my period or the week during.

Oh for a cure...

Oh for a cure for sure. My mom has migraines and so does my son. My mom is post menopausal and she still has migraines weekly at the very least. I will read the link you sent. Thank you. I am sorry you are a sufferer too.

Originally Posted by lucyblue10
    I sympathise Victoria as I also suffer with migraines, though not to the same level of severity, and can usually treat it with over-the counter medicines for migraine.

I did read in a UK paper that new research is showing that migraines are triggered by light and that this may lead to new forms of treatement: link removed

It's interesting because when I have a migraine I often feel that the pain is drilling into my eye.

My mother had migraine too for many years but after going through the menopause and finishing HRT her migraines have stopped. I'm sure women's menstrual cycles have an effect too as my migraines usually occur the week before my period or the week during.

Oh for a cure...

Such a freakin migraine I want to die.

And the hits just keep on comin...........another one.........this time the nausea is crazy and need to throw up.

I have suffered from severe migraines for about 20 years now. They used to get so bad, the only thing that helped was morphine or one of its derivatives. I tried all the drug-free cures, but none of them worked. I even tried reflexology, nope, nothing. I haven't had them anywhere near as often the last couple of years. I still get bad headaches, but they are not quite migraines. Still, the drugs never hurt me at all. I am a fairly healthy person. Now, all that pain you deal with may affect your health. I am very anti-drug, so I understand where you are coming from, but sometimes the pain is just too much to be born. I was not the partner nor the parent I wanted to be while I was in such pain and vomiting (I hated that part!)

Originally Posted by thejigsup
    I have suffered from severe migraines for about 20 years now. They used to get so bad, the only thing that helped was morphine or one of its derivatives. I tried all the drug-free cures, but none of them worked. I even tried reflexology, nope, nothing. I haven't had them anywhere near as often the last couple of years. I still get bad headaches, but they are not quite migraines. Still, the drugs never hurt me at all. I am a fairly healthy person. Now, all that pain you deal with may affect your health. I am very anti-drug, so I understand where you are coming from, but sometimes the pain is just too much to be born. I was not the partner nor the parent I wanted to be while I was in such pain and vomiting (I hated that part!)
    I would if I could take some. But opiates used to be my drug of choice if you know what I mean. With the number of migraines I get I would be an addict in no time. That is not something I want to risk again.

Spent the last few hours concentrating and breathing to release the pain and using a golf ball to deep massage my shoulder and neck..........some pain is still there but manageable. Using my own positive energy from deep inside and channeling it. Focusing all of my empathic abilities on myself.....feeling calm and focused.

It returned while I was sleeping.....it looks to be one of those semi incapacitating ones designed to drive you demented.

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice