My ex-husband is dating my boyfriend's ex-wife!!

freakedout

This is too strange! I've been dating "John" for about nine months, and it appears we will be together for a long while. My ex-husband started dating John's ex-wife, "Sue", at roughly at the same time. Without fail, every person who knows us all echoes my sentiments: "This is really weird and freaky and uncomfortable!"

I know I shouldn't care what my ex is doing; we've been apart for a year and a half. But somehow I feel very angry about this, and actively wish for their relationship to fail! They are both mentally unwell people, which makes them about right for each other.

How can I get over this?? Wishing for them to go down in flames hasn't been working so far

You're right in saying that this is really weird and awkward.

However, instead of focusing all your energy on wishing the worst on them, why not take that extra energy and putting it towards your own relationship?

Things didn't work out between your ex husband and his ex wife for a reason. I believe that everything happens for a reason. Maybe, you're really meant to be with your bf.

• 2 years later...

I know this has been a while since your post but the exact same thing has happened to me. It is sad that Ex's are doing this but I do believe in my particular case it was intentional. I was dating my boyfriend for 3 years when he bitter ex wife found out and started dating my ex husband. Her sister in law shared with me how upset she was about me dating her exhusband and it took her 4 months just to find my ex-husband. Now my ex and her are making our lives hell - visiting with my biological family regularly - spreading lies. Recently we announced our engagement - they were furious according to our children - now they are getting married. I simply don't know what to do here. I either give up on my love and happiness or try to ignore it. It makes me sick to know that there are vindictive haters in the world who try to steal your happiness just for spite.

• 1 year later...

To the last post----I have almost an identical story. Mine and my husband's ex sought each other out after we were together. Same interference with family except the lies and stories were to try and ruin my chance of having a relationship with my husband's family. Especially, after we got married..tried to get everyone on board with ruining our marriage. Now they decided after 6 yrs to "officially" move in together. Our kids are embarrassed about it. It's constant drama. And they each were the ones who originally initiated divorce. Yet they are so disgruntled that we found happiness. So intern, the ex-wife just constantly causes drama and anger between anyone and everyone. When she's not around, the rest of us, including my ex and my husband's family all get along fine. It has nothing to do with who my ex is with or my husband's ex is with, as much as it's about the constant drama that impacts the adults and mostly the children. I believe they were embarrassed by their relationship as well since they hid it from people for quite some time.

Archived