Would you worry about this?

tinydancer81

My son is 5 and we've already had a talk with him (when he started school) to warn him of the dangers out there, now i kept it really simple. I just said it was wrong for others to touch your private parts and you shouldn't touch others. He took this on board and is a very loving typical 5 yr old boy, we've never had a problem and although its one of my worst fears for him, he's fine.

A few weekends ago we went to our friends house (they have two children, girl and boy, 5 & 8) and as usual the kids were playing, it always ends up with them all getting overexcited or overtired and the scrapping starts. Well after the last time we all spent a weekend together, my son came up to us and said '***** tried to have sex with me!'. Straight away I was mortified and took him off where others couldnt hear and asked him what do you mean. He said the older boy had tried to lay on top of him and the girl and have sex, no clothes were removed and he said he wasn't touched there. But I was really concerned and again I had the talk with him to reiterate what is wrong and what he understood. A few days passed then as we're walking home from school he says '**** told me he looks at and touches a girls thingy for cards' (he was referring to some cards the kids all collect to swap). I just said 'well y'know thats a bad and I hope you dont do that' he said he didn't and it wasn't mentioned again.

The thing is this child's parents are really good friends of mine and I dont want to upset anyone, I've not said anything to the parents because 1, i dont know how to say it in the first place and 2, what if my son is exaggerating?

I dont think im ignoring it but I've now said to my son in future they all play where we can see them and no upstairs playing or in rooms with doors shut.

Sex play between kids of the same age is normal. Curiosity and role play mostly. I would have that rule though that there are NO closed doors in the house. I do not allow playing in a bedroom. I know a lot of parents do and I am not judging it. I just do not like it. I think it needs to be done carefully. It could be purely innocent and just kid play minicing what they see. You also do not want to give the idea that sex is dirty ect and give him a bad image of that. It would be hard. I am sorry I can not be more help. I have an only child and he never went to play at anyone's home until he was 11 years old. Usually about 5 is when explore and play happens though from what I can remember.

Archived