Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What does a 30 year old man want with a 21 year old woman?

thegirl_00

What does a 30 year old man want with a 21 year old woman?

I have gone on four dates with someone I met online. I'm not into the online dating thing, I was mainly on there out of boredom at work. There was only one guy I ever emailed back and after talking for awhile and making sure he was legit, we met in a public place.

I wasn't sure I liked him, but he made it VERY clear that he liked me right after the first date. After only the first date he would call me non stop, text me, email me. He bought chocolate on the first date, and flowers on the second date, and has talked to me a lot about starting a relationship. He has also talked to me about taking a trip to Vegas with some of this friends this winter (moving fast or what?) But I am just wanting to take it slow for now...

Him and I do have a lot of important qualities in common. In fact I have never really met anyone thus far who I have had so much in common with. I don't trust the internet for dating, for many obvious reasons. So I have been keeping my eyes and ear open for any sign that there is something wrong with the picture... but I haven't found anything yet. He told me his reasoning for being on an online dating site is simply because he is FAR too busy to find someone any other way.He owns his own business, and has another side business as well. Also he has a lot of close friends and plays a lot of sports which keep him busy. He said that he really wants to be in a relationship and have someone to share his wonderful life with to make it that much better.

I am finding myself feeling a little confused... and I guess a little insecure. What does a 30 year old successful, attractive, athletic man want with a 21 year old who is in university and still lives at home? If anyone else see's something wrong with this picture let me know. Or if I am just over paranoid...

Thanks for reading!

Seymore
    Kind of a big gap for the ages you are, but he might genuinely like you. I say give him the benefit of the doubt, but if you're uncomfortable with the showering of attention, I'd let him know to scale it back a bit.

livinginsbi

Why the age hang up? Bottom-line, do you enjoy his company? Does he enjoy yours?

Martin1
    Bronze Member
    I think you worry too much, I know alot of couples with an age difference of 8 - 15 years that just do fine.
    Of course it's not as common so it might look weird for you, also the fact that he's a very successful man probably adds up to that feeling of yours.

Still I guess you shouldn't go to vegas with them, I mean you don't know any of them and better be safe than sorry.

Did you tell him you wanna go slow? If not then you should, I'm sure he understands that and if he really is serious he will respect it

Also don't make yourself look worse than you are, who cares if you still live at home.

thegirl_00
    Quote Originally Posted by livinginsbi [Register to see the link]
    Why the age hang up? Bottom-line, do you enjoy his company? Does he enjoy yours?
    I guess the main insecurity is that he has his life together, and I don't.

But yes, I do enjoy his company. He is amazing so far.

Miss Firecracker
    Platinum Member Miss Firecracker's Avatar
    He sounds a little bit too good to be true. All the non-stop texting, calling, flowers and candy would throw me off a bit. The behavior is too obsessive in my opinion. I have to have my breathing room, my little bit of space, even when I'm in a deep relationship. The age isn't nearly so much an issue as the smothering.

livinginsbi

Don't beat yourself up over it...and give yourself more credit.. it's not always about where someone is in their life, sometimes it's just about who you are. I know plenty of people my age, men and women, who still don't have their life together -

Keep positive thougths, he obviously sees something within you that he likes.

musicguy
    Quote Originally Posted by Seymore [Register to see the link]
    Kind of a big gap for the ages you are, but he might genuinely like you. I say give him the benefit of the doubt, but if you're uncomfortable with the showering of attention, I'd let him know to scale it back a bit.
    I agree. Tell him that he's moving too fast. Just because you two are far apart in age doesn't mean that you two won't click. I mean Ashton Kutcher/Demi Moore.

Crazyaboutdogs
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Firecracker [Register to see the link]
    He sounds a little bit too good to be true. All the non-stop texting, calling, flowers and candy would throw me off a bit. The behavior is too obsessive in my opinion. I have to have my breathing room, my little bit of space, even when I'm in a deep relationship. The age isn't nearly so much an issue as the smothering.
    I completely agree. I see red flags here and it is not the age difference...it is his sweet talking, the gifts, the Las Vegas trip he wants you to go on with him, the constant communication so early on. Either he is a player or he is desperate...and I think the attraction has more to do with him figuring at 21 you are naive and would gobble up all his sweet talk and gestures. Tread carefully with this guy...it is too much, too intense, too soon.

Miss Firecracker
    Platinum Member Miss Firecracker's Avatar
    He sounds like a good salesman, talking about his good life and all. I get a feeling he's been on the dating sites for years.

He said he has no time for other dating methods, but if that were true he wouldn't have all this time to be texting, calling, e-mailing, etc.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Top Threads
Controlling or very opinionated?
Hi, my name is Michael. I came here for some advice on my girlfriend and I's relationship. I am 17 and she is 16 and we've been dating for just shy
I'm receiving the "Silent Treatment" - Now what?
I've been dating a guy now for almost 4 months. It's been going really well. We have a blast together! Last Friday morning I sent him a picture of my
Is she still interested? Advice for communication.'keeping this alive'
I went out on a first date with a woman I met on an online dating site this past weekend. She had messaged me initially, and we exchanged messages
Do guys say"I love you" that they don't mean it?
I have seen a guy who is 8 years younger than me for almost half year. Basically we just hooked up and nothing else We never hang out even though I
Uncertainty
Hey everyone! So i won't overwhelm you with a novel about my current situation but I just wanted some advice: I've gone on 3 dates with a great
Dating Someone with Oral Herpes
I know this subject isn't a new one to emerge on this forum, but it feels like one I need to personalize as a question. For the last 2 months, I
Dating went well; then ended with 'I'm not ready for casual or serious'..
Ok this is a bit of an essay but.... I am 31, and have never had a serious relationship thus far; some , short lived casual flings and one

Featured Threads
Controlling or very opinionated?
Hi, my name is Michael. I came here for some advice on my girlfriend and I's relationship. I am 17 and she is 16 and we've been dating for just shy
Women who prefer/only date younger men
I am dating a woman who is 9 years older than me. However, going after younger guys doesn't appear to be her pattern. In fact, the age difference
Still feels like the first day...
Long long story short.. I'll Coles notes it. I meet the love of my life at a gig I was playing, we ended up not spending a single night apart for
My partner and I have different goals, values, and thinking, should we continue?
My partner and I met a couple years ago when she moved to the city I lived in. We had shared a group of friends but never really knew each other
I'm hurt and not sure what to do ...
So ,this is my first time posting here ,but My mother always said it helps to write things down .So here it goes ! ^^ For a couple of weeks now
Who Am I and What do I Want?
Hi everyone, and thanks for reading this. At the moment I feel like I am having some sort of identity crisis, whilst not knowing what I want for
Is it wrong that I still talk to my ex boyfriend?
My ex boyfriend dumped me last week because he was pressuring me to have sex and I wasn't ready to have sex and he keeps calling and texting me every
Ask For Advice