pionital cyst on tailbone? IM IN EXTREME PAIN PLEASE HELP

I had to go to the ER the other night because of this lump on my tailbone. ive had it for a while and let it go. he said that its a pionital cyst. i am in EXTREME PAIN. i cannot stand up, lay down, sit, go up stairs..NOTHING. ima t the point now where its unbearable. i told him that. he has given me antibiotics yet no pain killers. the over the counter ones are too weak. what else can i do? anyone have any advice or ever been in this position.

the pain is too much for me to handle.

I have pilonidal cyst as well but it has not flared up in about five years. I know exactly what you are going through. The only thing you can do is avoid putting pressure on it and giving it time to heal. Laying on your stomach is definitely not fun, but sometimes it's necessary to take the pain away.

Did the ER lance the cyst and drain it? That usually provides temporary relief. You could also book a day surgery to have the cyst removed completely, but research it carefully. The recovery time on the surgery is quite extensive.

I have a beautiful crescent-shaped scar at the base of my tailbone to prove I had the surgery which was necessary more than a decade after the cyst was lanced in a doctor's office after my son was born. Over that decade the scar tissue had built up to the point of being painful. All I can say is not very many people can boast a rear view quite like mine.

I found surgery recovery pretty easy.

im laying on my stomach as we speak and it is HORRIBLE. they did not drain it or do anything. i play college basketball and im away at school right now and have a game on friday and saturday =( i need to relieve this pain, beacuse hopefully the medication is killing the infection. this is the worst pain i have ever EVER felt =(

As a FYI, lancing is usually done under a general anesthetic where they slice the top of the abscess and clean out all the pus and hair. It takes a few weeks to heal properly even after a lancing, and unfortunately it doesn't remove the cyst. Antibiotics will not remove the cyst either. They are both temporary solutions.

As a FYI, lancing is usually done under a general anesthetic where they slice the top of the abscess and clean out all the pus and hair. It takes a few weeks to heal properly even after a lancing, and unfortunately it doesn't remove the cyst. Antibiotics will not remove the cyst either. They are both temporary solutions.

If they slice off the top of the cyst to drain it, why wouldn't they just remove it completely? As long as your doing the cutting might as well make it a permanent solution!

oh yeah, and ouch! Might want to reconsider tha upcoming basketball game.

ER docs aren't big on dispensing pain killer scrips; but i can't believe they gave you nothing. You need another doc, fast.

If you meant pilonidal...:

link removed

Take the second link. Excerpt:

An infected pilonidal cyst is an link removed that requires incision and drainage in order to improve. Often, this procedure can initially be performed in the physician's office with local anesthesia. After numbing the area with an injection of a local anesthetic, an incision with a scalpel is made over the infected area. The physician will then drain the pus and remove hair and any other debris from the wound. The wound is then packed with gauze and allowed to heal. link removed are not necessary unless your physician feels that you have a spreading skin infection (link removed).

Know anyone with something for the pain? I found nothing.

Just look up a doc first thing tomorrow. If you have a 24 hour walk-in, call them for help in mean time.

I get one every 2 months or so from sitting down at work too much. THe dimples are in the tailbone area and my cyst is actually up towards the saccral region.

It hurts bad but I deal. I cant get time for it to heal to get surgery...Maybe ill take a surgery vacation some time...Such a blast!

Yeah I hate my life.

Archived