How common are false positives?

dangletsbang

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Get rid of those diet pills!!!! And you need to eat and not starve yourself. This is why you've gained a little weight recently and why you've been a little hormonal. Welcome to pregnancy!

Yeah, I guess that does explain it..huh..

I'm counting back and it seems as though i'm about 5 weeks..but I'll let the doctor confirm that Monday..

Also, Shelby, no more sushi!! You can only have COOKED fish like once a week, i think, in your first trimester. You really need to be careful of what you put into your body now. No herbs, no diet pills, no nothing, except a prenatal vitamin. And if the prenatals make you throw up (like me) ask your OB about taking Flintstone gummies. I could take 2 of those a day and I managed to keep them down.

I'm excited for you!! I know that it's confusing and your emotions are overwhelmed. Just try to relax and dont stress yourself out.

Also, Shelby, no more sushi!! You can only have COOKED fish like once a week, i think, in your first trimester. You really need to be careful of what you put into your body now. No herbs, no diet pills, no nothing, except a prenatal vitamin. And if the prenatals make you throw up (like me) ask your OB about taking Flintstone gummies. I could take 2 of those a day and I managed to keep them down.

I'm excited for you!! I know that it's confusing and your emotions are overwhelmed. Just try to relax and dont stress yourself out.

Yeah, I won't eat any more sushi..i'll eat enough and healthy..I'll toss the pills when they come in the mail..

I bought some prenatals this morning with my pregnancy tests.

I drank over the weekend though, i'm really worried about that...should I mention that to my doctor?

Yes, please mention all of it to your doctor (although probably no need to worry) and even though I feel very well versed in what should and shouldn't be eaten/taken, etc please don't get advice from a message board - buy a good book on pregnancy like What to Expect or The Pregnancy Bible and more importantly make a list of questions for your doctor (write them down because you will be too nervous/overwhelmed to remember everything).

Yes false positives are very rare (but again don't go by me!) and of course you can get pregnant pretty much any day of your cycle since sperm can live several days (i.e. in time for ovulation, you could ovulate early or late, etc). Again, I'm not a doctor.

oh wow. congrats! are you guys still together? and uhm, are you going to keep it?

when do you see your ob? how do you feel?

Yeah, we're together..he's unemployed though..which is stressing me how.

I'm pretty sure i'm going to keep it..80% sure..the other 20%..i'm not really sure..

I see my OB next Monday at 9, thankfully I didn't have to wait a long time for an appointment..

and right now i'm feeling just..fatigued..and kinda nauseous..but only because i'm in shock right now, I guess. My boobs are gigantic, swollen and are like a road map with all the bright blue veins going through them..I feel bloated..and tmi but i've been constipated..and i'm NEVER like that.

I almost lost control of my bowels when I saw the positive..I barely urinated at all on it and it turned bright pink.

I'm pretty sure i'm going to keep it..80% sure..the other 20%..i'm not really sure..

I see my OB next Monday at 9, thankfully I didn't have to wait a long time for an appointment..

and right now i'm feeling just..fatigued..and kinda nauseous..but only because i'm in shock right now, I guess. My boobs are gigantic, swollen and are like a road map with all the bright blue veins going through them..I feel bloated..and tmi but i've been constipated..and i'm NEVER like that.

I almost lost control of my bowels when I saw the positive..I barely urinated at all on it and it turned bright pink.

oh honey wow.... i just really feel you because we're basically the same age.

best of luck, really. did you tell him already?

You sound pregnant to me. Yup once can do it. The month my first son was concieved we only did the deed once that entire month and presto.......there he was.

I have never had a false positive. Yeah, they are pretty rare.

Congrats!

Archived