Why is she keeping me on a string?

matador1972

She wants to remain best friends with me, and do fun things with me (go out for dinner, go to concerts etc).

Yesterday i wrote her an email and after 3 or 4 weeks of acting like best friends and doing the things above as well as going to keep fit classes together, i told her that i couldnt be her friend anymore when i still wanted to be her husband.

During the times we were out, especially the last few, she was more flirty, at keep fit last week she was touching me quite often, at the concert on wednesday she asked to hold my hand on the way out which was for about 20 minutes while we got out of the crowd.

after the keep fit class when dropped her off, i said that i still loved her and she said she still loves me.

She knows i still love her and wanted her back, she still says she dosent know what she wants, but she is dating a guy, is she trying to keep her options open?

Our daughter was ill yesterday, not mega ill, just a bit off colour, she sent me a text saying "i know you dont want to see me anymore, but we need to talk about xxxxx". We chatted about her when i collected her and nothing more was said.

Later that evening she texted me asking how she was, now she has her mobile and could have asked her directly, i replied saying she was okay now, and she responded again saying that she felt really bad about making her goto school yesterday, i just ignored this.

im quite resolute that i now wont contact her unless its something about the kids, so it will be interesting to see how she responds, last night to me seemed an excuse to make contact, but i feel really low today because i have broken off contact with her, but obviously i need to do it to let her go, im not doing it to get her to come back. The signs are all there that she loves me still (actually at teh concert she said that she nearly caved last week when she was low herself).

Sounds like she is keeping her options open, just incase that other guy doesn't work out. You should start NC and only talk to her when you have to ie kids. I know its hard, but its better then hanging out, going to dinner, concerts etc as "friends" when you know you can't just be friends. Maybe one day down the road...

Archived