am I too rude a person?

sanadee

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, it is not appropriate behavior, and it should matter if people are rude or not. Seriously, what do you get out of that? You'll probably find that you feel better all-around when you smile at people and speak kindly. I smile and say hello to strangers every day, but we just do that down here. I don't think it's nationally acceptable to speak to strangers.

If someone is pissing you off unitentionally, then there's not point to be rude to them.

If you don't like someone just because you don't like them, it's no reason to go out of your way to make them feel bad.

Does it make YOU feel good to be rude to someone?

If someone is rude to me then yes I give them a taste of thier own behaviour.

I but then I have low tolerance to rude people.

Especially the ones who get a kick out of making other people feel low for no reason except to boost thier own self-esteem in some bizarre way.

Umm, I don't think it's appropriate behavior unless the other person purposely does something to you. If you're just going around being rude on purpose then of course it's inappropriate. If there's no real reason to be rude to others, then don't be rude. Treat others as you'd like to be treated. We learned that in pre-school.

I sometimes treat people rudely, and in public too, if they get in my way or are people i don't respect. is this appropriate behavior? should it matter if people are rude or not?

What do you mean? What do you do?

The fact that you yourself say you are are rude is a problem already, but different people here will have different views of what you are actually doing.

For most people the simple answer is that rude always equals inappropriate behaviour. There is no etiquette rule that calls for rude behaviour.

i hate rude people. why do you want to spread bad energy out to the world? i don't care if other people were rude to me. rude behaviour is never acceptable. it's immature to retaliate.

I guess I'm immature.....

I just can't let a rude person go away without feeling a bad consequence for thier actions.

I sometimes treat people rudely, and in public too, if they get in my way or are people i don't respect. is this appropriate behavior? should it matter if people are rude or not?

It is never appropriate to behave rudely. Being rude by the very definition means inappropriate behaviour. If you want to be rude, well, remember that if you live your life this way you will miss out on chances in love, business, friendships, and education because of it.

Your reactions to people either serve you well and are appropriate for you, or they don't serve you well--in which case, you get to decide if you want to continue with them.

If you decide you'd like to change something but aren't sure what or how, it can help to find someone you respect and admire, and begin observing the ways they react to people--and the ways people respond to them. Then you'll have some kind of model for a place to start experimenting with alternatives.

In your corner.

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

"Two wrongs do not make a right!"

Weren't you taught better growing up? Shame on you. I know it's incredibly hard to turn the cheek and just let someone walk over you, but still. It's a complete stranger, right? Smile and go on with your life.

I'll admit, sometimes when I'm driving and I get cut off I may honk my horn and give them the bird. But you know what gets the other driver REALLY going? Is when I smile at them and wave. [Or stick my tongue out like a 5yr old, but... Don't do that. You may get shot, lol]

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

"Two wrongs do not make a right!"

Weren't you taught better growing up? Shame on you. I know it's incredibly hard to turn the cheek and just let someone walk over you, but still. It's a complete stranger, right? Smile and go on with your life.

I'll admit, sometimes when I'm driving and I get cut off I may honk my horn and give them the bird. But you know what gets the other driver REALLY going? Is when I smile at them and wave. [Or stick my tongue out like a 5yr old, but... Don't do that. You may get shot, lol]

who does this? nobody does.

It is never appropriate to behave rudely. Being rude by the very definition means inappropriate behaviour. If you want to be rude, well, remember that if you live your life this way you will miss out on chances in love, business, friendships, and education because of it.

people get these by default, more often than not.

Your reactions to people either serve you well and are appropriate for you, or they don't serve you well--in which case, you get to decide if you want to continue with them.

If you decide you'd like to change something but aren't sure what or how, it can help to find someone you respect and admire, and begin observing the ways they react to people--and the ways people respond to them. Then you'll have some kind of model for a place to start experimenting with alternatives.

In your corner.

what is in my corner?

Is someone stepping in your way going to make an impact on your life in anyway? I would not say so. That is just wasting your life being angry about nothing. You will also wear your body out with all that aggression and anger.

Is there medical evidence to substantiate this point?

Behaving rudely can also get you in a heap of trouble. I remember getting a phone call one evening from my ex when we were together. She was on a train leaving work, crying hysterically, begging me to meet her at my local train station.

Turns out at her station in the city, a homeless person asked her for money. She yelled at him "Do I look like I want to give you any F*CKING money?" in front of everyone, and as she was getting something at the vending machine a few minutes later, he was standing near her. She got spooked and went to the train platform. He followed her there, staying a ways back. She got on the train and he got on with her. So now she's thinking he's following her home to beat her up or worse, and I had to drop what I was doing to meet her at the station because of her inability to control herself. Not that I minded picking her up from the station, but the reason why kinda irked me.

So if you keep up with the rudeness, you might cross the wrong person. It's tough not to be rude whenever someone is rude to you first, but two wrongs don't make a right. At work people come to me with their problems a LOT, and instead of getting rude and telling them to do their own jobs, I just say "Sorry, it's not my problem and I need to get this done" and don't respond after that. There's more tactful ways to get your point accross.

Is there medical evidence to substantiate this point?

Anger=stress=high blood pressure=heart problems/stroke.

Archived