Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What to do when you feel taken for granted?

[QUOTE=Bella20;3834115]No, not at all, I wasn't saying that he was with you for that reason, but I know that guys tend to become less attentive once the relationship becomes physical, because that's their way of expressing feelings. Then again, this is not all guys.

I mean... If he is a nice, respectful person who treats you with love and loves you well, I wouldn't worry too much about the little things. Sure, they are nice and all, but what you really want to focus on is developing a respectful, loving bond with the other person. It may not be in his nature to do these things, and I wouldn't have a fight over it. Just gently maybe remind him that you do enjoy the occasional little love thing

Oh okay, I understand what you meant now. Perhaps that is a reason, then, it makes sense.. but I never noticed this happening right after. Maybe gradually.

I agree, I do not want to fight about this. I might just ask him if we can do something romantic this weekend. Thanks for the advice

Platinum Member
    [QUOTE=-D-;3834130]Oh okay, I understand what you meant now. Perhaps that is a reason, then, it makes sense.. but I never noticed this happening right after. Maybe gradually.

I agree, I do not want to fight about this. I might just ask him if we can do something romantic this weekend. Thanks for the advice

How long have you guys been dating? My boyfriend and I have been together for three years and we live together, and we always make sure to have a date at least once a week. We go out to dinner, or to the movies, or we cook together... something that makes us bond. It helps us both decompress from the stress of the week and it keeps the flame alive...

If there is something you want or need from him that you aren't getting then ask for it. Nevermind it loses something because you had to ask, just ask and don't be afraid to give a gentle reminder once in a while either. Treat people the way you wish to be treated.

[QUOTE=Bella20;3834134]How long have you guys been dating? My boyfriend and I have been together for three years and we live together, and we always make sure to have a date at least once a week. We go out to dinner, or to the movies, or we cook together... something that makes us bond. It helps us both decompress from the stress of the week and it keeps the flame alive...

We've been together for about 9 months.
    I'd love to do that sort of stuff wth him, but we are long distance so I see him once every 10 days usually.
    I thnk the long distance might be another reason why I am feeling this way.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by -D-
    We've been together for about 9 months.
    I'd love to do that sort of stuff wth him, but we are long distance so I see him once every 10 days usually.
    I thnk the long distance might be another reason why I am feeling this way.
    I think so too. My friend is long-distance with her boyfriend and she is very insecure and needs reassurance a lot, which didn't happen when they were not long distance.

Originally Posted by Bella20
    I think so too. My friend is long-distance with her boyfriend and she is very insecure and needs reassurance a lot, which didn't happen when they were not long distance.
    I hate being that way too and like you said, I wasn't before we were long distance..

Platinum Member
    What's the situation with you two? why is it long distance?

What's the situation with you two? why is it long distance?
    I met him in my hometown, when I was in grade 12. He got transfered there for work. He worked away quite abit though. Then in September, I was going away to college andhe didn't want to leave his job so we just take turns visiting eachother now. It's about 3 hours

Platinum Member
    so what's going to happen? are you going back home after graduating from college... is he moving... ?

so what's going to happen? are you going back home after graduating from college... is he moving... ?

I don't really know...
    My guess is that he will move to the city once I graduate
    or we will move somewhere together. We've still got six months to decide that, i guess.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice