Guy had been flirting with me for one year...HELP!!!

Lizzy19

Hi, my name is Lizzy. I've never been on this forum but I need serious help. I recently just gotten out of a relationship that lasted two weeks and three days, but I'm not talking about him. I'm talking about another guy.This one guy has been flirting with me at his job at the coffee shop for a year now. He has to be the nicest guy in my city.But in the back of my head sometimes I think he might be fake, that he might not be as nice as he seems. Some people agree with me. I thought he could be just acting. When he saw me with my last bf he got really upset, but he still flirted with me the next day even though he knew I still could have been with my boyfriend but that day he was REALLY flirting with me. I finally mustered up the courage to ask him out. I have social phobia I'm afraid to socialize and talk so yes, that took A LOT for me to do. I went to a Halloween carnival in the morning with my new friends, one of my friends said I should call him up and invite him since I asked him out and like him. My friends said I should tell him how I feel when he comes, and I did. He said he used to have a crush on me but doesn't anymore and he doesn't want to start a relationship right now. But he was flirting with me a day ago. We talked for the rest of the day he got there at about 10 or 11 am and when he even drove me home and talked to me he was totally blushing and flirting with me.He even asked me if I was still a virgin...that made me question him. I was texting him for the rest of the weekend then on Tuesday I saw him at work and he wouldn't look at me in the eye. I thought he was just busy but he wasn't and I know because I text him on the phone and we went into a big conversation for hours I lost so many minutes.

Here let me tell you what happened.

Ok. I was texting him and then stupid me asked him the stupid question. I asked why did you used to have a crush on me? Then all the sudden he goes on a tangent (right word?) tells me... no more like demands that I don't go with a boyfriend for three years, tells me he loves his guitar and he picks his guitar over me, how bad relationships are. He said he's a jerk, but acts like having a relationship is like touching a raw wire when you just got out of the shower. He goes on about how god awful it is for me to have a crush on him when he said he didn't care if I did or not on Monday because I told him I still had a crush on him. He sends me like 6-8 messages going on a HUGE HUUUGGGEEE lecture on how awesome he is for not having a girlfriend acting like he's he is the most awesome guy alive. Acting like totally rude jerk, and I said, "I don't give who I love or who I like and or if I'm getting together with them or not. Yes. You are a jerk.I was told I was a bad judge of character and this just proves it by how you just totally changed personalities." I showed the messages to my Mom and she was like you know whoa! This guy is the nicest guy in our city. He's a freaking sweetheart. He was acting like he was the most wonderful person because he didn't have a crush on me anymore. Oh mighty Thor I must bow to thee and thy wishes and commands. He's acting like he's so awesome since he's not in a relationship, he's ego was the size of the freaking moon. I don't get him, he is not my father, if he was I am an adult. He's fake.

I don't get it! I had a feeling from the beginning that he might be fake. How dare he flirt with me for a year and then never ask me out and flirt with me on and on then after wards I ask him out he says no and then flirts with me again. What? Do I even talk to this guy ever again? What gets me the most is how large his ego is. He acts like all the girls want him. Do I just ignore him for life? I also don't like that he asked me if I was a virgin or not!

PLEASE HELP

Archived