I don't take my bad mood out on you, so...

-Sanguine-

My best friend is great, she really is. It's just that when she's in a bad mood, she has a way of taking it out on me. I think it's cause I'm the person she's closest to, but it seems like everyone else around her, even good friends, she is nice to.

I realize, she probably just knows that I love her and will be there for her no matter what, but considering our history, this whole thing is getting a bit old and I'm not sure how much longer I can keep quiet about it. I've learned to stand up for myself more in the last year and now I realize that things that have happened in the past really bother me and I wish I would have stuck up for myself then. But I didn't, and now that's my first instinct.

I realize she has a lot of stuff going on, but I feel like I'm walking on eggshells around her. And then I hear her talking on the phone to others and she is fine with them. She just seems really snappy at me and I don't like it and it makes me not want to go home (we do live together).

I don't want to say anything to her because it will just cause more stress for her and cause an unwanted fight between us.

I just want to know how to deal with these feelings and if anyone can relate?

I could relate. Makes you wonder what you did, and why they are being that way around you. I'll tell you one thing, this is something that I learned this past summer, something has happened and its bugged them big time and they take it out on the closest person that has something to do with them.

The one mistake that I made, when this was happening to me was to just take it while at the same time run and hide. I would run and hide by taking it, but I would run and hide by getting other to find out if I did something. Opposed to asking myself if I did something; as well as, expressing my feelings towards that type of attitude.

Lesson learned was to speak up. Which is what I suggest you do. Speak up to your friends, express your concern and tell her that sometimes you do not feel like coming home. See where that goes and take it from there.

Archived